This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [emoji7]
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 23-10-2020, 21:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stretched View Post
      Yeah I have been trying to push myself to think about it as I know there will be stock shortages and postage problems, but I'm having so much trouble forward thinking right now. We don't even know what we'll be 'allowed' to do next week, let alone in 2.5 months. I start to think about it and then fear creeps in that we may not even be able to catch up with family for Christmas and then the cycle of wallowing in the $hitness of it all sets in again.

At least I have both kids back at school today - pretty exciting!! Now to try not to waste the whole day!
      We've made the decision to stay home this Christmas. We should be in NSW for it, but it's too hard to be looking at numbers and dates and restrictions levels to make plans. So we've called it, and don't need to spend anymore energy on it. We'll go up early next year if we're allowed, but at least we don't have to think any more about Christmas

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
        We've made the decision to stay home this Christmas. We should be in NSW for it, but it's too hard to be looking at numbers and dates and restrictions levels to make plans. So we've called it, and don't need to spend anymore energy on it. We'll go up early next year if we're allowed, but at least we don't have to think any more about Christmas
        is anyone actually booking anything yet? is travel even allowed? i’ve been under the impression that, because it’s still all so uncertain, nobody is booking anything. or do you mean more like, you guys have decided that whatever happens (even if travel is permitted by then), you’ll stay home regardless? like you’ve made the decision just for the peace of mind and to not have to consider it down the track?

Comment

• We’ve booked accommodation in Melbourne for the 20th December ( you can cancel 2 weeks prior with no penalty) as it’s my brothers turn to host Xmas this year - we are just all being positive that it will be ok to travel down there by then!

Comment

• I would love to book a holiday, but, a Melbournian can only dream! I only hope we can travel 20kms for a family Christmas gathering now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
              I would love to book a holiday, but, a Melbournian can only dream! I only hope we can travel 20kms for a family Christmas gathering now.
              yeah same. i’d be happy with a couple of nights down the coast! we really want to do a caravan holiday with the kids (thinking we might buy one but would like to trial the idea first just in case we hate it haha) but even that’s not an option currently.

we’d be happy if we could go visit mil without restrictions. i currently check in on her as she’s on her own and a bit poorly, so i go under caregiving. but it would be nice to be able to go visit her as a family and not feel like we are breaking the law. she’s well outside of our 5km so we can’t even meet in a park for a picnic.

Comment

• We’ve booked an overseas (currently negotiating to be in a travel bubble) holiday for March, it is fully refundable if boarders aren’t open until day before departure and also 30 days prior for change of mind.

It was such a great deal and nothing to loose so we’ve booked.

Comment

• I guess I feel lucky that we don’t have any close family a long distance away, certainly not interstate. Our Christmas will be fairly normal this year as they are generally small anyway. I’ve done most of my shopping which is a weight off.
                  Would LOVE a holiday! Very fortunate to have squeezed in 2 international holidays at the beginning of the year.
                  Oh, actually, DH and I are going away for 2 nights... a whole 20 minutes away [emoji23]

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
                    enjoy your day of freedom!! even if it’s just an hour (or half an hour!) to sit on the couch and enjoy a hot cup of coffee or tea and just enjoy the silence. i’ve found true solitude is so rare during this time, take whatever you can get.

yeah i’m feeling very ambivalent about xmas. i find it an ordeal under normal circumstances, covid and lockdown have really drained my tank and when you’re in survival mode, it’s hard to get motivated and start thinking about the next thing.

it’s also going to be hard to feel festive if we can’t see family/leave the 5km radius. how can we be festive knowing mil is sitting in her crappy house, alone, probably depressed and sad? it seems like a farce.
                    I was actually super productive. Finished off and sent through a job application and did a mad purge/tidy around the house. Just walked around with 2 bags, 1 rubbish, 1 OP Shop trying to get rid of as much stuff as possible. I just haven't been able to do that with the kids around all the time. Or I do it and 6 new things fill the space I've cleared in a a matter of minutes!

Just taking a few quiet minutes now while the kids are nice and worn out from school!

Comment

yeah same. i’d be happy with a couple of nights down the coast! we really want to do a caravan holiday with the kids (thinking we might buy one but would like to trial the idea first just in case we hate it haha) but even that’s not an option currently.

we’d be happy if we could go visit mil without restrictions. i currently check in on her as she’s on her own and a bit poorly, so i go under caregiving. but it would be nice to be able to go visit her as a family and not feel like we are breaking the law. she’s well outside of our 5km so we can’t even meet in a park for a picnic.
                      My ten year old told me he would be happy to have a holiday at my inlaws, stay in their pool house and swim all day. They love in Watsonia, 20 minutes from us! What I would give for that.

Comment

• I think Tas will open their borders to Qld at the end of the month. Currently negotiating with my parents to come up for Christmas and take a good few weeks so they can time it with us moving house. They’ll be far more helpful than the in-laws [emoji51]. I know mum is desperate to get up here though and meet DS as soon as she can.

Comment

is anyone actually booking anything yet? is travel even allowed? i’ve been under the impression that, because it’s still all so uncertain, nobody is booking anything. or do you mean more like, you guys have decided that whatever happens (even if travel is permitted by then), you’ll stay home regardless? like you’ve made the decision just for the peace of mind and to not have to consider it down the track?
                          Yep, we've decided that no matter what, we won't be going. We would have been driving up, and staying with family half the time so wouldn't really need to book much. But it's just too hard to wonder the whatifs and try to see into the future. Exhausting

Comment

• I’m so angry. I’ve lost any sense of understanding I might have had for people who, through lack of understanding, did the wrong thing.
                            What’s going on in my area right now is the direct result of someone’s deception. We were so close to stepping into some sense of normality.
                            But 12 effing days it’s potentially been here before authorities were told the truth.
                            Small businesses closed, people lining up for hours to be tested to be turned away (not blaming the health system, they were overrun), and depending on the outcome of testing, our kids might be at home again before too long.
                            I just hope social distancing measures and masks have done their job for the most part.
                            But it shows it just takes one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
                              I’m so angry. I’ve lost any sense of understanding I might have had for people who, through lack of understanding, did the wrong thing.
                              What’s going on in my area right now is the direct result of someone’s deception. We were so close to stepping into some sense of normality.
                              But 12 effing days it’s potentially been here before authorities were told the truth.
                              Small businesses closed, people lining up for hours to be tested to be turned away (not blaming the health system, they were overrun), and depending on the outcome of testing, our kids might be at home again before too long.
                              I just hope social distancing measures and masks have done their job for the most part.
                              But it shows it just takes one.
                              it’s so frustrating isn’t it? we were reading about it yesterday just going fuuuuuck. i hope they lay criminal charges against this ar$ehat. honestly what a c0ck.

my mother’s group (well one or two) keep bashing dan and i’m just so sick of it. it’s n out dan’s fault, it’s the bloody ar$ewipes who can’t seem to do the right thing.

Comment

it’s so frustrating isn’t it? we were reading about it yesterday just going fuuuuuck. i hope they lay criminal charges against this ar$ehat. honestly what a c0ck.

my mother’s group (well one or two) keep bashing dan and i’m just so sick of it. it’s n out dan’s fault, it’s the bloody ar$ewipes who can’t seem to do the right thing.
                                Yup and I keep reading in media how he’s racked with guilt that his elderly father has now contracted it. What about everyone else? Ok so it’s in the media and designed to fuel emotions so I have to balance my reaction based on what I know of media.
                                But this town is terrified.
                                Testing stations were at capacity this morning by 9.30am. So people had to go home again.
                                Because of one... even if he didn’t know he was infectious, he sure as hell knew he had been here and chose not to disclose. That’s the bit that I’m upset about.
                                And I keep seeing people bash Dan too. The messaging was clear, but no govt can control the actions of people who choose not to do the right thing. The only control would be lock everyone up more. And I know how well that would go down!
                                But even then, essentials, like trucks would still be allowed in and out.

Comment

Working...
                                X