How long did you wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did you wait?

Just curious how long people waited in between having children?
    Also whether your previous birth was naturally, c section, ect

How long did you wait?

DD1 - DD2 2 years
    DD2 - DD3 10.5 months
    DD3 - DD4 2 years

We started trying straight away with DD2 and DD3.

Edit to add DD1 was natural and the other 3 were c/s

Comment

Subbing as I am curious. We had have a 3 month DD and trying to figure out when start tryimg for the next one.

Comment

DD was about a month shy of 2 when we started trying and 2 years + 4 months when DS was conceived. We had a miscarriage between trying and DS though

Both vaginal deliveries

Comment

We started trying when our daughter was 2 yrs, 9 months, as we wanted an age gap of at least 3.5 years. It ended up taking 9 months to fall pregnant, so he was born when she was 4 years and 2 months old. First was c/s, second was natural.

Comment

We started trying when ds was 2.5 years and fell second cycle. Due any day now and he will be 4 in September

Comment

How long did you wait?

With my second we tried when our eldest was about 1 and fell straight away so there is a year and 9 months between them. With the next lot we were trying pretty early on so have a 14 month and 16 month gap.
              This time, our youngest is about to turn 3 and we have just started trying again for another one. (We tried all last year and ended in a miscarriage so had a 6 month break and have just started again)

Edit:
              #1, #2 and #4 were induced but all 4 were normal vaginal delivery.
              2nd degree year with #1, nothing with the others
              Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 11-06-2017, 13:47.

Comment

We started trying when DS was 2, hoping we would have a 3 year gap but we ran into difficulties and there is a 5.5yr gap between DS and DD

Comment

I have a 2.2 year gap between 1 and 2, and a 3.5 year gap between 2 and 3. 3 years is great, my body had a good amount of time to recover from the huge effort of growing and birthing a mini-human, and the 3 .5 year old could lovingly welcome her baby sister without much displacement, because she'd had that solid 3 years of being "babied".
                  eta all straight forward home births

Comment

Well mine are 16, 13, 11.... 15 months and I'm 17 weeks pregnant so I go from biggest gap 15 years to smallest 20 months, think that covers the whole range lol. Not really planned that way just how the cards were dealt.

Comment

My first born was an emergency C-section, waited 6 months before ttc #2, fell pregnant when DD1 was only 7 months, so they were born 16 months apart, had a 2nd C-section for bub number 2. After DD2 was born we waited another 6 months before ttc for the 3rd, I fell pregnant 4 months later, so DD2 was 10 months old, but I sadly miscarried at 5 weeks. We continued trying straight away and it took another 12 months for me to fall pregnant again, DS1 came along 2.5 years after DD2, another C-section. I hoped for another one soon after again but my ex hubby and I are no longer together.
                      Currently in the process of ttc my 4th with a donor, my DS1 is now 5 years old, so even if it happened quickly i'm looking at a 6 year gap. I quite like this larger gap idea, my oldest is 9 now and she would be 10 by the time another came along, it seems less daunting to have a baby in the house when my children are more independent now. This will be my 4th C-section also.
                      I think if I had of gotten things my way I would of had all 4 close gaps but to be honest, the larger gaps are easier lol. Aside from the fact I've forgotten about all this pregnancy and baby business for quite a few years

Comment

We started trying for #2 when DD was 21 months old. It took 6 months and a miscarriage before we concieved DS. He was born exactly 7 weeks before DD turned 3.

Comment

Nearly 6.5 years when we started trying, will be a 7.5 year age gap once this one is born..

first birth traumatic emergency c-section, plus other issues hence why such a long gap

Comment

1-2 1y7m
                            2-3 1y10m
                            3-4 3y7m

All natural births
                            DS1 – 10, DD1 – 9, DS2 – 7, DS3 - 4

Comment

1-2 / 2.3 yrs

2-3/ 19 mths

3-4/ 19 mths

1- C/sec
                              2- vbac