joe hockey-girl almost raped: put it in perspective people. WHAT? OMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joe hockey-girl almost raped: put it in perspective people. WHAT? OMG

yes on the girl who was abducted and almost raped..
    he says "it happens all over the world, it could happen here.. put in all in perspective people"

the guy was caught in the act of trying to rape her the news said.
    what the?
    put it in perspective?
    huh?

yes he said exactly that. i saw it on seven morning news 5 min ago.
    I'm in WA

gobsmacked

Comment

I just seen that too :/

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Comment

Originally posted by lw1981 View Post
        yes on the girl who was abducted and almost raped..
        he says "it happens all over the world, it could happen here.. put in all in perspective people"

the guy was caught in the act of trying to rape her the news said.
        what the?
        put it in perspective?
        huh?
        Does he mean.. it can happen anywhere? Like we are not immune?
        God I hope so...

Comment

Originally posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
          Does he mean.. it can happen anywhere? Like we are not immune?
          God I hope so...
          I hope that is what he means... I read it another way though

Comment

What girl is he talking about? Does anyone have a link to the story?

Comment

I'm too busy to read the article, I have to find my baby a daddy according to Joe.

Comment

What he mean't was "Don't boycott Bali, this happens everywhere." He was not downplaying the incident AT ALL. Give the poor guy a break. It is very hard to comment on topics off the top of your head on live television. I think some posters are being too sensitive

Comment

i searched every where. cant find a link.
                  he said it like geez get over it ETA: at least thats how I saw his facial expression

its about a 9 yo aust girl abducted in bali by a 33 yo who was caught trying to rape her
                  my god as a politician you would think he would know better than to say that

Comment

It would not surprise me. This is a man who constantly repeated soundbites in the last election relating to Paris Hiltons s3xuality and thought he was funny. It terrifies me that two men with such 1950s attitudes towards women could be running our country with in the next year or two.

Comment

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/smartphon...spx?id=8483779

Ok now I know what your talking about yes it does sound like he means don't hate bali because of it. It could have happened in Australia.

Poor girl and her family what a horrible frightening experience

I hope he also condemned what happened and showed sympathy?
                      Last edited by austmum; 15-06-2012, 14:10.

Comment

Horrible incident that happened. Absolutely awful. I felt sick in my stomach when I heard about it.

But as for Joe Hockey's comments - it was very clearly a 'don't take it out on Indonesia and Bali - it could unfortunately happen anywhere' kind of comment.

Comment

i think the key words are "put it in perspective" and "9yo girl abducted and almost raped". if he'd of just said dont let it put you off going there, and left it at that, thats different. you cant in any way shape or form put a girl being abducted and almost raped in perspective, even if it is to encourage people not to boycott the country.

Comment

Working...
                          X