This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IrisJ

Hi ladies does anyone have an email address for Embryoland? My online form is not going through...

Comment

• Iris you definitely don't need a f/s, any scans you need doing can be organised by your gp, and you can buy your meds through fertility2u, you can get your clinic to send prescription to them and they mail them out to you, you need to leave about 10 days for postage, also the clinic syncs your cycle so you don't need to worry about that

Comment

• IrisJ

Thank you Stacey. Which clinic did you go to in Greece?

I am so stressed out and worried that I feel I may need the support of FS. I have had v bad experiences with ivf so far and my initial fs was so abrupt with her news bearing methods that made me cry all day. After 6 ivf attempts we've had only one egg collected which was unsuitable for embryo formation anyway. I am turning 44 in Aug. I have been thinking about ED in Greece for months now and this thread is helping me alot. My partner is Greek. I would like us to be there end of Sep15 but haven't started anything. All so overwhelming and scary. We need to build up the courage to get started.

So thankyou to all the ladies who generously share and give us the newbies more courage and support

Comment

• Hey Iris J im using my Dr here for everthing at this stage im going with Embryoland after much anxiety about whom to choose. My Dr here is doing all my testing with the emails from Dr Kanankas he just writes up my scripts. I too should be there around same time depending on donor and my cycle.

Comment

• Hey Iris J im using my Dr here for everthing at this stage im going with Embryoland after much anxiety about whom to choose. My Dr here is doing all my testing with the emails from Dr Kanankas he just writes up my scripts. I too should be there around same time depending on donor and my cycle. I will be 45 then.

Comment

• IrisJ

Thanks Kcraig.

I have made an appointment tomorrow to see my GP and also my FS one more time. I'll see which is more supportive and I'll start with them. I have contacted both Embryoland and Serum. Serum wrote back to me straight away but I still haven't heard back from Embryoland. Is there an email address? I haven't ruled them out yet.

Are you all ready to go? Are you on the meds now?
              Xx

Comment

• IrisJ

Kcraig do you think I should just call Embryoland instead of waiting for them? I'm worried the online form has not gone through.....

Comment

• I always contacted Dr Nikos directly, either by phone or email.

Dr Kanakas' email is: nkanakas@hol.gr, he usually replies within one day.

He always answers his phone too, his number is: +30693 230 3888

Good luck IrisJ, you will be lucky just like I am.

Im 15 weeks today ladies

The doppler I bought is keeping me sane and the baby is moving around heaps since I can barely find the heartbeat some days, but thats because baby is bouncing..

Good luck to everyone going to Greece!

Comment

• Iris no need to panic, doing d/e is very simple and straight forward once you have decided on a clinic, the clinic does all the work and you just follow along, having fun planning on where to stay and what to see if you have time
                    i went to Embio but it is a clinic that I wouldn't recommend

Comment

• Thanks Stacey and Yasna.

I hope I will be lucky too Yasna. Our journey has been a very emotional one so far and wish for nothing more than getting some positive news for a change.

And all the best to you in your pregnancy journey xx

Comment

• Egg Donation in Greece

Feel like I've been offline for ages! In reality it's probably been one day - eye roll :-D. So now I'm cuddled up in front of the fire at my parents (in the country) and catching up.

Welcome IrisJ! It feels overwhelming to start, and you'll probably feel a bit nervous until you arrive in Greece and your clinic checks your lining again and confirms everything is good to go. After the crappy ivf journey you've had it's entirely understandable that you'd get a little jumpy in the prep for a donor cycle. We all do - it's just a big endeavour! The trick is to pick the clinic that resonates with you personally. Go with your gut on that one. For me that was Serum and the marvellous Penny. For others on this thread it's been Embryoland and the lovely Dr Kanakas, or Ruth Pellow, or Iakentro ... They're all good from what I can tell, so pick the clinic that will give you the experience that makes you most comfortable and which allocates the donor in a way that you are comfortable with.

After that, it's easy. Your clinic will tell you the meds to take so you can go the route Stacey described above, or you can use an FS here to prescribe the meds and scan your lining (that's what I do, I use Dr Anne Poliness - she can scan my lining in her rooms), or if you have a cooperative GP they can do it too. The difference with using an FS for this is that you can sanity check stuff with them that your GP might not be able to help you with. If you feel a bit nervous about it all (which I was after my first bad experience in Greece) then I'd use a FS. If you feel very comfortable with the meds and how your body reacts to them and have no desire to get a second opinion along the way, then your GP is totally fine.

This is a very exciting time for you! And a little sad too - letting go of having an OE really tough, every now and then I still grieve it a teeny little bit. But my DE baby is the baby I was meant to have, he is simply amazing and I'm so very lucky to have him :-). These days it is more important to me to try and have a 100% sibling for my little man than it is to have my OE baby.

Wishing you lots of positive experiences with DE in Greece in the coming months! You still have time to organise everything and receive an ET in Sept. As an indicative timeframe I'll be there early Sept and I start my meds in mid to late July.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend xx
                        Last edited by Vixjc; 22-06-2015, 20:04.

Comment

• IrisJ

Vixj Thank you for the kind wishes. Before coming across this thread I felt nobody understands what we are going through. Now even though my heart goes out to all the ladies on this site that had to go through such emotional journeys, I somehow feel relieved that there are people who actually understand...

The one thing I am investigating at the mo is the difference in donor selection at Serum and Embryoland. Neither of them provide detailed reports or photos?

Comment

• IrisJ, I wouldnt worry too much about donor information, they are tested for stds and hopefully matched to your looks, but personally I'm happy as long as my donor had brown hair. I am the mother who is carrying this baby, and I dont want to continually compare my egg donor with my child. I have pictures of my sperm donor, but am glad that the ED was anonymous. It makes it easier for me to bond with my baby and feel like its truly mine. If I have her picture in my mind, I will be constantly comparing. I did however want to know what her interests were, but to be honest, that could all be lies anyway. Just be happy that someone is giving you the gift of life and you have the opportunity to have a baby.

Thats just my take on it.

Comment

• New thread over here .

Comment

Working...
                              X