This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Chat #6

Last edited by MissTwiggley; 04-09-2021, 17:48.
    I am not an early bird or a night owl.
    I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Last edited by MissTwiggley; 04-09-2021, 17:49.
    I am not an early bird or a night owl.
    I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) chat #5

Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
      [MENTION=42504]BigRedV[/MENTION], Stop! I am so jealous right now! It looks heavenly. [emoji4] I haven't been to the beach in so long.

We've got some well-equipped parks here, but it's otherwise dull.

My parents frequently fished in Kyeemagh. I believe it was in Cook's river. I have memories of throwing back any fish that were still redeemable as well as crabs in the water when they weren't looking... I couldn't bear watching their slow demise.

Do you remember a fairly largeish pizza shop on the left-hand side of the grand parade (coming down from Mascot)? I loved that place, but the name eludes me. So many memories!
      I only lived in bayside for about 10 years before moving up here . Well it was Rockdale council before Bayside.

I think I do know that shop, though. I think it’s a fish and chip shop now. We used to go there on Good Friday.

The parks up here are rubbish. My kids are getting past playgrounds but I do miss that about Bayside. We used to have 3 amazing parks all in walking distance and what felt like hundreds locally to choose from.

Actually this memory popped up today…an old tree at the park right near our old house that my kids loved climbing. IMG_9171.jpg
      Last edited by BigRedV; 16-08-2021, 21:47.

Comment

That's such a beautiful tree!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalina View Post
          That's such a beautiful tree!
          It is! No trees like that in the mountains.

Comment

NSW Health are counting the boy who passed away as a covid death, despite the hospital being clear about his death not being due to covid.

That kind of thing is damaging, both in terms of public trust and in terms of data accuracy.

Comment

I’m in the line for my first dose. Wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalina View Post
                NSW Health are counting the boy who passed away as a covid death, despite the hospital being clear about his death not being due to covid.

That kind of thing is damaging, both in terms of public trust and in terms of data accuracy.
                It also really annoys me that NSW Health do not list schools as exposure sites.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedV View Post
                  It also really annoys me that NSW Health do not list schools as exposure sites.
                  I know in Queensland if there is no concern about other people being exposed a site isn’t listed. This happened with a private hospital emergency department. They showed through CCTV and check in’s that they could account for everyone so it wasn’t listed. I don’t agree with it but maybe it is the same with the schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
                    I know in Queensland if there is no concern about other people being exposed a site isn’t listed. This happened with a private hospital emergency department. They showed through CCTV and check in’s that they could account for everyone so it wasn’t listed. I don’t agree with it but maybe it is the same with the schools.
                    Schools have put up posts about their school being closed for cleaning and it is mandatory for teachers to check in.

IMG_9172.jpg

Comment

DH, DD and I have all come down sick and live near a number of exposure sites.

DH has gotten tested this morning (I didn’t want to wait in line with a psycho toddler - we figure we all have the same thing).

Wish us luck!

Comment

633 new cases in NSW.. why isn’t it going down. ?

Comment

Originally posted by granny1 View Post
                          633 new cases in NSW.. why isn’t it going down. ?
                          Because it's mostly being spread through workplaces (I'm guessing essential services) and households, which you can't really minimize further.

My gosh, the number of people in hospital is huge.

Comment

70% is household transmission. The rest are mostly workplaces.

Comment

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Chat #6

Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
                              Because it's mostly being spread through workplaces (I'm guessing essential services) and households, which you can't really minimize further.

My gosh, the number of people in hospital is huge.
                              Yeah it’s become clear that the cases are not going to go down - I mean the lockdown can’t really get much stricter and the current one isn’t even keeping the case numbers steady. I guess it’s slowing down the exponential growth.

I just hope that everyone who wants to be vaccinated (including children) can be vaccinated ASAP.
                              Last edited by babyno1onboard; 18-08-2021, 11:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X