This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing personal details

Please be careful fellow hubbers when including links to your web sites or home pages on this or any other forum.

Leave no identifying information - no names, addresses, workplaces etc.

I was alarmed to follow a link recently to see photo's of naked little ones. I love nothing more than watching my little ones run around naked but the thought that someone else is watching them or looking at them and getting excited over it sickens me to the very core.

This is, after all, a PUBLIC forum.

I'd just like to support what Supermum has said. We have had reports from other parenting websites recently where weirdos were harassing their members with inappropriate questions regarding their children.

Please be seletective about the information you provide here: in your posts and signatures and the content of any links that you include. We just want to make sure that nothing sours your hubbing.

Cheers

ps. if you've got any questions regarding what is too much information, PM a mod who will be happy to help you out.

Comment

I'd like to support it too!

In fact - I'm going to make this thread a sticky so that we can ALWAYS see it and be reminded!!

Comment

Originally posted by xkwzit
        I'said. We have had reports from other parenting websites recently where weirdos were harassing their members with inappropriate questions regarding their children.
        OMG..,..... i never thought of it that way..
        Last edited by razzle; 14-04-2006, 12:51. Reason: fixed your quote thingy

Comment

I've been on a few other forums in other web sites that have weirdo's attacking and stalking people, anything that you type on here and even your pic in your avitar (is that how you spell it?) can be coppied and stored on stranger's computers

Comment

I agree. My partner is always getting up me for putting pics up of my bub on my msn space but i have a security thing on it now only letting people from my msn allowed to open it but after reading this & thinking about it more...i dont know if i want to have ANY photos of her on there nemore!

Comment

So much now you have to be careful about.

I never thought the day would come when I would worry over a silly commercial advertising baby wipes, but everytime I see it on TV I cringe, and wonder what perverts are getting their jollies from them

Comment

I agree with what you are saying i have a website with photos of my family but there is no way i have naked pics of my lil one.I wouldnt want pervets looking at them either .

Comment

*SHUDDER*

I will keep this in mind. Thank you!

Comment

I so agree.....

Comment

Me 2

There was a thread on here asking for people's email addresses etc i thought that was odd and no way was i adding mine 2 it, you never know where these will get passed onto and into

Comment

Yep I recently removed my link to E's website my pictures of her are just that mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by LA62
                          Me 2
                          There was a thread on here asking for people's email addresses etc i thought that was odd and no way was i adding mine 2 it, you never know where these will get passed onto and into

It is not just email addresses being passed on that one should be careful of sharing. The most commonly used passwords are memorable dates (birthdays / anniversaries) names (first, last, childrens,partners etc) followed by favourite items and things within eyeshot of the computer.

Although i generally use random letter number sequences i still never answer those

"whats your .......",
                          where did you..... or
                          if you could have" type threads on any board.

It is not necessarily the person posting the quesion, but anyone who views the answers could easily access your other online accounts.

Think about it, when was the last time you changed your MSN or yahoo "secret question" was it before or after posting about your favourite pets or where you grew up, what school you went to etc etc etc ?

I think someone also mentioned security settings that only allow those on your msn list to access photo's?

A single google search for msn add-ons will lead you to links that explain how to add yourself without showing as a contact or waiting for approval. Unless your a security expert the only really safe way to share personal photo's with family and friends is to splurge on the 10 cents to print them and 45c to post.

Comment

Its such a shame that the minority can ruin it for the magority
                            But, It's best to be safe!!

Comment

This is the very reason that I have a website for my son, but it is password protected and the only people who have access to the password are family and close friends. Plus I dont put nude pictures of him on it anyway!

Moonblossom, I agree with you. Ads make me cringe too that have nude or semi nude children on them. Some sickos out there are enjoying that!

Comment

Working...
                              X