X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for potential donors

Hi Ladies

I think this is the best thing I have ever read about ED on the net...have posted in two parts as over character length!!!

http://members.optushome.com.au/dcsg...nfo_sheet.html

Becoming a donor: Information sheet

Comment

Hi SarahSF

Thanks for posting this , I know that ppl on the hub will appreciate this information. I think the more informed everyone can become the better we will be.

Cheers

Comment

I've made this a 'sticky' so that it remains at the top of the section for all to read. And a couple of new smilies particularly appropriate for this section

Comment

Thanx for posting this, it's fantastic information!

Comment

Excellent info Thanx!!

Comment

This was very interesting reading, you are right to point out all the possible problems
              But I feel that it does not have enough information on the positive aspects of donating.
              There are so many needing help and i find this info trying to talk people out of it.
              Which unfortunately is myself!
              I will not be donating any of my embo's because I am not prepared to leave myself open to future contact
              The guilt would be like that of giving a baby away
              It would have been nice to put a more positive spin on things to make someone like me reconsider

Comment

Hi cani

You are perfectly right when you say that there are so many needing help. But I think that the info provided is good in that it does make you consider the really hard aspects of egg donation. The rights of the resultant child are important too and I think their right to know where they come from is critical.

From reading this information I know that I am just not cut out to be an egg donor. I could never separate myself from any egg I donated. To me it would be exactly like giving a child of mine away to other people to raise. It wouldn't matter how much contact I had. I would feel that the child were mine, which makes me exactly the wrong type of person to consider egg donation.

However, I love that there are some women (and their partners too) out there who have it within them to give this awesome gift to some very deserving people without conditions or entanglements. Such women are truly precious.

Cheers
                Last edited by xkwzit; 10-08-2007, 15:15.

Comment

i have donated twice now both times the ladies got twins...one anon through qld fertility centre and the other i chose someone off here and have done semi anon meaning i know her by email but we are not going to keep in touch...

personally i am not sure that i could know the person but that is me personally 9Keep in touch etc)....i think you need to be totally clear on what you are happy with re donation as is a big issue...

the way i see it is they are really just cells until placed in a womb and put with a sperm. they are wasted each and every month they mean nothing to us...nothing until they are met with the sperm and womb....it is then when they become a baby..but just because you are technically blood related to something doesnt mean that you love it or need to be a part of its life....and that is how "i " deal with the whole thing...

i think if the person was too close to me i would probably look at it differently...

but let me tell you the emails and the words that you receive for doing such a lovely thing is the warmest fuzziest feelings you will ever get....i think most of us are born to want to make a change to someone elses life..what better way than giving someone a child that they could not have without your help

i cannot imagine life without my three children and i also cannot imagine being ripped off in life destined to not have a child because my body wont allow me to....so with your help someone can have a baby....

it is the best gift you will ever give anyone and it will not cost you a cent..happy for you to pm me if you need anything answered

fee

Comment

a question

Originally posted by ogilberry View Post
                    i have donated twice now both times the ladies got twins...one anon through qld fertility centre and the other i chose someone off here and have done semi anon meaning i know her by email but we are not going to keep in touch...

personally i am not sure that i could know the person but that is me personally 9Keep in touch etc)....i think you need to be totally clear on what you are happy with re donation as is a big issue...

the way i see it is they are really just cells until placed in a womb and put with a sperm. they are wasted each and every month they mean nothing to us...nothing until they are met with the sperm and womb....it is then when they become a baby..but just because you are technically blood related to something doesnt mean that you love it or need to be a part of its life....and that is how "i " deal with the whole thing...

i think if the person was too close to me i would probably look at it differently...

but let me tell you the emails and the words that you receive for doing such a lovely thing is the warmest fuzziest feelings you will ever get....i think most of us are born to want to make a change to someone elses life..what better way than giving someone a child that they could not have without your help

i cannot imagine life without my three children and i also cannot imagine being ripped off in life destined to not have a child because my body wont allow me to....so with your help someone can have a baby....

it is the best gift you will ever give anyone and it will not cost you a cent..happy for you to pm me if you need anything answered

fee
                    So who pays for it then, cause I know IVF is expensive, so isn't this the same type thing, where they make you ovulate more than 1 egg and they take them all??? Injections etc??

Comment

OGIL Berry - you are amazing, to have given that gift of life to a couple, you are a true gem. To look at it the way you do also is a credit to you. If only there were more of you out there, us girls without children might have more hope.

Thankyou for helping creat life.

xxxxxx

Comment

THIS is amazing information im even more determined to do it now !!!! just to find out how i go about that

Comment

Thankyou, I am looking to do it in a few years, after I have had all my children.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybirdbabies View Post
                            So who pays for it then, cause I know IVF is expensive, so isn't this the same type thing, where they make you ovulate more than 1 egg and they take them all??? Injections etc??
                            The Recipients pay for the whole thing, It is exactly like an IVF cycle but you don't have the embryo's implanted back in you.

Comment

I have been thinking of doing this for a while now but the only thing holding me back would be the pain can anyone who has done this give me some more info ?
                              my email is aida4bubs@yahoo.com.au
                              Last edited by xkwzit; 01-05-2008, 21:48. Reason: unnecessary

Comment

Working...
                              X