This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 (Coronavirus) chat #4

With click and collect, often when ordering online from big w, target, etc. some things are delivery only.

I bought something from Kmart online last week and I couldn’t click and collect. I assume because it wasn’t in stock at any stores near me. I do know it came from a regional store 2 hours away.

Comment

• Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
      I’ve always enjoyed it to but atm working in retail online is through the roof and it’s quite time consuming to pick pack and process orders. Xmas is going to suck balls we can already see it. We’ve been at capacity all week (366 people at a time) and massive lines ups when Xmas gets closer we would normally have 3 times that in store so get started now is my warning to everyone
      Thanks for the heads up. I think I should start ordering Christmas gifts now...just in case we end up in lockdown in December!

Comment

• For those who like/use the book depository for presents (I like the free shipping), orders to Australia may take 15-25 days to arrive because of COVID.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
          Thanks for the heads up. I think I should start ordering Christmas gifts now...just in case we end up in lockdown in December!
          I've tried to buy as much as I can early, not so much incase of lockdown, but more the potential supply chain issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stretched View Post
            It must be so frustrating. If I could click and collect I would (well outside 5km limit) or, normally I shop at a regional store as it's almost the same distance away as the outer suburban one. But alas, can't do that either! Both parts of the order were coming from different Melbourne stores, so I'm happy it's keeping someone in a job for now.

I do expect Christmas will be a shopping nightmare though!
            Orders can be filled from multiple stores if one doesn’t have everything. I read posts on fb about how people get the wrong item which I find my odd because when your picking you follow the orders sme scan them in if it’s incorrect it rejects it sane for when you pack them.

Comment

• just watching the harris and pence debate now. does pence actually answer any of the questions directly? so far he just responds by waffling on with something vaguely correlated to what has been asked. it’s painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
                Orders can be filled from multiple stores if one doesn’t have everything. I read posts on fb about how people get the wrong item which I find my odd because when your picking you follow the orders sme scan them in if it’s incorrect it rejects it sane for when you pack them.
                Our local FB has had a few of those posts, but they've all been Kmart orders.

Also, our local post office only has one of the parcel scanners but have had to start running 2 vans some days. So they scan everything on the other van before it leaves, so there are lots of "it says delivered 10am, but I don't have it" posts.

Got the 2nd half today (DS's runners for school - yay!) and am so impressed with the lead times compared to early in the pandemic. I'm pretty used to retailers splitting orders due to availability now, but amazed it's economically viable with all the separate postage.
                Last edited by Stretched; 09-10-2020, 18:30.

Comment

• I got a couple of orders from Kmart earlier in the year that had wrong items in them. A couple of track pants that were the wrong size and some tops that were both the wrong size and design (short sleeve instead of long sleeve). There was also items in there that were correct. 🤷‍♀️

Comment

• Originally posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
                    I got a couple of orders from Kmart earlier in the year that had wrong items in them. A couple of track pants that were the wrong size and some tops that were both the wrong size and design (short sleeve instead of long sleeve). There was also items in there that were correct. 🤷‍♀️
                    Yes! I ordered a heap of Easter eggs, and clothes... the clothes were fine, but Easter eggs way off!

Comment

• I have had Christmas sorted for the kids for a couple months now, dp is a postie and the last few months have been bad enough, I wasn’t risking not having stuff come in closer to Christmas. Living rurally I have no choice but to order online.
                      All that’s left to get is little stocking fillers which I will buy locally and am not in a hurry for.

Comment

Originally posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
                        I got a couple of orders from Kmart earlier in the year that had wrong items in them. A couple of track pants that were the wrong size and some tops that were both the wrong size and design (short sleeve instead of long sleeve). There was also items in there that were correct. 🤷‍♀️
                        I ordered underwear for dd, from best and less, girls size 14-16 boylegs, and got women’s size 22 curve boylegs!! [emoji23] like how do you actually get it that wrong. I found it rather funny but was still pretty annoyed.

Comment

i really don’t feel like thinking about xmas. it really just feels like another thing right now. at this stage, it just feels like it’ll be yet another day at home so it’s almost like what’s the point. so so $hit.

Comment

• [emoji4]
                            Last edited by shadowangel0205; 23-10-2020, 21:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
                              i really don’t feel like thinking about xmas. it really just feels like another thing right now. at this stage, it just feels like it’ll be yet another day at home so it’s almost like what’s the point. so so $hit.
                              Yeah I have been trying to push myself to think about it as I know there will be stock shortages and postage problems, but I'm having so much trouble forward thinking right now. We don't even know what we'll be 'allowed' to do next week, let alone in 2.5 months. I start to think about it and then fear creeps in that we may not even be able to catch up with family for Christmas and then the cycle of wallowing in the $hitness of it all sets in again.

At least I have both kids back at school today - pretty exciting!! Now to try not to waste the whole day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stretched View Post
                                Yeah I have been trying to push myself to think about it as I know there will be stock shortages and postage problems, but I'm having so much trouble forward thinking right now. We don't even know what we'll be 'allowed' to do next week, let alone in 2.5 months. I start to think about it and then fear creeps in that we may not even be able to catch up with family for Christmas and then the cycle of wallowing in the $hitness of it all sets in again.

At least I have both kids back at school today - pretty exciting!! Now to try not to waste the whole day!
                                enjoy your day of freedom!! even if it’s just an hour (or half an hour!) to sit on the couch and enjoy a hot cup of coffee or tea and just enjoy the silence. i’ve found true solitude is so rare during this time, take whatever you can get.

yeah i’m feeling very ambivalent about xmas. i find it an ordeal under normal circumstances, covid and lockdown have really drained my tank and when you’re in survival mode, it’s hard to get motivated and start thinking about the next thing.

it’s also going to be hard to feel festive if we can’t see family/leave the 5km radius. how can we be festive knowing mil is sitting in her crappy house, alone, probably depressed and sad? it seems like a farce.

Comment

Working...
                                X