2 year gap then 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 year gap then 4?

We have 2 years between the girls almost to the day. Looks like now it will be 4 years between #2 and #3.
    Advise? Tips? Comments?
    Do you have this? Are you part of this with you're own siblings

This is what we have. Well closer to 5 years between 2 and 3. So far it has been great. #3 is only 19months so things may change, but I found the baby stage easy. The older two were at school so I was able to spend quality time with the newborn. Pick up and drop off times were a little difficult at times with a newborn and his sleep was often disturbed. The older 2 have always been helpful and have loved having a baby brother (and they will remember it which is nice). It is starting to get a little difficult as #3 wants to join in on the big kids games, but they don't want him ruining things, so it often ends in tears, but I can usually distract the toddler with a book. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by maternidade View Post
      We have 2 years between the girls almost to the day. Looks like now it will be 4 years between #2 and #3.
      Advise? Tips? Comments?
      I don't have this gap. I have..

18 months between 1 & 2
      2 yrs 4 months between 2 & 3

BUT... honestly I think I would've preferred your gap. No. 1 tends to try and mother the youngest. Whereas no. 2 and 3 are close enough that although they play, they also bicker a lot. 1 and 2 being close in age bicker a lot too. So the bigger age gap between 2 and 3 *might have* made the dynamics of my 3 a little easier.

Also, in terms of when no. 3 was a newbie having a 4 year old instead of a 2 year old would've been way easier imo.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by maternidade View Post
        Advise? Tips? Comments?
        My brother and I are almost 4 years apart. We've always been super close. If we were going to have a second bub, I would want that same gap, but my age would probably dictate trying earlier.

For my brother and I the age gap meant we were interested in similar things but not in competition for the same things IYKWIM. It's hard to explain. I had several friends who's siblings were just over a year or so younger or older than them - they were close enough in age for the younger to feel aggrieved about not being allowed to do the same things as their sibling. We didn't have that.
        I've noticed in my extended family, the siblings that were a bit further apart seem to get on really well (if there's 3 siblings, the first and third get on better). Of course, that's just my family and people I know. I'm sure there people who had closer age gaps and think that was great too.

Comment

I have both 2 years and 4 years gaps.
          4 year gap is my favorite. It's so much easier.

My g/b 4 year gap aren't that super close but ok.
          My b/b year gap are so close you would think they were twins.

2yr g/g are close
          2yr g/b are oil and water. OMFG they drive me batty.

Comment

Working...
          X