Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *spinoff* affordable family holidays?

So another thread got me thinking...

What are some ways you plan for affordable family holidays?

I joined the Australian Escapes travel club just recently and I'm so happy with it. I went on a 5 day holiday with DH down to the Gold Coast for $350 in a self-contained unit.

We can ALL (all 7 of us!) go for 5 nights on the Gold Coast (Currumbin Sands on the Beach... surf on one side, lagoon and kids park on other) for just over $500 in a self-contained unit. ... that seems like a pretty reasonably priced family holiday to me ... and being self contained, I'd be buying my own groceries, which I would be doing here at home anyway.

So what are some places or ways that you have managed to organise or are planning on for an affordable family holiday?

Destinations?
    Tips and tricks?

Let's share.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 30-06-2012, 21:59.

We went away in March this year. We have preschool aged children so no problem going during school term. We stayed in Seal Rocks in NSW, in a cabin in a camping ground from Monday-Friday. The bathrooms were shared, but it was so quiet that we saw barely anybody and they were very clean. It is quite isolated, so we enjoyed the beach and the bush walks, and ate BBQ for most meals which we cooked at the camp ground. We were often the only people at the beach, but the water was still warm enough fr swimming. Best holiday ever!

Comment

Driving holidays in self-contained apartments/cottages. We are a family of 5 soon to be 6 and have just bought a camper trailer because driving and camping is so much more affordable than anywhere you fly to.

Comment

Working...
      X