Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vent- need some help/other options

hi there
    my son has been going to daycare 2 days per week, and he REALLY loves it there. I DONT love the fact that every time i take him there he comes home with yet another dose of bronchiolitis (sp) or some other flu/infection. Its driving me nuts.

This is how bad it is...

I am now 15 weeks pregnant, during those whole 15 weeks, he has been to daycare TWICE!!! and spent the rest of the time recovering from illnesses contracted from there!

I have got quals in childcare, i know how they are MEANT to operate, and when they are meant to exclude kids because they are sick. The last 2 times he has been there are kids there who shouldve been excluded (sent home) because they were too sick to be there (ie, blowing green snot bubbles from their noses etc) its really quite gross.

Now, not only do i have my sons medical bills to pay for, i also just got hit with a $250 bill from the childcare centre for the days he was absent!!! WTF? i even called to let them know he wouldnt be there as he was sick yet again!!

I just dont know what to do...What other options do i have?

Should i be going to complain about the centre? and who do i complain to?

I really want my son to do some kind of kindy or something..he benefits from it heaps (apart from gaining colds lol) but the social, developmental, etc side i really love.

Can someone help me? Do all centres make you pay for absent days? Ive heard kindergartens dont make u pay, only for the time he is there..is that right?

Anyways, sorry for the length of the post, any advice would be really appreicated..thanks!

Oh and he turns 3 in october if that helps!

All the centres my kids have been to, I have always had to pay for sick days.

Can you speak to the Director there??

Other than that, I don't have any advice.

Sorry.

Hope you get some answers

Comment

Daycare centres need parents to pay for sick days because the child has a spot at the centre for that day.
      The director can't just slot another child in for the one day. Can you imagine if everyone didn't pay for sick days? How would the staff be paid..they are still there regardless.
      As to the noses...the children should be at home.

Comment

How long has your DS been going to childcare??? Children always catch everything in the first 6-12mths that they go it builds up their immune system.

Originally posted by baylismum View Post
        The last 2 times he has been there are kids there who shouldve been excluded (sent home) because they were too sick to be there (ie, blowing green snot bubbles from their noses etc) its really quite gross.
        This is true (about being exclude), but i work in childcare & i cant tell you how many times we have called parents to come & pick up their child because they are sick & have them show up hours later, then they bring them in the next day after giving them nurofen & we have to do the same thing again. It could be the same for your centre.
        As for the green noses each centre should have a policy about this.

As somone else said you have to pay for everyday your child is booked in reguardless of if they sick or p/h etc, so the staff get paid.

Comment

Working...
        X