Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) chat #4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    I agree. The posts are often ruminative.
    same.

    Comment


    • #47
      I agree with [MENTION=133828]babyno1onboard[/MENTION] that significant trauma is harmful. We have no idea what affect the pandemic will have on our children, and society, over the next few years and over the next few decades. It's certainly changed my perspective on life and values, probably for the better. But ds has been struggling and I worry about how prolonged remote learning is going to impact him on a social level. He has been having more nightmares, crying from loneliness, refusing to leave the house if we need to go out and every other day he will randomly screech/scream probably from boredom and frustration. None of this is because he is scared of getting the virus, but because the rug has been pulled out from beneath our social network (family, school etc). It's definitely a traumatic experience for a lot of people that could cause lasting damage.
      Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 05-08-2020, 14:20.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
        another day, another unhelpful reply from my sister. i let rip today. she denied being dismissive and said we just need to “dig deep”. then compared their choice to stay home to our current situation . i feel so angry.
        It's very easy to forget or ignore the reality when you're not living it.
        I'm sure her tune will change when it comes racing through her state. Which it will.

        Comment


        • #49
          I feel sorry for all victorians right now. The anguish from potentially being severely ill, coupled with financial constraints (and for some the complete dissolution of their livelihood) with very little in the way of emotional support, is a lot to contend with in such a short period. Add in pre-existing compounding factors and it's all just too much. We're only human after all.

          I decided last night that if I was in need of goods in the near future, I will be buying them from businesses based in VIC (some are still trading from warehouses for post only). If we're all in this together, then we need to show it, right? While it won't save the state, it's the least I could do.
          I am not an early bird or a night owl.
          I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
            It's very easy to forget or ignore the reality when you're not living it.
            I'm sure her tune will change when it comes racing through her state. Which it will.
            then it’ll be my turn to adopt the oh just suck it up and get through it approach. we did it, it’s not that bad [emoji849][emoji849]

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
              another day, another unhelpful reply from my sister. i let rip today. she denied being dismissive and said we just need to “dig deep”. then compared their choice to stay home to our current situation . i feel so angry.
              Gosh, I'm sorry. I think few people understand the difference between having something imposed on you and choosing to impose something on yourself. It's unlikely you'll get any empathy from her, even if it does come close to home. I would mute her messages until you are able to give yourself some time and the emotional space to process the changes. We're all here with you, TC. xx
              I am not an early bird or a night owl.
              I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
                then it’ll be my turn to adopt the oh just suck it up and get through it approach. we did it, it’s not that bad [emoji849][emoji849]
                And I hope she has real young kids at home as well!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
                  Gosh, I'm sorry. I think few people understand the difference between having something imposed on you and choosing to impose something on yourself. It's unlikely you'll get any empathy from her, even if it does come close to home. I would mute her messages until you are able to give yourself some time and the emotional space to process the changes. We're all here with you, TC. xx
                  thanks lovely.

                  it’s sad you can’t get empathy from your family. when i pulled her up she didn’t even take it on like oh gosh sorry. goes to me “i’m sorry you feel that way”. i’ll give her a wide berth and just stick to venting and discussing with those who able to be supportive xx

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Well I am in Brisbane (other side of the city from the outbreak) and the whole fam just got tested. DD had a temp, throat, snotty nose and was off food. DS started getting sick today too. DH feels off too. As at today, I am fine. But got tested anyway.

                    For anyone in North West Bris the fever clinic at PCH was fairly empty and it was an hour from driving into the car park to driving out.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Ugh. So annoyed.
                      Conversation with df.

                      Me: there's been another 3 cases here, closer contacts of the last 2/newest outbreak of **** and ****. (People we know, but haven't seen for ages)
                      Df: oh right, and how do YOU know?
                      Me: the hospital have announced it on Facebook
                      Df: they aren't going to tell you who!
                      Me: they didn't, but the CEO parts a daily update to Facebook about covid and local cases, if any, daily. Today there's been 3 more linked to the last ones.
                      Df: they don't tell you if they're linked. They wouldn't.
                      Me: they did. It says, 3 more, closer contacts of those from Sunday. Sunday was xxx and xxx.
                      Df: THEY WON'T TELL YOU WHO HAS IT
                      Me: they didn't! The hospital announced 2 from an unknown source Sunday and xxx and xxx posted publicly on their Facebook's they had just got confirmation. There was only 2 cases Sunday. So these 3 are closer contacts to them.
                      Df: the hospital isn't going to tell you who and who hasn't got it!
                      Me 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ whatever. Point being, there's now 5 in the NEW cluster.
                      Df: how do you know ies a NEW one?
                      Me: it's EVERYWHERE that the 2 aren't connected😭😭

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
                        Ugh. So annoyed.
                        Conversation with df.

                        Me: there's been another 3 cases here, closer contacts of the last 2/newest outbreak of **** and ****. (People we know, but haven't seen for ages)
                        Df: oh right, and how do YOU know?
                        Me: the hospital have announced it on Facebook
                        Df: they aren't going to tell you who!
                        Me: they didn't, but the CEO parts a daily update to Facebook about covid and local cases, if any, daily. Today there's been 3 more linked to the last ones.
                        Df: they don't tell you if they're linked. They wouldn't.
                        Me: they did. It says, 3 more, closer contacts of those from Sunday. Sunday was xxx and xxx.
                        Df: THEY WON'T TELL YOU WHO HAS IT
                        Me: they didn't! The hospital announced 2 from an unknown source Sunday and xxx and xxx posted publicly on their Facebook's they had just got confirmation. There was only 2 cases Sunday. So these 3 are closer contacts to them.
                        Df: the hospital isn't going to tell you who and who hasn't got it!
                        Me ������������������������������‍♀️������‍♀️������‍♀ ️ whatever. Point being, there's now 5 in the NEW cluster.
                        Df: how do you know ies a NEW one?
                        Me: it's EVERYWHERE that the 2 aren't connected������������
                        How painful.

                        What is his resistance to what you're saying?
                        I am not an early bird or a night owl.
                        I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
                          How painful.

                          What is his resistance to what you're saying?
                          No idea. 🤷‍♀️ maybe the fact that HE didn't get the info

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            My first foray into mask wearing at Woolies (respecting their request that customers and staff wear masks) was an epic fail.

                            First I forgot my mask at home. Thankfully the chemist next door to W had disposable masks available.

                            Then I couldn't work out which side of the mask was supposed to face in, and which out, and whether it even mattered. I took a punt but am still not convinced I didn't look like a complete d*ck wearing a mask inside out.

                            Then it occurred to me that dd2, who was in the carrier, might be weirded out by the mask, so I faced her out in the carrier. As it turns out, she wasn't weirded out, but instead found it hilarious, and spent the whole shopping trip trying to wriggle around and grab the mask. As a result, we both touched said mask multiple times and spent twice as long in W as we needed to 🤦‍♀️

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
                              Ugh. So annoyed.
                              Conversation with df.

                              Me: there's been another 3 cases here, closer contacts of the last 2/newest outbreak of **** and ****. (People we know, but haven't seen for ages)
                              Df: oh right, and how do YOU know?
                              Me: the hospital have announced it on Facebook
                              Df: they aren't going to tell you who!
                              Me: they didn't, but the CEO parts a daily update to Facebook about covid and local cases, if any, daily. Today there's been 3 more linked to the last ones.
                              Df: they don't tell you if they're linked. They wouldn't.
                              Me: they did. It says, 3 more, closer contacts of those from Sunday. Sunday was xxx and xxx.
                              Df: THEY WON'T TELL YOU WHO HAS IT
                              Me: they didn't! The hospital announced 2 from an unknown source Sunday and xxx and xxx posted publicly on their Facebook's they had just got confirmation. There was only 2 cases Sunday. So these 3 are closer contacts to them.
                              Df: the hospital isn't going to tell you who and who hasn't got it!
                              Me 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ whatever. Point being, there's now 5 in the NEW cluster.
                              Df: how do you know ies a NEW one?
                              Me: it's EVERYWHERE that the 2 aren't connected😭😭
                              You must be about an hour further along the SW coast than me. I saw the post you're talking about on the local paper's Facebook page. I hope the police tests are negative and that the cases start to stop showing up there soon, it must be quite concerning at the moment

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by TableDancer View Post
                                You must be about an hour further along the SW coast than me. I saw the post you're talking about on the local paper's Facebook page. I hope the police tests are negative and that the cases start to stop showing up there soon, it must be quite concerning at the moment
                                Yep, possibly! You've got the right area.

                                Me too it's just horrible at the moment.

                                I'm glad we're not in Melbourne with stage 4. It's certainly not "that" bad. But I'm scared enough. I know if mum or I get it, it'll be bad. And my youngest 2 have sensitive airways and are very susceptible to illnesses. Colds often take longer than others in the household to recover. Ds2 has had croup twice this year

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X