Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you please take me off your call list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you please take me off your call list?

Regarding Telemarketers, survey people etc.

OMG, i read this helpful tip on the hub a couple of weeks ago but cant find it now. To whoever posted it - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I was receiving 6 or 7 telemarketer calls a day and after two weeks, i hardly get any! I just say, the above, they keep trying to talk. I say the exact same thing and they DONT CALL BACK!

I am slowly stopping cringing every time i see a private number or interstate number come up on my phone.

once again, THANK YOU!

What was the tip?

Comment

That when you get a call from telemarketer, just say Can you please take me off your call list. Only say that, nothing else, and repeat if they try and ignore you. IT WORKS!

Comment

I did this with charities. I told them I dont donate over the phone or postal and to tske me off their list and they are finally leaving me alone

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by siesmum View Post
          I did this with charities. I told them I dont donate over the phone or postal and to tske me off their list and they are finally leaving me alone

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
          I am doing it with everyone who calls that i dont want them. It is fantastic!

Comment

Anyone have a solution for my problem? We have a number which is similar to a dr's surgery in our area. We get at least 3-4 calls a day requesting appointments. I have looked in the local phone book and online and no where is our number listed as the surgery number. Our number would be eg 91233456 and theirs 91234456. It has been happening for years! I'm not exaggerating the number of calls either.
            Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 07-04-2014, 15:13.

Comment

I put our number on the do not call register and the telemarketing calls have significantly reduced. We were getting them every hour. It was driving me bonkers!

Comment

Nope, i wish i though. The land line we had must of been a fax number in its past life. We use to get 4 or 5 faxes a day (and night) It drove me so nuts that i unplugged the phone and we only use mobile!

Comment

Does it work for those 'microsoft' scammers though? I was on the Do Not Call register but would still get calls from them. I got a silent number last time I moved I was so over it.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by dee1 View Post
                    I put our number on the do not call register and the telemarketing calls have significantly reduced. We were getting them every hour. It was driving me bonkers!
                    I did that too, it reduced a little but not much. I am amazed by how quickly and effectively this is working though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stretched View Post
                      Does it work for those 'microsoft' scammers though? I was on the Do Not Call register but would still get calls from them. I got a silent number last time I moved I was so over it.

Im not sure. I have had one call from someone like that last week. I havent had another call though. Hopefully they stay away!

Comment

Originally posted by Stretched View Post

No. They still call even after asking them and telling them to take you off their list and even after telling them you don't have a computer.

I let them do their big talk and instructions on accessing my database then remind them I don't have a computer. Before you know it.. beep...beep...beep...

Comment

Originally posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
                          No. They still call even after asking them and telling them to take you off their list and even after telling them you don't have a computer.

I let them do their big talk and instructions on accessing my database then remind them I don't have a computer. Before you know it.. beep...beep...beep...
                          Bugger!

Comment

I think the dnc registry only works for Australian based companies. Anything outside Australia don't need to comply. Will try and back that up. Brb

Eta: the computer one, while a well known scam, is theoretically offering fault finding which is exempt from the register.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/faqs.cfm#a17
                            Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 07-04-2014, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
                              Anyone have a solution for my problem? We have a number which is similar to a dr's surgery in our area. We get at least 3-4 calls a day requesting appointments. I have looked in the local phone book and online and no where is our number listed as the surgery number. Our number would be eg 91233456 and theirs 91234456. It has been happening for years! I'm not exaggerating the number of calls either.
                              Ask the people who are calling the name of the surgery they are trying to get in contact with?

Comment

Working...
                              X