What’s in a name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I thought they are no longer funded by the public as they quit the royal family.
    I meant that the royal circus is funded by the public.

I have no idea about H&M's current financial arrangements. But I'm pretty certain nobody is listening to their speeches or signing book deals or any other deals with them because of their talents, professional skills or intellectual contribution. H&M are milking the royalty cow for all it's worth.

He's even offering up personal family drama for attention, which they are leveraging into money. While in the same breath bemoaning media attention (of the kind they don't control).

Eta: maybe nothing inherently immoral in selling stories to tabloids. There is something immoral about playing the mental health card when it comes to you or your wife, but then using the media to call your father neglectful and cold, your sister in law a bit of a cow, your brother a prisoner in the family, and an unnamed family member a racist. I wonder what the mental health effects of their antics and mud-slinging might be on his 90+ yo grandmother.
    Last edited by Kalina; 08-06-2021, 15:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalina View Post
      I

I have no idea about H&M's current financial arrangements. But I'm pretty certain nobody is listening to their speeches or signing book deals or any other deals with them because of their talents, professional skills or intellectual contribution. H&M are milking the royalty cow for all it's worth.
      Yeah but it’s the same for most actors, sporting celebs etc. Obviously the public want to hear about it hence it makes money. Everyone has different opportunities in life - I don’t see any issues with people capitalising on them so long as it is not immoral.

Anyway, it’s not really my thing - I find trashy articles boring (I usually don’t even know who the person is) and I don’t have an Instagram account but this stuff must be pretty popular in the general public or it wouldn’t generate so much money.

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
        Yeah but it’s the same for most actors, sporting celebs etc. Obviously the public want to hear about it hence it makes money. Everyone has different opportunities in life - I don’t see any issues with people capitalising on them so long as it is not immoral.

Anyway, it’s not really my thing - I find trashy articles boring (I usually don’t even know who the person is) and I don’t have an Instagram account but this stuff must be pretty popular in the general public or it wouldn’t generate so much money.
        Yeah I don't actually care that much. This is what happens when I take the day off and my plans fall through, I end up spending the day discussing the royals on bh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalina View Post
          Yeah I don't actually care that much. This is what happens when I take the day off and my plans fall through, I end up spending the day discussing the royals on bh.
          Likewise! 🤣

Comment

Working...
          X