This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GreenMama View Post
    Our lockdown ended yesterday so my kids are back at school for one day before holidays start. Better than nothing!
    This was us today. Our lockdown lifted yesterday arvo. We gave DS the choice and he chose school 🤷🏻‍♀️ he had a ball being with friends. He’s crashed out hard tonight [emoji23]
    We are surrounded by lockdown LGAs so being out of lockdown doesn’t do much but at least we can see friends and family now. It helps coming into holidays.

Comment

• Originally posted by hakuna matata View Post
      I had mine Monday and no symptoms thus far. DH had his yesterday and said he had a headache today but that’s it.
      Almost 48 hours now and headache gone and energy levels good. I am getting some twingey pain near my lymph node scar again.

I feel like I've been given a bonus day as I was expecting to be laid up afterwards!

Comment

• Welp we now need to isolate for 14 days due to having attended a Tier 1. Eeeeeergh

Comment

• Originally posted by Beary View Post
          Welp we now need to isolate for 14 days due to having attended a Tier 1. Eeeeeergh
          Eek! Good luck x

Comment

Welp we now need to isolate for 14 days due to having attended a Tier 1. Eeeeeergh
            My MIL was recently at a Tier 1 site but she wasn’t notified until 8 days after the exposure. She has been told she only has to spend 6 days in isolation to bring her up to the 14 day period. She had to get a test the day she was notified and test again on day 13. She can get out after day 14 and a negative result.

Are you in isolation for the full 14 days?

Comment

• Originally posted by GirlsRock View Post
              My MIL was recently at a Tier 1 site but she wasn’t notified until 8 days after the exposure. She has been told she only has to spend 6 days in isolation to bring her up to the 14 day period. She had to get a test the day she was notified and test again on day 13. She can get out after day 14 and a negative result.

Are you in isolation for the full 14 days?
              No, it’ll be 10 days from date of exposure which is a small mercy!

Comment

No, it’ll be 10 days from date of exposure which is a small mercy!
                So you haven't been notified until 10 days after exposure? Contract tracing must really be struggling already!

Fingers crossed for a negative result for you!

Comment

• Contact tracing and checking in is useless.

Most transmission is in the home or workplace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stretched View Post
                    So you haven't been notified until 10 days after exposure? Contract tracing must really be struggling already!

Fingers crossed for a negative result for you!
                    Sorry, to clarify - we will be quarantining for 10 days. We were notified 4 days after exposure.

We have only been in quarantine for 12 hours and my husband has implemented a rule that I can only complain once a day [emoji23]

Comment

Sorry, to clarify - we will be quarantining for 10 days. We were notified 4 days after exposure.

We have only been in quarantine for 12 hours and my husband has implemented a rule that I can only complain once a day [emoji23]
                      No fair! So you'll be on here complaining a lot then?

4 days is much better than 10. What a PITA though, this is why I don't want to go anywhere!

Comment

• I’m NSW, they don’t even list exposure sites anymore!

Comment

No fair! So you'll be on here complaining a lot then?

4 days is much better than 10. What a PITA though, this is why I don't want to go anywhere!
                          Yes!!! I was thinking we should buy a tent and take the kids camping (in a caravan park, at an ensuite powered sites because I'm a princess and need running water, but the thought of a communal bathroom is terrifying. But then all of the places I looked at took us closer to the city, and they've had exposure sites there recently! Daylesford, Ballarat, Torquay, Geelong, Ocean Grove etc)

I decided it wasn't a great idea. (Then I imagined my toddler in a tent 😱 and wondered what the actual heck was wrong with me for even thinking it 🤣). Then I thought about trips locally, or day out style things... and yeah, I'm just not ready for that yet. We need to be careful I can't potential being something home to dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRedV View Post
                            I’m NSW, they don’t even list exposure sites anymore!
                            They are still listing exposure sites and putting a lot of effort in to contact tracing for regional NSW, as they think there is still a chance of containment.
                            They decided weeks ago to stop listing exposure sites for Greater Sydney, as there are just too many and people may as well consider everywhere they go to be an exposure site. Someone may know the correct answer, but I'm pretty sure they still notify people that have checked in via Service NSW.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
                              Yes!!! I was thinking we should buy a tent and take the kids camping (in a caravan park, at an ensuite powered sites because I'm a princess and need running water, but the thought of a communal bathroom is terrifying. But then all of the places I looked at took us closer to the city, and they've had exposure sites there recently! Daylesford, Ballarat, Torquay, Geelong, Ocean Grove etc)

I decided it wasn't a great idea. (Then I imagined my toddler in a tent 😱 and wondered what the actual heck was wrong with me for even thinking it 🤣). Then I thought about trips locally, or day out style things... and yeah, I'm just not ready for that yet. We need to be careful I can't potential being something home to dad.
                              Yep, your side of the state I would not want to be heading towards the city/Northwest as it's spreading out (look at new lockdowns announced as proof!).

Comment

Yep, your side of the state I would not want to be heading towards the city/Northwest as it's spreading out (look at new lockdowns announced as proof!).
                                Yep I feel like we are safe here than moving about.
                                It's sad, there's not much to do here with the 3 kids in this weather.

Df has got 2 long weekends back to back so it would've been nice to get away, but I feel best staying put unfortunately. I might have to get creative... but I'm so not creative. The forecast is average of 70% rain daily, and a Max of about 14-17. Yuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X