No announcement yet.

Paying next to nothing after subsidy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying next to nothing after subsidy???

Hi,
    DS is in childcare 2 days a week and before the subsidy came into effect, we were paying $420 a fortnight and receiving about $90 a week back in rebate. After applying for the subsidy we are paying $205 a fortnight and still getting the $90 a week back. This means we're only out of pocket around $10 a week in fees. It doesn't seem right. Not that I'm complaining, but I don't want to get hit with a big payback somewhere along the line. Did I make a mistake somewhere? Going to check with Centrelink (dread) but wanted to know if this was the case with anyone else?

I dont understand how you are getting money back?

Comment

Same! I'm scared I'm going to get busted for fraud or something. Not sure where the problem is...

Comment

Paying next to nothing after subsidy???

Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
        I dont understand how you are getting money back?
        Yes this. The new subsidy is only paid direct to the centre. Maybe the payment you just received was for before the new system came into affect (ie it’s paid after you pay the child care fees)? It’s only been a week!
        Last edited by babyno1onboard; 07-07-2018, 13:36.

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
          Yes this. The new subsidy is only paid direct to the centre. Maybe the payment you just received was for before the new system came into affect (ie it’s paid after you pay the child care fees)? It’s only been a week!
          I'm thinking this might be it. We're no longer supposed to get any rebate at all under the new scheme, right?

Comment

Doesn’t Sound right to me either. Have you under estimated by to much. I know a single Mum and even she is going to paying more then that in daycare while working 2 days a week

Comment

I overestimated 🤷🏻‍♀️

Comment

Maybe have a look online and put your figures in and see what it comes back at. I tried calling them all week and didn’t get through and if I did I was cut off

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=83766]babybeeno1[/MENTION] calling them is a last resort, I'm sure you'd agree ugh

Comment

Working...
                  X