Welcome to our new Conception & Fertility Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to our new Conception & Fertility Section

As there are so many members on the forum discussing issues specific to conception and fertility, I thought it high time that we created a separate section of the forum specifically for these topics.

As requested, I've also amended our logo in this area and removed the mum & bub part of the logo that some found upsetting.

I'll start transferring sections over now - might take a little while.

Hope you like your shining new area!

Let me know if there are extra sections that you'd like to see in here, additional features or anything else.

Feedback always appreciated

Comment

What a great idea. Im feeling very alone and lost in my ttc journey right now I think this chat forum could really help.

Comment

this is a great idea! Hi Jamaica, we were in our due in april 09 group together!
        We are starting this month to TTC #2 and i'm so nervous and scared that we'll have another long and arduous journey again...
        what i want to know is what 'old wives tales' are actually true and how can we optimise our chances of falling PG sooner rather than later.
        background: i had undiagnosed endometriosis which after being treated and one fertility tracking cycle, we fell preg naturally.
        I'm still BF but have had my periods ack since the beginning of the year, they aren't heavy or painful like before so the endo hasn't had time to grow back yet so how do we fall PG naturally without the blood test tracking ovulation etc.
        one friend says to DTD every 2nd day from end period to start period and another says to use an OPK to determine when ovulation occurs to time dtd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspat24 View Post
          this is a great idea! Hi Jamaica, we were in our due in april 09 group together!
          We are starting this month to TTC #2 and i'm so nervous and scared that we'll have another long and arduous journey again...
          what i want to know is what 'old wives tales' are actually true and how can we optimise our chances of falling PG sooner rather than later.
          background: i had undiagnosed endometriosis which after being treated and one fertility tracking cycle, we fell preg naturally.
          I'm still BF but have had my periods ack since the beginning of the year, they aren't heavy or painful like before so the endo hasn't had time to grow back yet so how do we fall PG naturally without the blood test tracking ovulation etc.
          one friend says to DTD every 2nd day from end period to start period and another says to use an OPK to determine when ovulation occurs to time dtd.
          Or you could try SMEP http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

This is what I'm currently trying, since last cycle .Though haven't been to consistant this cycle due to DD's being ill.

Comment

Oh yay, nice work H

Comment

Bumblez: thanks for that info, really informative! basically along the lines of what we were going to do anyway! I've been tracking my ovulation for the last few months and i O on day 19-20 and have a 30day cycle, so the luteal phase defect is interesting; although i'm only 26, we saidwe'll give it 3-6 months of proper trying and then we'll go see the doc and see whats happening

Comment

I have an lp of 9 - 10 days(I o between cd 18- 22) and am triling vit b6 atm.(I suspect most of my problems is bfing realted as prolactin has an impact on lp which vit b6 helps with I have heard wonders about vitex for lp as well but I'm a little causious about vitex and for me vit b6 was the better option. Have only been taking it for 1.5 cycles now. Last month I took 50 mg per day but didnt notice a difference (though they say it can take a couple of cycles) this month I've had 100mg per day, so will see how it goes. Next cycle will be swiching from just plain b6 to a mega b with all the b group vits as I have recently read that b12 helps with the absortion of b6.

Comment

i'm still BFing too! wow thats really interesting. I'm taking blackmores preg and BF gold vitamins. Do you think i should take B6 on top of that?

Comment

Wonderful

Comment

The way I found out about vit b6 was through the chemist so maybe check there. The amount of b6 in the preg multi is so tiny but you may want to check and make sure that it wont harm your milk supply. Maddi is almost 18 mths now so I wasnt to worried tbh.Dr google has heaps on b6 i just typed in b6 ttc.

Comment

Working...
                      X