HELP!!! Tranfer 1 or 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! Tranfer 1 or 2

I think it all depends on your previous IVF cycles. I started off transferring 1 and due to repeat failures I am now transferring 2. How did your last cycle go? Do you know if your embryos were of good quality, because that would be another factor whether or not to transfer 2.

If you have good quality embryo's I would transfer 1. If they were of average quality I would transfer 2.

Best of luck

Yes, I see your situation now , decisions decisions. In this case if it were me I would then implant 1 only. I hope this is your sticky one .

Comment

Hi Meshell, this is a very personal choice and only you can make the decision but if I was you I'd transfer two mainly because they're only day 2 and also doesn't it cost a fortune to freeze at Springwood Fertility? Eithway, you're young, you could handle two
      Fingers crossed for you and I hope your cycle goes well and you get lots of eggies.
      Keep us updated

Comment

Decisions! It can do your head in huh! For us, we transferred 2 only because time wasn't on our side (I was 36). If we had our time again, I can't definitely say that I would transfer two again. As much as we adore them and can't imagine there only being one, twins is hard, but you just get on with it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Comment

Hiya!

Once we fell pregnant, it was very smooth sailing. I had mild morning sickness, but not to the extent that it interfered with my daily functioning. Very tired. But no complications at all. I am a similar frame as you and I think they just outgrew me, as they were premmie at 32 weeks. But they were healthy and good size bubs, just needed to stay in for 3 weeks to learn how to suck and fatten up.

I did stop work at 30 weeks, and in hindsight should have stopped earlier (26-28), just because I was so tired and had some fluid around the ankles.

And your so right, you just do what you have to and make it work somehow.

Good luck! Keep us posted with your decision and the outcome!

Comment

I would and will be transferring two if we ever get two more embies again to transfer. Yes, two will be extremely difficult but it does happen naturally and you just don't know what will happen with your fertility over the few 12+ months between ttc #1 and 2.

In your case meshel, I would def do it with a day 2 transfer.

Comment

Hi Meshell

I have been offered the same this cycle. We have decided to go for one transfer to reduce the multiple risk. Being my first cycle I also have no idea of whats next so playing cautious. I am just 30 and fit and healthy so I guess this impacted on my decision.

We have said if not successful this cycle we would consider a double transfer next. The money and the fact its your second cycle would sway me to 2 I think as well.

You will make the right decision x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Comment

Hi Meschel

Its not an easy decision is it. At first because of my age the FS at monash would only transfer 1. Every time I had one transfered I got a BFN. The two times I had two transfered bam pregnant. I am having two transfered. We have previously gotten good quality embryos with 100% fertilisation rate and embryos to freeze. I have twin boy nephews and my aunty which is a size 6 very petite woman had triplets through dr Malloy at QFG through the gift programme many years ago as they are 14 now. She had no problems at all only that they were premmie. They are three happy healthy beautiful girls. If I can be half the mum she is I will be a happy camper

Comment

Did they let you tranfer 2? I would like to do the same as you. i worry that as this is my firat go as ivf they wont let me. i just want to give myself the beat chance of success.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Comment

Two!! Absolutely

Comment

I had the same decision to make only a few months ago, I understand how hard it is especially with a hubby willing to do whatever you want. I went with 1 embryo as twins runs in my family and I didn't want to end up with 3, and also my health insurance waiting period isn't over yet so we have 1 remaining embryo to try with until then. There's no right or wrong, it's what you think is best for your situation.
                      I hope everything has worked well for you.

Comment

Transfer two love. While decisions are hard and put a lot of strain on us, I think you are putting more stress on yourself by worrying about things that may not even happen. Yes, higher risk with twins but there is a risk with every pregnancy. I have twin girls, Chloe & Eva now 10 months and would have twins again. It was very stressful for me having 2 previous losses ( one a boy at 17 wks - my waters broke) thinking I would lose again but our babies are extra precious to us because of the soul destroying roller coaster we have to be on.

Why not 2? You will make the right decision. Have faith in yourself.

Nat x

Comment

Good luck ! Looks like the universe answered that one for u

Comment

Hi Meshelle
                            Can i just tell you my story. I havent finished reading through this thread but just wanted to share what happened to me.
                            Unfortunately its the 'bad' kind of story. Its a bit long winded, i am sorry.
                            We did ivf/ICSI due to MFI.
                            I am perfectly healthy having had 3 children naturally to a previous marriage.
                            They retrieved 11 eggs from me with only 6 fertilisng.
                            I had a freeze all at day 1 as I could not have a transfer at the time they were created due to high progesterone. I waited 4 months before going back to have my frozen transfer.

My transfer was a natural cycle.
                            At the time of my cycling I asked my FS about transferring 2 and he "strongly advised" me to have only one but at 38 years old I didnt want to much around so FFw 4 months and at the time of my transfer i went against the FS advice and I asked the scientist about putting two in and she told me they would only do it if they were unsuitable to refreeze.
                            Out of my 6 embies, only 3 made it to the 5 day blast. They were three perfect blasts and went ahead and put two in me. No questions asked.
                            9 days after the transfer we got a BFP and at our 7 weeks scan we discovered not only both of them had taken but one of them had split and we were pregnant with triplets!!! We just couldnt believe our luck.
                            All very exciting but scary.
                            I was getting extremely sick with MS as you would expect carrying multiples but I was also having lots of other symptoms which i just thought it was how my body was coping at being pregnant at my age.
                            I had some blood tests at 9 weeks and they discovered I was having hyperactive thyroid which explained all my extra symptoms. This condition was bought about by being pregnant with the triplets. Apparently the very high hormone HCG tricks the thyroid and sends it into overdrive.
                            Extreme hunger, tremours, heart palpatations, dry skin, sore eyes. I had the works!! It was awful! The extreme hunger couple with extreme nausea was the worst. But they assured me the babies would be fine.
                            On top of being so extremely sick we then faced with the dilemma as to we should reduce the pregnancy. the dr's really painted an awful picture of what being pregnant with triplets could mean. Extreme premmie, blindness, Brain damage.
                            At 10 weeks we went in for a scan to check how they were progressing. As awful as it sounds We were hoping mother nature would make the selective reduction for us and take just one. Unfortunately they could find no heartbeats on any of them, saying that our singleton had gone about a week before, while the twins had only just passed. Devastated!!
                            My doctor was very good about it but in a nice kind way did say " i told you so" because of all the complication a multiple pregnancy can bring and I know my partner feels some angst against me for what happened
                            The doctor has me now listed as strictly one transfer only.
                            I was so excited at the possibilty of twins and killing two birds with the one stone but now I feel very guilty and will regret my decision to have two put in for the rest of my life. At 38 years old, I would have never thought we would have gotten pregnant on the first go, let alone have both of them take then one of them split. things like that dont happen to me!! Now im 39 and wasted all that precious fertile time through a bad decision.
                            If you yourself are perfectly healthy and your only problem is MFI, my advise is to have only one. You just never know what could happen.

Comment

I just finished reading the posts and saw how your cycles went... Gosh I have fingers crossed for you!!! I hope my doesnt sound all dreary. Just wanted to share. Best of luck Meshell.
                              xx

Comment

Working...
                              X