This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 (Coronavirus) chat #5

Dunno if contact tracers have the authority to access work records if they're not volunteered.

Work log books are just filled in manually by the employee.

I'd assume it was a visit to buy things for himself and he knew he shouldn't have been there.

Today's presser outlined the timeline and he did not know his partner was positive when left on the trip and only developed symptoms the next day (when he was back).
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 24-10-2020, 13:42.

Comment

Subbing

Comment

Despite the fact I can’t go further than 25km, we have just started booking our next holiday away from Melbourne’s winter next year.

Accommodation we have just booked that has free cancellation but I’m wondering what people are doing with flights?

The location we intend on going to (fingers crossed 2021 does not look like 2020!) doesn’t have heaps of flights so we can’t just leave it to the last minute to wait and see. We will likely stick with Qantas as I’m not sure how the other carriers will be going by then.

Has anyone booked domestic flights recently for a holiday? If so, are you just paying the additional costs for ability to change/cancel? I have interpreted travel insurance to exclude covid related reasons - is that correct?

Felt like we were so close to reaching the original Oct 26th target! Hope the northern cluster is quickly contained and no more mystery cases. I have been loving the 25km and 10 person/2household, I’m not really longing for anything tomorrow. Watching the grand final tonight made me realise now starkly different a Victorian life is compared to the rest of country. We will be there soon too!

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
          Despite the fact I can’t go further than 25km, we have just started booking our next holiday away from Melbourne’s winter next year.

Accommodation we have just booked that has free cancellation but I’m wondering what people are doing with flights?

The location we intend on going to (fingers crossed 2021 does not look like 2020!) doesn’t have heaps of flights so we can’t just leave it to the last minute to wait and see. We will likely stick with Qantas as I’m not sure how the other carriers will be going by then.

Has anyone booked domestic flights recently for a holiday? If so, are you just paying the additional costs for ability to change/cancel? I have interpreted travel insurance to exclude covid related reasons - is that correct?

Felt like we were so close to reaching the original Oct 26th target! Hope the northern cluster is quickly contained and no more mystery cases. I have been loving the 25km and 10 person/2household, I’m not really longing for anything tomorrow. Watching the grand final tonight made me realise now starkly different a Victorian life is compared to the rest of country. We will be there soon too!
          We’ve booked a holiday for mid next year. Like you the accomodation is fully refundable but flights aren’t. We’ve just accepted that we may loose the cost or cop a fee to change.

Comment

the goal posts keep changing! no changes for metro melbourne because of the bloody outbreak at the schools. people are so annoyed!!! we’ve been locked in our homes for months now.

Comment

We are taking holidays in our state, NSW. We have booked a week in western NSW early January. If the Qld borders open over Christmas then we will also go up there for 10 days mid-late January.

Comment

So frustrating isn't it TC? As I said to dh, the goal posts keep changing but that's because the situation keeps changing. Can't believe we have another outbreak in the north. I'm only a couple of suburbs away. Hopefully they can get on top of it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
                  So frustrating isn't it TC? As I said to dh, the goal posts keep changing but that's because the situation keeps changing. Can't believe we have another outbreak in the north. I'm only a couple of suburbs away. Hopefully they can get on top of it soon.
                  dh is being a d!ck. we are now arguing because he doesn’t think i should be feeling angry and frustrated. he’s just a blind dan lover and it’s really annoying me. seems to think nobody should be angry or questioning what’s going on.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post

I’ve pretty much given up on arranging holidays. Will just wait until the last minute and book something then if/when we go somewhere. Too many things up in the air at the moment. And I’m kind of enjoying holiday at home.

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
                      dh is being a d!ck. we are now arguing because he doesn’t think i should be feeling angry and frustrated. he’s just a blind dan lover and it’s really annoying me. seems to think nobody should be angry or questioning what’s going on.
                      Yeah I'm so over it. Like, F$#* ! Today's big anticipated announcements .... "uh, give us some more time and we'll get back to you." I am not unhappy with Dan or any one person/government/organisation, I'm unhappy with the pandemic. I'm fed up with this disease. I know being angry doesn't help or change anything, but I am. I'm sick of every day being a wait for something.

I live so far away from the northern suburbs. Our shire hasn't had a new case in well over 30 days, probably more like 45! Why can't we go back to suburb lockdown? (No offence intended to those members who live in those areas) The north/northwest continues to be the source of infection. As the crow flies we are further from the CBD than Geelong is, plus a much lower population density- yet we still have the same rules applied. I'm over it!

Sure, I'm just getting on with life and not ruminating every minute of every day. It is what it is. But that doesn't mean I'm not angry about it all!

Comment

I’m so disappointed today. I literally burst into tears watching the press conference.
                        Hopefully the northern outbreak is under control in the next few days.
                        Why that family sent their child to school when they were isolating is beyond me. I hope they get a huge fine.

Comment

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) chat #5

Originally posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
                          I’m so disappointed today. I literally burst into tears watching the press conference.
                          Hopefully the northern outbreak is under control in the next few days.
                          Why that family sent their child to school when they were isolating is beyond me. I hope they get a huge fine.
                          It would be prudent to investigate the reason why the family though it was ok for the boy the to go school before deciding to throw the family under the bus.

Comment

Yeah I'm over the pandemic too. I get a bit frustrated with people who make it all about politics though.

I guess because I'm so close to the northern cluster I can see how it could easily spill over into other areas including ours. I'm so glad I go a bit further east to do the shopping. Hopefully by Tuesday we'll have some good news...If they're on top of this outbreak.
                            Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 25-10-2020, 14:10.

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
                              It would be prudent to investigate the reason why the family though it was ok for the boy the to go school before deciding to throw the family under the bus.
                              I've read a little bit about the circumstances and can see how it would happen. And that's without adding in a different language to contend with.
                              The guidance can be pretty confusing. I can't say for sure that I wouldn't have sent kid b to daycare when kid a got the all-clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X