X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    [MENTION=41529]hakuna matata[/MENTION]

i just saw a couple of schools in geelong have closed!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
    Yes one down the road from where I work, the other down the road from where I live [emoji85] looks like I’ll be joining you in lockdown soon [emoji24]

Comment

• Originally posted by hakuna matata View Post
      Yes one down the road from where I work, the other down the road from where I live [emoji85] looks like I’ll be joining you in lockdown soon [emoji24]
      oh balls [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Comment

• Originally posted by hakuna matata View Post
        Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
        oh balls [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]
        I don’t envy you guys atm with lock down especially if kindy and schools close. Friends in the uk did 17 weeks of working from home and home schooling same for my sister is the UK. They are completely spent atm from it all

Comment

• Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
          I don’t envy you guys atm with lock down especially if kindy and schools close. Friends in the uk did 17 weeks of working from home and home schooling same for my sister is the UK. They are completely spent atm from it all
          can only imagine. we aren’t at the homeschooling stage yet, missing out by a bee’s ****, but i can only imagine how bloody exhausting it must be.

i just can’t get my head around it. if ds was prep this year and we had to homeschool, i
          guess dh and i would have to share the load and try to catch up on work hours after kids go to bed. but what are you supposed to do with toddler dd while you homeschool and the other partner is working? she’s a hurricane right now, there’s just no way one parent could devote enough mental energy to homeschooling then older child and ensuring the toddler doesn’t burn the house down while nobody is looking.

hats off to your friends who managed it in the UK.

Comment

• Hopefully we stay open, but it’s not looking good. Last time kindy stayed open but I didn’t send DD. Not sure what I’ll do this time.

Comment

can only imagine. we aren’t at the homeschooling stage yet, missing out by a bee’s ****, but i can only imagine how bloody exhausting it must be.

i just can’t get my head around it. if ds was prep this year and we had to homeschool, i
              guess dh and i would have to share the load and try to catch up on work hours after kids go to bed. but what are you supposed to do with toddler dd while you homeschool and the other partner is working? she’s a hurricane right now, there’s just no way one parent could devote enough mental energy to homeschooling then older child and ensuring the toddler doesn’t burn the house down while nobody is looking.

This was my drama!! Ds1 requires SOOO much 1:1 to maintain his focus during homeschool, + ds2 and ds3. I was thankful my mum was with us, because she stepped up and helped and got df off his @$$ to help too, so they'd basicallydo the younger 2 while I played teacher, and on tasks I could leave ds1 I'd go have contact with ds3 (11-12 months) so he just wanted to be held/cuddled.

I honestly would've had a breakdown if I had to do it all myself, plus maintain a house too. I just couldn't have done it...

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
                This was my drama!! Ds1 requires SOOO much 1:1 to maintain his focus during homeschool, + ds2 and ds3. I was thankful my mum was with us, because she stepped up and helped and got df off his @$$ to help too, so they'd basicallydo the younger 2 while I played teacher, and on tasks I could leave ds1 I'd go have contact with ds3 (11-12 months) so he just wanted to be held/cuddled.

I honestly would've had a breakdown if I had to do it all myself, plus maintain a house too. I just couldn't have done it...
                i can’t imagine. and no it can’t be done by one person. there’s a reason our kids go to school, it’s because it’s physically impossible to be all those roles when you’re one person. nobody can be parent, teacher, domestic boss, etc.

Comment

• I’m lucky, ds is grade 5 and was mostly self sufficient. I can’t speak of the quality of his work, but he was competing the tasks at least.
                  Dd spent way too much time on the iPad some days if I had to work, but we managed. I was grateful for the stages my kids are at.

Comment

Haha I had a preppie, one in year 3 and a 2 year old! If we go back to homeschooling I’ll also soon have a newborn 🤪

It was hard work, even though a lot was drawing pictures my preppie needed constant reminders about what she was meant to be doing and my 8 year old was the same but with writing and we butter heads a lot. I feel like we did manage just ok in the end and completed the majority of the work but I’m certainly not cut out to homeschool or as you say be all those roles at once. My house was a total war zone by the end with no time to focus on any of it. And my 2.5 year old now wants to be with me all the time and follows me everywhere I go cause she is missing the interaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post

I was having to do it all on my own (dh was working outside of the home) with year 3, year 1 and a cyclone 2 year old. I pretty well gave up on trying with dd2 as she needed constant oversight or she would stop working, and dd3 needs full attention all day or she's hanging off the ceiling doing something dangerous. I think I ended up in tears every day.

The prospect of schools closing again is a little less daunting for me now as they would still have to go to school 3 days a week so I can work. Kinda thankful I'm working now [emoji28]

Comment

• Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
                        I was having to do it all on my own (dh was working outside of the home) with year 3, year 1 and a cyclone 2 year old. I pretty well gave up on trying with dd2 as she needed constant oversight or she would stop working, and dd3 needs full attention all day or she's hanging off the ceiling doing something dangerous. I think I ended up in tears every day.

The prospect of schools closing again is a little less daunting for me now as they would still have to go to school 3 days a week so I can work. Kinda thankful I'm working now [emoji28]
                        I can't begin to imagine how tough that was! I think the tears would've been shed by anyone in that situation

Comment

• Someone at DH's work got a call from contact tracers today, telling him that he was potentially exposed last week and asking him to isolate. I feel like following DH around with a can of glen20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalina View Post
                            Someone at DH's work got a call from contact tracers today, telling him that he was potentially exposed last week and asking him to isolate. I feel like following DH around with a can of glen20.
                            Yikes. Too close to home for comfort!

My DH is in South America at the moment. Not sure I’m going to let him back in the house for a month after he gets back, might get the locks temporarily changed [emoji23]

Comment

• Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
                              Yikes. Too close to home for comfort!

My DH is in South America at the moment. Not sure I’m going to let him back in the house for a month after he gets back, might get the locks temporarily changed [emoji23]
                              Sorry honey, the doors seem to be jammed....yes, all of them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalina View Post
                                Sorry honey, the doors seem to be jammed....yes, all of them...
                                And there's just something up, the locksmiths are all booked... but there's a tent pitched in the backyard and a shovel next to it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X