Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to visit in QLD

I'm writing up a list of must-see places in QLD. So far I have:

Waterfalls: Babinda Boulders, Millaa Millaa Falls, Cardwell spa pool, Elliott falls, Josephine Falls, and Fruit Bat Falls
    Fraser island: Lake Mackenzie, SS maheno wreck
    Whitsundays: Blue Pearl Bay
    Gold coast: Dream world, Warner bros movie world, Sea world, Gold coast aqua park, Thunderegg crystal mine, Spirits of the red sands
    Surfers paradise
    Sunshine coast: The big pineapple + beaches
    Heron island: Baby turtles
    Paronella Park

Any suggestions for what I can add? Thanks
    I am not an early bird or a night owl.
    I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Eungella and Finch Hatton Gorge (Mackay region)

Whitehaven Beach

Comment

Tree top walk on the Gold Coast hinterland (near the thunder egg place).

Wildlife HQ on the Sunshine Coast (next to the Big Pineapple)

Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays

Cape York in general - I can’t remember any specific places other than the waterfalls you have already listed.

Comment

Places to visit in QLD

Lady Elliot Island

Comment

Following as we are heading up to Cairns at some point in the very near future.

Comment

Thanks so much ladies, I've added them to the itinerary. xx

Comment

Noosa National Park (Sunshine Coast) is amazing. It can be pretty busy so pick your time to go but it’s worth it. Fantastic walk with stunning views.

Not sure if it’s a must do but if you’re up that way and have time, the walk up Mt Coolum (Sunshine Coast) is pretty nice as well. There’s an amazing view from the top. If you have young kids (under 4) be prepared to carry them some of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
                Noosa National Park (Sunshine Coast) is amazing. It can be pretty busy so pick your time to go but it’s worth it. Fantastic walk with stunning views.

Not sure if it’s a must do but if you’re up that way and have time, the walk up Mt Coolum (Sunshine Coast) is pretty nice as well. There’s an amazing view from the top. If you have young kids (under 4) be prepared to carry them some of the way.
                It sounds lovely. Is the walk to Mt Coolum on a very narrow path? Ds2 is quite heavy and Ds3 always runs off so both would likely be in a double pram for most of it.

Comment

Places to visit in QLD

Hervey Bay - whale watching/across to Fraser Island

Bundaberg - Rum distillery, turtle hatching at Mon Repos

Rainbow beach - Carlo sand blow

Cairns - trip out on the reef, Kuranda rail + sky rail, head north to Daintree, cape tribulation

Winton - dinosaurs

Longreach - stockmans hall of fame, Qantas museum

Gold Coast - Springbrook national park (waterfalls, glow worm caves), mount Tamborine, lamington national park

Sunshine Coast - Maleny (Maleny dairy, Mary Cairncross reserve)/montville, eumundi markets,

ETA Queen Mary falls between Warwick and Beaudesert. Sunflower fields between toowoomba and warwick
                  Last edited by MLadyEm; 09-06-2021, 22:50.

Comment

Places to visit in QLD

Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
                    It sounds lovely. Is the walk to Mt Coolum on a very narrow path? Ds2 is quite heavy and Ds3 always runs off so both would likely be in a double pram for most of it.
                    Ah ok. You can’t take a pram, it’s a rugged track and very steep in some sections (i used to carry DD through the steep sections). If DS3 is likely to run off it wouldn’t be safe. The Noosa National Park walk is pram friendly, you won’t be able to do the whole walk with a pram but can turn around when the sealed path stops.

Comment

We did Cairns/Port Douglas pre kids but Kuranda was gorgeous. We went up on the train and back on the sky rail.

My parents have just driven via Winton up to Darwin and they absolutely loved the dinosaurs up there. My dh has wanted to go up for a long time but wants to also visit Hughenden and the ‘dinosaur trail’. My kids are huge dinosaur enthusiasts so it is high on our list of places to visit. My parents also went to the actual site where the dinosaur stampede footprints were and said it was worth the drive out.

Comment

I'd give dreamworld a miss, we were there over the weekend, it was just boring. It's not what I remember it before the accident happened.

Comment

For younger kids, I highly recommend Aussie World on the Sunshine Coast

Comment

You guys are awesome, thank you so so much! I've added each and every suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason98 View Post
                              I'd give dreamworld a miss, we were there over the weekend, it was just boring. It's not what I remember it before the accident happened.
                              What did you feel had changed? I want to take the boys just so I can say they've at least seen it once. I haven't been to QLD since I was little and I can't imagine how much it has changed in that time. I remember there was a place you could take photos with a snake around your neck? I don't think it was a zoo though. I also have memories of running across this massive park where my cousin lived and there was a mcdonalds right across the park. Haha the things kids remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X