Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder why he didn't disclose that stop. I haven't followed, maybe that's been explained. But if he told contact tracers about other places he was at, why not this one?

This is not to excuse his omission - I don't know enough about it one way or another - but I wonder if there's more to it. For example, people can feel terrible pressure for one reason or another in work situations, even if it isn't spoken. So again, I'm not in any way excusing what he did, only curious to know why, whether it's as simple as him being blase.

Comment

• Also, just thinking about it - if he was there in a work capacity, ie driving a truck, wouldn't it have been logged for work?

Comment

• But did he go through that town for work? Or was it a personal side trip? If it was for work I would have thought that contact tracers would be looking at log books.

Eta: if it had nothing to do with work, he was presumably out of the 5km zone.
        Last edited by BH-bubhub; 24-10-2020, 13:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalina View Post
          I wonder why he didn't disclose that stop. I haven't followed, maybe that's been explained. But if he told contact tracers about other places he was at, why not this one?

This is not to excuse his omission - I don't know enough about it one way or another - but I wonder if there's more to it. For example, people can feel terrible pressure for one reason or another in work situations, even if it isn't spoken. So again, I'm not in any way excusing what he did, only curious to know why, whether it's as simple as him being blase.
          My understanding is that he disclosed the kilmore stop and Benalla, but not Shepparton. Then someone in Shepparton had symptoms and was tested over the weekend and came back positive. So from there contact tracers worked with the positive case to see where they had been and who they had been around.
          Their husband has a tyre dealership, and they worked out that the guy from the chadstone outbreak who went to kilmore and Benalla had been at this dealership on the 30/09.
          So authorities went back and questioned him. That was when he disclosed he had been in Shepparton. No idea why it wasn’t disclosed in the beginning. Maybe he didn’t think he was infectious then? But he also went to non work places (Bunnings for example).
          agree you’d think there would be log books / records at his work that would specify where he was so his memory wouldn’t have to be relied on. So I don’t know what happened there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
            My understanding is that he disclosed the kilmore stop and Benalla, but not Shepparton. Then someone in Shepparton had symptoms and was tested over the weekend and came back positive. So from there contact tracers worked with the positive case to see where they had been and who they had been around.
            Their husband has a tyre dealership, and they worked out that the guy from the chadstone outbreak who went to kilmore and Benalla had been at this dealership on the 30/09.
            So authorities went back and questioned him. That was when he disclosed he had been in Shepparton. No idea why it wasn’t disclosed in the beginning. Maybe he didn’t think he was infectious then? But he also went to non work places (Bunnings for example).
            agree you’d think there would be log books / records at his work that would specify where he was so his memory wouldn’t have to be relied on. So I don’t know what happened there.
            If it was for work, there'd be those records, if it was personal..... There'd be nothing 🤷‍♀️

Comment

• Time for a new thread over here thanks

Comment

Working...
              X