X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    just watching the harris and pence debate now. does pence actually answer any of the questions directly? so far he just responds by waffling on with something vaguely correlated to what has been asked. it’s painful.

Leave a comment:

• babybeeno1
    replied
    Originally posted by Stretched View Post
    It must be so frustrating. If I could click and collect I would (well outside 5km limit) or, normally I shop at a regional store as it's almost the same distance away as the outer suburban one. But alas, can't do that either! Both parts of the order were coming from different Melbourne stores, so I'm happy it's keeping someone in a job for now.

I do expect Christmas will be a shopping nightmare though!
    Orders can be filled from multiple stores if one doesn’t have everything. I read posts on fb about how people get the wrong item which I find my odd because when your picking you follow the orders sme scan them in if it’s incorrect it rejects it sane for when you pack them.

Leave a comment:

• atomicmama
    replied
    Originally posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I should start ordering Christmas gifts now...just in case we end up in lockdown in December!
    I've tried to buy as much as I can early, not so much incase of lockdown, but more the potential supply chain issues.

Leave a comment:

• AdornedWithCats
    replied
    For those who like/use the book depository for presents (I like the free shipping), orders to Australia may take 15-25 days to arrive because of COVID.

Leave a comment:

• AdornedWithCats
    replied
    Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I’ve always enjoyed it to but atm working in retail online is through the roof and it’s quite time consuming to pick pack and process orders. Xmas is going to suck balls we can already see it. We’ve been at capacity all week (366 people at a time) and massive lines ups when Xmas gets closer we would normally have 3 times that in store so get started now is my warning to everyone
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I should start ordering Christmas gifts now...just in case we end up in lockdown in December!

Leave a comment:

• BigRedV
    replied
    COVID-19 (Coronavirus) chat #4

With click and collect, often when ordering online from big w, target, etc. some things are delivery only.

I bought something from Kmart online last week and I couldn’t click and collect. I assume because it wasn’t in stock at any stores near me. I do know it came from a regional store 2 hours away.

Leave a comment:

• Stretched
    replied
    Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    But, I have no idea what to get anyone for Xmas. Usually I knock 60% over in the mid year toy sales, so am mostly done by now. This year I have NOTHING yet, for anyone - but worst of all, no ideas either.
    I don't know why this year has me so stumped for ideas. I usually have ideas for the cousins we hardly see anyhow etc, but not even that.

I don't want to get vouchers either. I got myself a bunch of Kmart vouchers with my credit card points at the start of the year- can't use them online! And the few times I went in store it was just empty shelves. DD asked for vouchers last Christmas too as her birthday/Christmas are together so she never gets given winter clothes. Again we're thankful they made it law that vouchers must last 2 years!

It is starting to stress me a little as I'd also usually have about 60% done by now. Given how crazy end of year is for teachers plus dealing with normal country postage delays, I just don't ever leave it til later.

Leave a comment:

• Stretched
    replied
    Where running from 6sm to 10am currently doing the orders which we are averaging 250 a day atm but the estimate is going to be at least 1000 a day per store, covid was 700/800 a day and it was a nightmare so the plan is to work it 24/7 round the clock. Once we’ve hit dispatch it’s up to couriers & aus post then. Worst bit is when someone orders 200 pieces of breakables it all has to be wrapped individually! I was given that not long ago. Took 8 hours to do the lot then there is weight limits on boxes, I think it’s 3 kilo for small ones. The worst and crushing part was the customer literally lived 4 streets from my store and in the store the day before looking at the items they put in order. [emoji24][emoji24]. We made a loss on it by the names you added up my wages and the cost of the free delivery courier as there was over 40 cartons
    It must be so frustrating. If I could click and collect I would (well outside 5km limit) or, normally I shop at a regional store as it's almost the same distance away as the outer suburban one. But alas, can't do that either! Both parts of the order were coming from different Melbourne stores, so I'm happy it's keeping someone in a job for now.

I do expect Christmas will be a shopping nightmare though!

Leave a comment:

• Mod-LIKE A BOSS
    replied
    I’ve been really impressed with deliveries recently too. David Jones has been the worst - stuff going from melb to Sydney to be delivered back to me in regional vic. But I also get that’s not their fault. I read an article about demand, numbers of people that can work in warehouses at any one time etc.
    but for the most part, anything I’m ordering now is turning up fast.

Leave a comment:

• MissTwiggley
    replied
    In the last month I've found that deliveries are faster than ever - One recent express post parcel from tassie was literally overnight. I'm less than 15km from the CBD so I suppose that helps somewhat, but in the early covid days I had Syd to Syd express take three days.

Leave a comment:

• BigRedV
    replied
    I found during restrictions that some shops were way better than others. I ordered from puma, rebel, big w, chemist warehouse, look fantastic, Skechers, best and less, catch of the day etc. and I found that some were so quick with delivery (look fantastic, Skechers, puma were a couple of days) and others took ages like chemist warehouse.

Leave a comment:

• babybeeno1
    replied
    Originally posted by Stretched View Post
    I've got to say, I placed an order with Big W and half of it arrived in just a couple of days - I was impressed! I'm out of metro as far as deliveries are concerned (but not lockdown rules) so am used to 1 week minimum for anything. I saw they're no longer using Aust Post, but their dispatch was super fast too.

I have started to chip away at Chrismas shopping, but it is so hard when you haven't seen people in months to know what size/what they're into now/what they already have heaps of/etc. Apart from a new bike for DS, I've got so few ideas for the kids either!
    Where running from 6sm to 10am currently doing the orders which we are averaging 250 a day atm but the estimate is going to be at least 1000 a day per store, covid was 700/800 a day and it was a nightmare so the plan is to work it 24/7 round the clock. Once we’ve hit dispatch it’s up to couriers & aus post then. Worst bit is when someone orders 200 pieces of breakables it all has to be wrapped individually! I was given that not long ago. Took 8 hours to do the lot then there is weight limits on boxes, I think it’s 3 kilo for small ones. The worst and crushing part was the customer literally lived 4 streets from my store and in the store the day before looking at the items they put in order. [emoji24][emoji24]. We made a loss on it by the names you added up my wages and the cost of the free delivery courier as there was over 40 cartons

Leave a comment:

• EnchantedGrace
    replied
    [emoji16]
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 23-10-2020, 21:59.

Leave a comment:

• Stretched
    replied
    I’ve always enjoyed it to but atm working in retail online is through the roof and it’s quite time consuming to pick pack and process orders. Xmas is going to suck balls we can already see it. We’ve been at capacity all week (366 people at a time) and massive lines ups when Xmas gets closer we would normally have 3 times that in store so get started now is my warning to everyone
    I've got to say, I placed an order with Big W and half of it arrived in just a couple of days - I was impressed! I'm out of metro as far as deliveries are concerned (but not lockdown rules) so am used to 1 week minimum for anything. I saw they're no longer using Aust Post, but their dispatch was super fast too.

I have started to chip away at Chrismas shopping, but it is so hard when you haven't seen people in months to know what size/what they're into now/what they already have heaps of/etc. Apart from a new bike for DS, I've got so few ideas for the kids either!

Leave a comment:

• babybeeno1
    replied
    Originally posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    I love online shopping but still, I would give just about anything for an hour shopping, alone!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X