Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping to find gestational surrogate in Australia

Hi,

the short story is in my siggie. The long story is REALLY long. I have conceived 'naturally' 6 times. Two ended in ectopic, the other four in early miscarriages. I have done IVF with PGD twice, and had only two normal embryos to replace. In that cycle I got a BFP but suffered yet another early miscarriage.

I have just this month lost my seventh pregnancy (eighth child) and am emotionally exhausted. My husband and I have been together 13 years and really want children, but the prospect of having them is rapidly receding.

We hope that the timing is right for a generous and incredible person out there who is thinking of becoming a surrogate, and would consider wanting to match with us.

ETA: as of October 2010, I have found my surro angel. Thank you to everyone who has supported me so far during this journey. xx
    Last edited by panamahat; 06-10-2010, 11:26.

Bump.

Comment

pam welcome to b&h your story is just like our story good luck with your searching and just hang in there your will come along cya jojo

Comment

I really wish I could help you, although im only 23 I have wanted to do this for someone and help them have their beautiful little baby, but DP will not allow it he has made it clear if I was going to go down this path we could no longer be together .

Makes me so sad to read these stories when I could help but if I did I risk my family.

Hope you find a wonderful person willing to help you.

Comment

wh i fell so for you jojo

Comment

how does this work in Australia is it legal

have only seen the stories of people doing it in India, which seems to be the latest thing

Comment

Yes, it is legal in many states in Australia. Here is a link from the Reproductive Technology Council of WA which will give you a brief overview of the legalities, at least in this State.

http://www.rtc.org.au/consumer/surrogacy_wa.html

I have heard about the Indian option too, but at the moment I would prefer to work with someone in this country if at all possible. I would ideally like a very close relationship with my GS, who would also ideally want to keep a close relationship with our child. For this to happen, it would be better if we lived closer together.

Comment

Jo Anne and Whispers,

thanks for thinking of me

Comment

hello pan you are welcome take care jojo

Comment

hi panamahat

where abouts are you?

Comment

Hi Mishy,

I live in the south west of western australia. Where are you?

Comment

PH

I have conceived 'naturally' 6 times. Two ended in ectopic, the other four in early miscarriages. I have done IVF with PGD twice, and had only two normal embryos to replace. In that cycle I got a BFP but suffered yet another early miscarriage.
                        I don't know your full story and am only going off what I have read in this post:

To me this actually indicates that you would be better off with a TS rather than a GS. As there appears to be an 'issue' with the embryo's possibly. It's just that you might very well face the same sort of results with a GS (m/c).

There is still a lot not understood about embie quality - has there actually been any issues that it indicates implantation? What sort of results came from recurrent m/c testing (obviously something for PGD to be undertaken).

I personally recommend considering doing a egg donor cycle and seeing if the 'change' of eggs is likely to bring a different result. Also when you did PGD did they also do a SCSA or tunnel assay on the DNA in your DP/DH sperm?
                        Just this can be a cause of m/c.

I personally think that either ED or TS is going to provide you with more of a result or at least more information.

Good Luck

Comment

Hi Jackie,

My husband's SCSA came back fine. I have had every test known to man for recurrent miscarriage. I have high thromboelastography and just discovered a reverseT3 issue.

I have an egg donor lined up for next year, and if I can get my thyroid sorted out before she cycles, I might put an embie back in me. I agree it is likely an egg issue and worth a shot. However, reverse T3 dominance also is a cause of early miscarriage and I would hate to waste her embryos in a crappy environment.

So, if I can't get the thyroid issues sorted out, then I will want a GS. I don't want a TS only because I want to use my friend's eggs. She lives in the same town and our children will be close.

Does this make a bit more sense? Sorry I wasn't clearer earlier!

Simone

Comment

PH thanks for explaining it a bit more.

So my question now is with your friend being an ED for you - I am guessing she is not comfortable with being TS?

Are you planning on using the ED created embies in a GS situation?

Or are you planning on using embies created from your own genetics?

Just am now a little lost with this comment
                            I don't want a TS only because I want to use my friend's eggs
                            good luck

Comment

Yes, my ED does not want to be a surrogate. I am hoping, ideally, to find a surrogate to carry her embies. If that is not possible in the short term, I will replace them in my own womb, but only if my thyroid issue is sorted out first.

Also, I would like to cycle with my own eggs, freeze some embryos if there are any after PGD, and try with them in a surrogate, if it turns out that accessing a clinic who will take a GS with ED is too hard.

Basically, I am just trying to cover all bases, with a lot of unknown variables. It is difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X