Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Donation Greece #8

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mrsl73 View Post
    Hi Ladies, I received an email from embryoland yesterday with some test results of blood tests I did in Greece in March. Imagine my shock that I get the results 9 months later. 🤬🤬

    Anyway I am a little confused by it as appears I tested positive for MTHFR C677T. So after I googled it I am really concerned that this might have been a contributing flavor to losing Zoe. I emailed Dr Nikos last night to please explain to me exactly what these results mean but he didn’t respond [emoji34][emoji34]
    If I receive no email today he will be getting a call from me.

    Any other ladies have this and what did you do meds / supplements wise?? I want to be loaded with all the information I get my hands on for when I do speak to Dr Nikos.
    I am also heterozygous for this gene. I have the other one also.
    Firstly you should not be consuming folic acid in any form. It is contained in most prenatal vitamins, multi vs, bread and cereals. You should be taking methyl folate or folinic acid instead. The recommended dose is 800micrograms per day. I am so sorry you are only just finding this out now. I too have only recently found out after many miscarriages, although nothing like you have been through with your precious Zoe.
    There is a very good website called
    MTHFR support Australia.
    There is a lot of information on there so take some time to go through it all.
    If I can help in anyway please ask xx

    Comment


    • Originally posted by missybear View Post
      Hi All

      Update. At 6+2 my BHCG is 38000, lovely, but my progesterone is fluctuating all over the place 45,99,43 etc.
      My GP, who I realise is not an expert in IVF etc has just worried me by saying progesterone levels (high or fluctuating?) or long term use of is bad for the embryo! Worried worried worried [emoji45][emoji45][emoji45] I’ve never heard that before?
      Any advice or knowledge anyone? Maybe [MENTION=104318]BlondeinBrisvegas[/MENTION] or [MENTION=141432]gorgeousgeorge[/MENTION] ?? Any of you lovely ladies please xx
      My levels go from 50 to 250 and my fs has never shown a concern. I did query it once and he said it cannot ever be too high.
      If you are taking it orally it will show in you blood as higher levels as it is absorbed more readily, but that doesn't mean that the embryo is getting that amount hence the reason to continue with vaginally as well.
      I think you are doing everything right.
      You could get a Pio injection if you are worried.

      Sorry I'm a bit behind in thread as I'm in transit.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ashwa View Post
        I haven’t emailed Dr Nikos yet [MENTION=124933]missybear[/MENTION]. I have a scan with my obstetrician here tomorrow so I’ll just email him after that. I can’t wait to see how this little baby is growing!!!
        Good luck with your scan tomorrow xx

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Notalone View Post
          Safe travels [MENTION=150219]Moc24[/MENTION] and [MENTION=149054]Nilza79[/MENTION] - we are cycle buddies!! Yay!
          Thanks I'm on my way!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Moc24 View Post
            My levels go from 50 to 250 and my fs has never shown a concern. I did query it once and he said it cannot ever be too high.
            If you are taking it orally it will show in you blood as higher levels as it is absorbed more readily, but that doesn't mean that the embryo is getting that amount hence the reason to continue with vaginally as well.
            I think you are doing everything right.
            You could get a Pio injection if you are worried.

            Sorry I'm a bit behind in thread as I'm in transit.
            Thank you [MENTION=150219]Moc24[/MENTION] x

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Moc24 View Post
              Thanks I'm on my way!
              Woo hoo 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 good luck !!

              Comment


              • Unfortunately I have to walk past the bakeries. Because I have the MTHFR I am trying to be gluten free[emoji24]

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mrsl73 View Post
                  Hi Ladies, I received an email from embryoland yesterday with some test results of blood tests I did in Greece in March. Imagine my shock that I get the results 9 months later. 🤬🤬

                  Anyway I am a little confused by it as appears I tested positive for MTHFR C677T. So after I googled it I am really concerned that this might have been a contributing flavor to losing Zoe. I emailed Dr Nikos last night to please explain to me exactly what these results mean but he didn’t respond [emoji34][emoji34]
                  If I receive no email today he will be getting a call from me.

                  Any other ladies have this and what did you do meds / supplements wise?? I want to be loaded with all the information I get my hands on for when I do speak to Dr Nikos.
                  Apparently there is 2 mthfr genes i have both and they are both to do with processing folate man made

                  Comment


                  • Thanks for thinking of me [MENTION=150219]Moc24[/MENTION], my scan went well today and everything is looking great in there so far. All the best for your trip, I know you will have the best time, I am crossing everything for you.

                    I'm so sorry this test result has come up for you [MENTION=54840]mrs[/MENTION]173. I hope you can find some answers x

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ashwa View Post
                      Thanks for thinking of me [MENTION=150219]Moc24[/MENTION], my scan went well today and everything is looking great in there so far. All the best for your trip, I know you will have the best time, I am crossing everything for you.

                      I'm so sorry this test result has come up for you [MENTION=54840]mrs[/MENTION]173. I hope you can find some answers x
                      Ooh how exciting [MENTION=142565]Ashwa[/MENTION]. Just one little bubba on board? Did you get a number for the heartbeat? x

                      Comment


                      • Thanks [MENTION=124933]missybear[/MENTION], yes we are so happy and excited. Only one on board (we only put one in this time), since I already have a son I don't think I could have handled twins haha. We didn't actually get a heart rate this time but we could see it beating away on the screen, its amazing how much he or she has grown since our last scan.

                        Comment


                        • [MENTION=142565]Ashwa[/MENTION] that’s brilliant news, are you 8wks or so?

                          Comment


                          • Yes nearly 9 weeks [MENTION=124933]missybear[/MENTION], it’s already going fast lol.

                            Comment


                            • [MENTION=54840]mrs[/MENTION]I73, I agree with [MENTION=150219]Moc24[/MENTION] re the MTHFR, and it is totally manageable. You should get onto supplements with folinic acid or 5 Methyl Folate straight away to start getting the folic acid out of your system. I am on a US one called Optimal Prenatal by Seeking Health, it’s from the US so I order it through Return2Health.

                              As Moc24 said, MTHFR support Australia are great and have a lot of resources/online seminars. In addition to the supplements, I also decided to go gluten, dairy and sugar free, plus removing toxins from make up/skin products etc but this was also because I have hashimotos (thyroid issues). I think MTHFR can be effectively managed just by avoiding folic acid.

                              All the best to you, it’s great to get some answers, but very frustrating when they take so long to come through!

                              Comment


                              • Egg Donation Greece #8

                                Im sitting at Sydney airport looking at my plane about to embark on this journey again.
                                To say that im emotional is an understatement. Ive just said goodbye to my family and the love of my life just drove home. I know this is something we want and many of you have done on your own also bit why is this so *** hard!
                                If only it was easier in our country. A country that has the best of everything and we all have to travel overseas to see our baby dreams come true.
                                If theres one thing i do now is advocate for all the ladies going through fertility issues. Even of its a hey did you know this. Yesterday i was at my bank due to a lost key card. Lol everyone has a moment just before they leave right?
                                Anyways the lovely teller asked me why i was going to greece. So i told her. Ive always been open as I believe many are struggling without anyone to talk to and i want to remove the stigma attached to ivf and feetility problems.
                                When i told her she explained that she had just had her first consult with a Fs and she has poor ovarian reserve and pcos and hasnt ovulated in a year. Shes 28. She told me she’s looking at donor pathways too. I gave her the bub hub app to start with and informed her about all ive been through. Told her to test for everything including NKC and mthfr.
                                I told her id keep in touch.
                                Hopefully one day our legislations will change. When donor eggs can be anonymous like most of us want. Yes a register for future use but make it like sperm donors. Where women like us can go and there is a wealth of information and doesnt cost our life savings to hopefully fulfill our dreams. This is what I hope for. And of course babies !!! Lots of babies for everyone who is traveling this hard path!!
                                Last edited by Nilza79; 22-11-2017, 17:41.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X