Sahm's are you fulfilled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sahm's are you fulfilled?

or do you need more? What are your plans for when your kids start school?

Ooh I'd like to hear some responses :-) I wish every day that I could be a SAHM but alas, we cannot afford it :-(

Comment

noooo far from, it's just not what I was meant for. I love being a mum, but I need to do something for myself. I know what I want to do, it is just a matter of when, at the moment it is easier for me to be a SAHM, and with another baby on the way it just isn't the right time. DS1 will start school next year and I think once I have had the chance to have some time with the new baby I will got back to study, possibly start of 2014, would love for it to be earlier but I don't mind putting my life on hold for my babies, I just couldn't do it forever, no way, no how.

Comment

I am very happy as a SAHM and I didn't think I would be. I was due to return to work when DS1 was 13mo but couldn't bear to leave him so we decided to have another
        I still cried when I sent in my resignation tho!

DS1 is now in fulltime school and DS2 will be in kindy next year so I will probably go back to work then. I don't plan on ever working fulltime again. Apart from a health/pain issue, I couldn't keep up with my laundry and cooking lol

Comment

It depends how you define fulfilled. Intellectually, no. I gave up a career where I constantly used my mind on a professional level to cleaning spew and washing dishes lol

Do I regret making the choice? hell no. They are small for such a short time, and while I don't judge those that put small kids into DC it wasn't something DH and I wanted for our kids. I feel fulfilled that I have watched my children grow, that I lovingly make their dinner, that I'm very active with their school.

There are days when I think OMG I want to go back to work, but truly being home for *me* has been the best choice

Comment

I have been a SAHM since having DS1, who just turned 7. I do feel fullfilled....somedays i do get bored of the same old same old, but this is what i really want to be doing for now.

I have always wanted to stay at home with my kids, until they are all in fulltime school, which is 4 years away now. I am starting to think of what i want to do with myself once they are all in school but i have NFI at all!!! Somedays i think id love to do nursing or midwifery....some days i think i would LOVE to do teaching.....all my ideas involve study for a few years, so i had better get my butt into gear soon so i can be all ready to go once DS3 is in school.
            Then, whatever i do, i dont want to be working thru school holidays, so i dont know how i will get around that one

Comment

I love being a Sahm, I've got a few friends who barely manage and both work...
              I'm great full that I'm able to give my kids the best start and be there for them my girls have been in day care and would never do it again.... I've worked in child care and seen 1st hand what really goes on...
              Once the girls are in school I will go back to work, back to doin what I was doing which is great cause I can work 830 til 2

Comment

Sometimes, mostly, yes, no. It depends when you ask me! DD is at school full time, DS1 2.5 days a week and I have fancy pants - when he's at school, yes I would like to go back to work part time. Long term, I'd love to own a little shop that sold preserves, cakes, biscuits and my photos....that's my dream lol

Comment

Yes I do feel fulfilled, but in saying that I am doing my cert 3 in education support this year so I will be a teacher aide and really that's for me, to keep my mind active

Comment

DD1 is off to school next year, but despite still having 2 others at home, I'm planning on doing some study to upgrade my qualifications with the view to doing some part-time work over the next few years.
                    I feel like my brain is mush at the moment, when I would usually consider myself a fairly intelligent person. Last year I did some work from home and it was crazy being pregnant with 2 toddlers to juggle, but it was great to dust off the cobwebs and use my mind.

Comment

Yes and no. Dd is at school during the week and it gets soooo lonely just me home. Plus I'm clucky so that does not help

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app so excuse the spelling

Comment

Yes I do. This all I ever wanted to do. My kids at school benefit from me being at home too.

Comment

not 100 percent, i think if i had a licence and friends i would be, some times i crave a change in routine or to get out of the house which is very limited due to bus times

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Comment

Yes. I love it. I have always gone out quite a lot though, meeting up with friends and family, swimming lessons, dancing lessons, that type of thing. DD1 is in school now, but DD2 is still home.

At the moment I am also doing a course, writing a novel (will probably never finish it but ) and I do yoga once a week.

Comment

Yes and No, I would like to do birth work but it's just not practical with hubby doing fifo and no family support apart from that I have very little interest in working. I am considering doing a lactation consultant course as I think that would fit in with my family more.

I think I would be happier at home if I had more adult interactions, I'm working on that

When DD is in school I am hoping to be doing something outside the home, depends if DF is still fifo.

Comment

Working...
                              X