Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your experience with haircuts at "Just Cuts" or similar salons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your experience with haircuts at "Just Cuts" or similar salons?

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to choosing a hairdresser, but I really need to save my money so I was thinking about trying out one of those cheaper hair salons where you don't actually book, you just turn up and it's cheaper. The last time I really loved a haircut was a few years ago when I had my hair cut at an expensive salon which cost $70 for a wash cut and blow dry. Was hoping to spend a bit less than that

Just curious to know what your experience is with the cheaper places, are they any good? I know hair grows back but I freak out at the thought of a bad haircut (I have long hair and like a particular 'look').

I find them fine for my hair, but when i got ds's lovely locks chopped it looked HORRIBLE

Comment

My ex used to get his hair done there and it always looked like crap, it was uneven and weird. Maybe ring around and see prices, I could get a wash and a cut at a place called Christiannes for $35

Comment

DP went to them not long ago, they did a really thorough job, DP was happy.

Comment

I hated my experience with Just Cuts, it was awful they massacred my hair

Comment

Same here, fine for me but they always destroy my sons hair, he is 3, with thick blonde hair and he always ends up looking ridiculous after 2 weeks when it starts to grow out as he has a triple crown and they can't seem to cut it properly.

Comment

Why don't you try a salon but ask for a 3rd or 4th year? Sometimes the salon will let advanced apprentices on the floor who are confident but sometimes need a bit of extra time or may need to still ask a senior a few questions during a consultation. Or shop around and see if you can just find a cheaper salon in the suburbs for instance. I'd stay away from just cuts, they get paid to pump clients in and out and don't do the finishing touches. If your fussy, I'd be careful...

Comment

I walked into UR Next in Cranbourne Centro last weekend and got my long hair cut up to my shoulders with some layers and it was one of the best haircuts I have had done in quite a while. It cost me $42 for wash with massage, cut and blow dry.
                If you are interested in going there then message me and I'll give you the hairdresser's details so you can try and get the same girl (as I know that you are sometimes in that area, well sort of )

Comment

Mines been really positive. Only a couple of hair tragedies - though I've had a couple of disapointing hair cuts paying $60-$80 for it.

I had a great cut recently from a just cuts type place, it was fab.

But I don't really like the long drawn out process of a proper salon, I dont have the time or money, so I find myself anxious getting my hair done, so I largely prefer the snip snip snip, no blow dry etc.

But I have long hair and like it a bit layered, and I then tend to leave it in a pony tail or nun 99% Of the time.

Comment

My sister in law used to manage there. They don't hire experienced hairdressers and don't train them like a normal salon would, they're taught to cut quick and do alot of mens and kids but not so much ladies 'style' cuts (at the one she worked at anyway). You get what you pay for imo. I go to the same hairdresser I've been going to for years, she does it in her house now and so she's much much cheaper than what she had to charge at the salon.
                    Maybe look in the paper for a home hairdresser or word of mouth?

Comment

I've found it variable, but mostly OK if all you want is a trim. I do have basically a long bob though so there's not a lot of skill required. Though I ask for a bit of grading aorund my face and gentle layering of the end so that it sits well....I've had a few interesting interprtations of this from bugga all shaping to lots of layering. I do frind it frustrating that even if you prefer a particular hairdresser at a salon they get crabby and say you need to take the next one available...even if you offer to let the person ahead of you got next and wait.

Comment

I just noticed your in Melbourne, if your in the western suburbs I can give you the number of mine? She charges $50 flat rate for cuts and colour (so 100 for both which I think is pretty cheap) and she's excellent.

Comment

you have to shop around. i have found a brilliant, cheap place that do my #2 and leave the ratty without any raised eyebrows, no appt nec unless they're super busy and they have very reasonable prices.
                          they exist.. you just have to find one

Comment

I got my best haircut ever at Justcuts. However there are so many staff members there that it's pretty impossible to get the same person, so I've never managed to have that great haircut again. But overall they're ok.

Comment

oooooh another thought. have you got a school of hairdressing close by? really cheap, very well teacher-supervised. have to book for that i think but so worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X