Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexmethasone in first trimester

Hi ladies!

As many of you on here, I’m a patient of the great Dr M and I just found out my last IVF cycle worked (fingers crossed I’ll have a baby in October)! I’m currently 5 weeks preg.

Dr M has me on 2 mg of dexmethasone (1mg in the morning 1 mg in the night) which he says he’ll switch to prednisone a bit later. My question to all you girls Who’ve been on some sorta ‘roid Through your pregnancies - are your babies ok?

PoP xx

Hi, congratulation on your bfp, although I haven’t personally been on them, there are plenty of ladies on the donor egg Greek thread that have used dr m and have been on dex then switched over to pred at around 8 wks and by all accounts their babies have been perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuitofparenthood View Post
      Hi ladies!

As many of you on here, I’m a patient of the great Dr M and I just found out my last IVF cycle worked (fingers crossed I’ll have a baby in October)! I’m currently 5 weeks preg.

Dr M has me on 2 mg of dexmethasone (1mg in the morning 1 mg in the night) which he says he’ll switch to prednisone a bit later. My question to all you girls Who’ve been on some sorta ‘roid Through your pregnancies - are your babies ok?

PoP xx
      I was on 16mg of dexamethasone at the end of my first pregnancy (unrelated health issue) and my baby was perfectly fine. I also weaned off it while breastfeeding with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by stacey10 View Post
        Hi, congratulation on your bfp, although I haven’t personally been on them, there are plenty of ladies on the donor egg Greek thread that have used dr m and have been on dex then switched over to pred at around 8 wks and by all accounts their babies have been perfect
        Thanks so much, lovely! Puts my mind at ease. I think it’s just freaking me out a tad that my FS is really anti-steroids but I think in the context of elevated NK cells, I’m hoping the steroid only works to calm them down and not affect my baby

Comment

Originally posted by mmmkay View Post
          I was on 16mg of dexamethasone at the end of my first pregnancy (unrelated health issue) and my baby was perfectly fine. I also weaned off it while breastfeeding with no issues.
          Thanks for your response!!

Oh wow ok, 16mg is quite a dose! I’m glad your baby and you are in good health 😊

Comment

Also a Dr M patient. I was on it for both pregnancies and all was fine with both kids. I did end up having to stay on prednisone until the end of my pregnancy though as my body had come to rely on it and going off it (even with a very slow wean) made my blood pressure too low. I managed to wean off in the last week so that all was fine for delivery, but they did give me another dose in theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful137 View Post
              Also a Dr M patient. I was on it for both pregnancies and all was fine with both kids. I did end up having to stay on prednisone until the end of my pregnancy though as my body had come to rely on it and going off it (even with a very slow wean) made my blood pressure too low. I managed to wean off in the last week so that all was fine for delivery, but they did give me another dose in theatre.
              Hi Hopeful137!

I wanted to ask you howMany weeks you were on dexmethasone Until?

I’m currently 7.5 weeks pregnant and I went to see Dr M yday and he said that he’ll see me again in 4 weeks however, he told me I need to stay on 4mg of dexmethasone for another 2-3 weeks. It didn’t occur to me at the time that I’ll be almost 12 weeks before I see him again and I certainly don’t want to be on dexmethasone any longer than is safe for the baby.

Any advice on this one? Should I call his office in a week and ask if I should change to prednisone?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuitofparenthood View Post
                Hi Hopeful137!

I wanted to ask you howMany weeks you were on dexmethasone Until?

I’m currently 7.5 weeks pregnant and I went to see Dr M yday and he said that he’ll see me again in 4 weeks however, he told me I need to stay on 4mg of dexmethasone for another 2-3 weeks. It didn’t occur to me at the time that I’ll be almost 12 weeks before I see him again and I certainly don’t want to be on dexmethasone any longer than is safe for the baby.

Any advice on this one? Should I call his office in a week and ask if I should change to prednisone?
                Yep so I was on dex until 9 weeks from memory and then swapped to prednisone- which is similar time frame to what Dr M has suggested to you. I’d definitely phone his office and explain what he said and see if you need a script for prednisone!

Comment

Working...
                X