This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green Cheese View Post
    So for our teacher members, I just had a chat with our foundation teacher and she told me they are struggling with the right balance of work to share because of their 54 foundation students across three classes 40 of those have opted for hard copy and not online learning. They have to provide the same work to both so they can’t send through YouTube videos or songs etc to those learning online. Hopefully some of those will change as they maybe access the system and see how it is set up but I really feel for the teachers on the challenge to set work like that.

We are very fortunate in the ACT, schools provided devices to all 4-6 students by the end of the first 'pupil free' week. Most schools had enough to provide devices to grade 3 as well.

Only one of my students out of a class of 19 doesn't have a device/internet access at home and the education directorate is aiming to ensure all students have a device in time for Term 2.

Our school has been informed at that teachers are unable to supply hard copy work at this point as they want teachers focusing on switching our program to online content.

Comment

Yes, our school (ACT) provided devices for kids in years 3-6. Then they contacted every family to ask whether children have access to devices and internet. The email we got about term 2 said that any child in the school, from preschool to year 6, who doesn't have a device to use and adequate internet would be provided with both. I thought that was really excellent.

Comment

China just recorded 1290 new deaths. I wonder what's going on here.
        I am not an early bird or a night owl.
        I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

It was a backdated adjustment. They also adjusted case numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
            It was a backdated adjustment. They also adjusted case numbers.
            Thank you. That did cross my mind but I wanted to confirm.
            I am not an early bird or a night owl.
            I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
              China just recorded 1290 new deaths. I wonder what's going on here.
              They aren’t new deaths, they just went back to the old records and added people who died a while ago

Comment

Originally posted by ICanDream View Post
                Are you in Vic?
                Yes

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
                  They aren’t new deaths, they just went back to the old records and added people who died a while ago
                  They most likely need to add a couple more 0 onto that tally

Comment

Originally posted by Stretched View Post
                    Yes
                    It’s strange, I don’t know that people like the divisiveness but rather glad that Andrews taking a firm and I would say clear stance for Victorians. I don’t generally like Andrews so I struggle to say that

Comment

Is anyone else feeling worried that someone vulnerable and dear to them is likely to pass away during this time where funerals will be restricted to just a few people?

My boss is 80 and has been in isolation at home for weeks, but his health is declining (physically & mentally) and I feel so sad that he could pass away before I get to see him again and that I won’t be able to be at his funeral.

He’s been like a second father to me [emoji22]

Comment

Originally posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
                        Is anyone else feeling worried that someone vulnerable and dear to them is likely to pass away during this time where funerals will be restricted to just a few people?

My boss is 80 and has been in isolation at home for weeks, but his health is declining (physically & mentally) and I feel so sad that he could pass away before I get to see him again and that I won’t be able to be at his funeral.

Not personaly but a dear friend lost her elderly mother 2 weeks ago. It was horrible. This lady had 4 children, 10+ grandkids and was very well know and loved within her community.

My friend said she’s never felt so lost, it meant she couldn’t sit with her dad and siblings and “remember” her mum. She has been very deeply effected by it.

Comment

Yes, my Uncle passed away this week. The funeral was today. So heartbroken for my mum that she couldn’t attend. She wants to be with her sister at this time, but can’t be there. They will have a memorial that we will go to, but it’s not the same as being there when they need us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
                            Yes, my Uncle passed away this week. The funeral was today. So heartbroken for my mum that she couldn’t attend. She wants to be with her sister at this time, but can’t be there. They will have a memorial that we will go to, but it’s not the same as being there when they need us.
                            I’m sorry to hear this hon, it’s just heartbreaking.

Comment

Absolutely. My friends Nanna died recently and she was unable to attend the funeral because of the restrictions. Initially they were going to be allowed to go to a viewing at the funeral home, but even that was stopped. So she never got to say her final goodbyes. Last saw her a few weeks back before the state government clamped down on “unnecessary travel”.

A work colleague lost her daughter too. No one was allowed to attend the funeral apart from immediate family. So many of us would have gone to support her had we been allowed.

For me, I have one remaining grandparent. My 91yo Nanna. She lives interstate and is currently at my uncles place anyway. I would be devastated if she died during all of this because she is the one I’m closest to out of all my grandparents. I have also been to the funerals of all 3 of my other grandparents, so missing this one would really upset me.

Also, none of my family (apart from DH and DD) live in Brisbane. If anyone died, I’d not be able to go to funerals. Folks and sister are in Tassie and from what mum and dad have said, the airport is basically closed and there are no flights coming in or out since they closed their borders except for essential workers.

Comment

My dad. He is 78. Only has 1 lung that works properly and the other one is crap. It will be devastating either way and hardest for my sister as I know she won’t be able to get flights to come home from ny

Comment

Working...
                                X