Leapster learning pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leapster learning pad

Hi, who's child has a learning pad? are they any good? Do they keep your LO entertained in the car? are the other leapsters just as good? im looking at getting one for DS next week for his birthday How much do they cost?

TIA.

We've got the older My First LeapPad, the kids love it, and you can buy cartridges and books for it second hand off eBay.
    I also got DS1 a Leapster L-Max at the op shop, i paid $8.00 for it. The cartridges for this are also available on eBay. The cartridge i bought for him cost more than the L-Max!

Comment

Sorry, i just saw his birthday is next week so i guess online is out for you.
      I do think the Leap Pad products are good though

Comment

We got DS a Leap Pad for Xmas and he loves it. We got ours from Amazon $99 plus about $12 freight from memory. I can't find them anywhere cheaper here but on the downside I don't have a warranty as it's purchased from OS.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, does anyone know the price of them in store? $99 is a great price!

Comment

I think they are around $169 in store

Comment

Originally posted by Mummabearto2 View Post
              We got DS a Leap Pad for Xmas and he loves it. We got ours from Amazon $99 plus about $12 freight from memory. I can't find them anywhere cheaper here but on the downside I don't have a warranty as it's purchased from OS.
              I also got my little one the leap pad explorer at this price from Amazon and it's awesome...she loves it. We tried to buy one from amazon for my niece though a few weeks ago a d they are no longer that price. Cheapest I could get it was $169 from big w.

Comment

Just be careful with it if it has an accent. I am a teacher and some children pick up on the accent and pronounce sounds and words with that accent. To the extreme I had one little boy with a fully blown American accent and his parents where australian. His speech therapist put it down to watching too much Nikelonian (spelling) and computer games that were educational but had the accent. I just wouldn't over use it

Comment

Working...
                X