Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 weeks preg and forgot to put in progesterone pessaries

Hi girls,

Hoping someone can give me some comfort. I’m 24 weeks pregnant and am still supposed to be using 4 pessaries per day - 2 in the night and 2 in the morning.

Twice this week I’ve forgotten the night dose. On Monday I woke up at 3am and suddenly remembered and put them in. Last night as well I forgot and only just now put them in (6am). I’m not too worried about forgetting the dose on Monday because I went to see dr M on weds and he checked the baby’s heartbeat and placental blood flow and said the baby was fine. But I’m super worried about forgetting last nights dose. Two nights in a week seems like a lot of progesterone to deprive my baby of...

I have felt my baby move a little bit this morning but nothing too major. I’m really concerned I’ve harmed my baby. Anyone have similar experience ??

Just worried sick atm..

Love and baby dust to you all x
    Last edited by Pursuitofparenthood; 02-07-2021, 06:36.

Unless you are on progesterone for risks related to premature labour, the progesterone is likely just there for peace of mind and doesn’t really serve a huge purpose at that gestation. Chat to your obstetrician, but they will likely just reassure you. Do you have a smart watch? Can you set a couple of alarms to remind you to do the progesterone? They’re usually silent alarms that just vibrate on your wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MLadyEm View Post
      Unless you are on progesterone for risks related to premature labour, the progesterone is likely just there for peace of mind and doesn’t really serve a huge purpose at that gestation. Chat to your obstetrician, but they will likely just reassure you. Do you have a smart watch? Can you set a couple of alarms to remind you to do the progesterone? They’re usually silent alarms that just vibrate on your wrist.
      Hi MladyEm, thank you for your response. I’m not necessarily at risk as such, I’ve never gone into premature labour before but I’ve had a mmc and 8 weeks.

I’m not sure if you’re a patient of dr m but he’s the one who put me on the pessaries. He seems to prescribe it to a fair few patients, I think it’s precautionary. I had my cervical length checked at my 20 week scan and it was at 32mm. He seemed happy with that...

Yeah, you’re right I should definitely set an alarm.

Thanks again x

Comment

Working...
      X