Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hysteroscopic metroplasty surgery

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hysteroscopic metroplasty surgery

    Hi Ladies.
    I just had my post op d&c review with my ob. andeverything is healing well which I was happy about BUT I have a conditioncalled Uterus Didelphys which means in simple terms I have two wombs and acervix for each but mine are fused together so it was much harder for people todiscover and mines very rare. My Ob. Said this could be causing my miscarriagesbecause if the baby implants in the tissue that is dividing wall of the uterithe baby won’t live due to the lack on blood supply and if the babies implantin the right spot then there is a change of having a healthy baby or growingproblems because the wombs are half the side of a normal uterus or pre-term labourand of course miscarriage.

    He had suggested that I have a surgery called Hysteroscopy metroplasty which has only been done by ahand full of people in the world with my condition because it’s so rare. Hesaid then the baby will have space to grow and I won’t go into pre-term labor.This surgery hasn’t been done before by him and many others in Australia. Iwould have to have a balloon inserted into my uterus once they have cut thewall and made it into One uterus because during the healing process the wallswill stick together so I will have to have the catheter balloon inside for aweek or so until the endo has formed enough for it to be removed.

    I want to cry because I don’tknow if it’s the right choice to do. I like being different and I’ve got soused to the fact I have two uteri and I was “special”. He said I could try fallpregnant again but I do risk the same fate as my other two early pregnancieswhich I don’t want or the rest of the risks involved. I need to consent to the surgeryin two weeks once I’ve thought about it and I don’t know what to do!!

    I’m so worried somethingwill go wrong and I won’t be able to get pregnant or even lose my uterus alltogether but he said that is such a small risk. My mom thinks it’s dangerousbut my ob is sure everything will be fine and I do trust him.

    I’m lost and have noidea what to do

  • #2
    Hi glittergirl. Me again I still haven't got an appointment to see the specialist I was refered to 3 months ago so I'm not sure how big each uterus is etc. All I know is, like you, I have two uteruses and two cervixes. I'm only on my 2nd cycle off the pill so far so no pregnancy for me yet, so I don't know if I will suffer the same problems as you with miscarriages
    BUT if anyone suggested that surgery to me I'd be sceptical as well. I'd be terffied of it going wrong like you say. I think if it was me I would keep trying to concieve for a few more months and hope the baby implants in a good spot. I think about it alot, once I actually get pregnant, will my baby be ok? I try and think of it like I'd be having twins.... they get half a uterus each right?! With the pre-term labour, I'm scared of that as well but I think its at 23 weeks a baby can survive outside the womb. I really don't want me or my baby to have to go through that, but if the other option is surgery I'm not sure if I'd want that either.
    I suppose it would help if you found out more about the surgery, but with so few people having UD and even less having the operation, I doubt there's much out there. Have you come any closer to a decision?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mischa44 View Post
      Hi glittergirl. Me again I still haven't got an appointment to see the specialist I was refered to 3 months ago so I'm not sure how big each uterus is etc. All I know is, like you, I have two uteruses and two cervixes. I'm only on my 2nd cycle off the pill so far so no pregnancy for me yet, so I don't know if I will suffer the same problems as you with miscarriages
      BUT if anyone suggested that surgery to me I'd be sceptical as well. I'd be terffied of it going wrong like you say. I think if it was me I would keep trying to concieve for a few more months and hope the baby implants in a good spot. I think about it alot, once I actually get pregnant, will my baby be ok? I try and think of it like I'd be having twins.... they get half a uterus each right?! With the pre-term labour, I'm scared of that as well but I think its at 23 weeks a baby can survive outside the womb. I really don't want me or my baby to have to go through that, but if the other option is surgery I'm not sure if I'd want that either.
      I suppose it would help if you found out more about the surgery, but with so few people having UD and even less having the operation, I doubt there's much out there. Have you come any closer to a decision?
      Hi there.

      Well since mine are fused together its easier for them to just remove the septum and make it into one kinda. I would love not to do it but atm all the drs are saying I should because baby will not grow property and die ect im so scared.

      Im thinking of doing it because all the info besides the fact its only been done a handful of times there are very positive outcomes. Atm we are 91% chance if mc and once the surgery it goes down 15% there is much more info but I cant copy and past cuz im on my phone and its too hard lol.

      When you feel your cervix are they separate are fused together?

      Comment


      • #4
        I imagine it will be a really hard decision... 91% down to 15% is really good though. But then again there's that chance that it won't work. I'm sorry I'm not much help As for my cervix(es) I'm not sure, I can't tell!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mischa44 View Post
          I imagine it will be a really hard decision... 91% down to 15% is really good though. But then again there's that chance that it won't work. I'm sorry I'm not much help As for my cervix(es) I'm not sure, I can't tell!
          Yeah I think i might go ahead if I'm not pregnant this month and if my health cover will cover it, if it doesn't then I will have to save for it and get it but I'm really hoping my health cover will cover it because I want to try after it in may.

          Comment


          • #6
            Well best of luck if you do go for it! Please keep me updated

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mischa44 View Post
              Well best of luck if you do go for it! Please keep me updated
              Thanks. Im booked in for april 17th and my health fund might not cover it as I have a waiting period on pregnancy but if they deem it as a gyno issue they will pay but if they dont then I have to pay 4k or more. I get my to be in the morning medical journal too yay lol. Please mqke sure that they have diagnosed you right as mine wasnt by my last gyno so if it wasn't for him I could have had this sorted in 2009. Mine is a rare form.on uterus didelphys

              Comment

              Working...
              X