For those who's husbands/wives/partners wear a work uniform everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who's husbands/wives/partners wear a work uniform everyday

For those whose significant other wears a compulsory work uniform everyday. Do you (or they) get embarassed when they're wearing it/seen in public with it on?

I ask this because, I don't, I get a little proud when my DH wears his and on the odd occasion he has been wearing it with me in public, it doesn't embarass or worry me in the slightest. I know he gets a little embarassed and would rather not have all eyes on him, but all in all, it's not an issue.

However, today when I was dropping off my child to their first day of School, a few of the fathers were there in their respective uniforms (Defence and Police) and I overheard these women saying things along the lines of, 'oh my God, I would hate for my husband to rock up wearing his uniform, so embarassing' and comments along those lines.

I'll be honest, it took me aback a little, as I thought it was rather lovely to see so many Dads seeing their little ones off on their very first day of school.

So it has got me wondering, is it embarassing (in public) or is it something you're proud of and happy to be seen along side of?

My Dh works in Explosives delivery for the mines his uniform is FLURO orange with reflective tape pants and shirt, and he will wear one shirt till it is full of holes before he opens a new one.... i do get a bit embarrased but mostly i find it funny that he is a fluro Oompah Loompah

Comment

Originally posted by hoping28 View Post
      My Dh works in Explosives delivery for the mines his uniform is FLURO orange with reflective tape pants and shirt, and he will wear one shirt till it is full of holes before he opens a new one.... i do get a bit embarrased but mostly i find it funny that he is a fluro Oompah Loompah
      This hehe, lucky hubby never wears his uniform at home, it stays at work! But no, I wouldn't look down on someone who is wearing their work uniform, that's just so silly!

Took the red pill.

Comment

Fluro Oompah Loompah, that's a classic!

Comment

I'd be proud, but he is not allowed to wear his uniform in public, and has to either dress at work, or cover his top with another for the travel to and from work.

Comment

He does, I don't care.

I can understand why he does though, it's not an ugly uniform but he hates where he works.

I don't really see what is embarassing about a Police or Defence uniform, maybe if his occupation was a male stripper or something?

Comment

deleted
              Last edited by rainbow road; 06-02-2012, 18:28.

Comment

No, its a light blue business shirt.

What annoys me is that it has his name plastered on it.

Comment

My husband only wears his work uniform at the minesite, it never comes home. But I think they are fine, I like seeing Dads in their work clothes bringing kids to school etc

Comment

I get embarrassed. But it's not a uniform, it's something he isn't meant to wear outside of work but he does sometimes to and from if he is exhausted and can't be bothered changing in or out of it.

I don't think it's bad that other fathers wear any sort of work uniform out though?? What strange comments to make. I would just think it's nice like you did OP.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleTime View Post
                      No, its a light blue business shirt.

What annoys me is that it has his name plastered on it.
                      My husband is exactly the same

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Comment

No not at all. DF works in the mines and wears the fluro orange shirt with reflector strips and navy blue pants with the same strips, doesn't worry me! I used to get embarrassed going anywhere in mine when I was a Macca's Manager as people would mention something work related to me. "I'm not currently at work so I couldn't care less sorry!"

Comment

I get embarrassed when DH wears his Studs Afloat uniform down to the shops...

Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by Uniquey View Post
                            ...a few of the fathers were there in their respective uniforms (Defence and Police) and I overheard these women saying things along the lines of, 'oh my God, I would hate for my husband to rock up wearing his uniform, so embarassing' and comments along those lines.
                            I'm just as confused as you! When did the general view shift from "I love a man in uniform" to "oh how embarrassing!" ??

My hubby is a mechanic and while he is always quick to change after work, i wouldn't mind at all if he left his greasy workshop shirt on for a while

I myself just wish i actually had a job. Uniform or not.

Sent by carrier pigeon.

Comment

DHs doesn't have a uniform but when he goes to an event he has to wear his work logo (tv station) I don't get embarrassed neither does DH. But he HATES going out with it because he gets heaps of weirdos confront him about tv programs and just random crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X