Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant but reducing progesterone?

Hi ladies

I’m currently 6w1d and received positive hcg since my first bloods but my progesterone has been trending down. My results are:

Week 4 - HCG 450 progesterone 84
    Week 5 - HCG 7800 progesterone 81
    Week 6 - HCG 55000 progesterone 77

The nurse said ultrasound will confirm everything next week but just wanted to reach out to others on this forum and see if this is something I should be concerned about?

Thanks

Pregnant but reducing progesterone?

Originally posted by Gelati View Post
    Hi ladies

I’m currently 6w1d and received positive hcg since my first bloods but my progesterone has been trending down. My results are:

Week 4 - HCG 450 progesterone 84
    Week 5 - HCG 7800 progesterone 81
    Week 6 - HCG 55000 progesterone 77

The nurse said ultrasound will confirm everything next week but just wanted to reach out to others on this forum and see if this is something I should be concerned about?

Thanks
    Have you been offered any progesterone supplements [MENTION=121587]Gelati[/MENTION]? Are your dctrs/nurses concerned at all? It can be easily fixed with pessaries if it continues to fall and all is looking good apart from that. Is this a natural conception? To reassure you though my progesterone was much lower when I had my first blood test and I was around 5 weeks.
    Last edited by Heyside; 07-08-2021, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Heyside View Post
      Have you been offered any progesterone supplements [MENTION=121587]Gelati[/MENTION]? Are your dctrs/nurses concerned at all? It can be easily fixed with pessaries if it continues to fall and all is looking good apart from that. Is this a natural conception? To reassure you though my progesterone was much lower when I had my first blood test and I was around 5 weeks.
      Hey [MENTION=51381]Heyside[/MENTION], hope you’re doing well. I remember you from the beginning of my journey. No they aren’t concerned because it’s above 30 but they also didn’t recommend any more progesterone because they said if it’s not a viable pregnancy then it is just prolonging the inevitable. Also I haven’t had any cramping or bleeding so at this stage they aren’t recommending any intervention. It’s very different to my other pregnancies where progesterone went up and went beyond 100. This is a natural FET cycle.

I think they just want to see what ultrasound shows next week.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=51381]Heyside[/MENTION], hope you’re doing well. I remember you from the beginning of my journey. No they aren’t concerned because it’s above 30 but they also didn’t recommend any more progesterone because they said if it’s not a viable pregnancy then it is just prolonging the inevitable. Also I haven’t had any cramping or bleeding so at this stage they aren’t recommending any intervention. It’s very different to my other pregnancies where progesterone went up and went beyond 100. This is a natural FET cycle.

All sounds positive hun, try and hang on in there (easier said then done). Hoping it’s good news at your scan this week. My progesterone was only 37 this time (natural pregnancy) and nobody seemed to be too concerned. I was eventually put on progesterone but that was mainly for peace of mind due to my IVF history. Fingers crossed for you x

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=51381]Heyside[/MENTION]! How far along are you now? Wishing you a drama free pregnancy 😊

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=51381]Heyside[/MENTION]! How far along are you now? Wishing you a drama free pregnancy [emoji4]
            Let me know how your scan goes, hoping you see your beautiful Bub and feel reassured. I am 15 weeks now thank you x

Comment

Oh congrats [MENTION=51381]Heyside[/MENTION]! I just re-read your post and realised this is a natural pregnancy. That’s amazing! Is this your first Bub? Enjoy second trimester!

Comment

Oh congrats [MENTION=51381]Heyside[/MENTION]! I just re-read your post and realised this is a natural pregnancy. That’s amazing! Is this your first Bub? Enjoy second trimester!
                Yes it’s unbelievable [MENTION=121587]Gelati[/MENTION] this with be our 3rd child, DD1 was through ovulation induction due to PCOS. DD2 was a 4 year battle with IVF. Once DD2 arrived though my periods returned to normal (previously I never ovulated naturally) so we decided to just see what happened and we were very very lucky.

Hope all goes well with your scan, will this be your first?

Comment

Wow #3! That’s so great to hear. This will be #3 for us too - and final. Who would have thought!?

I have heard pregnancies can reset everything. Soo happy for you 😊

Comment

How did your scan go?

Comment

Tww is the hardest part of treatment. And probably there aren't lots of secrets on how to keep oneself positive and less stressed. I even read somewhere about ladies create “fertility dances” but that was really not for me. Being closer to my family helped me much. Also walking my doggy in the park on sunny days. I just imagined one day we would do it in three - my dh, our LO and me..
                      I was 39 yo undergoing de ivf in Kyiv, following so called “guaranteed” plan. We decided to transfer 2 beautiful 5-day blasts. Though were told of all possible risks, just accepted this idea for boosting chances. Well, I read here and there that actually we need only one for success. But in my case our 2nd embie vanished.. And God knows, if we stopped at transferring one only. I believe this choice depends on each particular case.
                      Only due to ivf treatments we expanded our family. Though we had to struggle loads of tough moments and negative thoughts concerning time flying. I believe your position is much better. Wish you the best of luck in the world!

Comment

Working...
                      X