How many of us are there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of us are there???

Ok, just got me thinking, how many of us bubhubbers have children with special needs?

*puts hand up!*

My DD1, Emily, has Down syndrome.

So... who are you and what is your child's disability/ special needs?

I'm kind of 1/2 putting my hand up! As most of you know Maia (dd2) has the label "Undiagnosed Condition" or "Suspected Syndrome"

Lunar - Emily has a beautiful name

Comment

Hi,

DD has asperger's, but seems to be coping not too badly these days. Although she has her moments....

Comment

Megan has confirmed Congenital Disorder of Glycosalation 1A........... only around 10 of us in Australia. She is has a faulty enzyme that is a building block in linking sugars to proteins!!!!

Comment

Thomas has got Spina Bifida & is very developmentally delayed.

Comment

I dont know if i fit in here.

My Ds1 has ADHD, ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) and suspected SID (Sensory Intergration dysfunction). One Dr also believes he may possibly have Aspergers
            Last edited by werdxela; 14-02-2007, 22:22. Reason: my grammar sux

Comment

my Ds1 is almost 22 months he has hearing loss in both ears, we find out next week if its fixable by grommets or not. he doesnt talk either thats how much his hearing has affected his speech
              he also has asthma and eczema and allergies he's a handful

Comment

Originally posted by werdxela View Post
                I dont know if i fit in here.
                Our children may have different levels of disabilities, whether it be a crippling disease or a minor ailment, but they are all children with Special Needs . So yes, you fit in here
                When dd2 was younger I wouldn't have wanted to be in here (no offence!!) but I've come to accept and realise that we do belong here, I do have a special daughter, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. While all kids are special, I just have an extra special one! And the help and support I've received from the other BHer's has guided and uplifted me throughout my BH life.

Comment

Originally posted by gremily View Post
                  Our children may have different levels of disabilities, whether it be a crippling disease or a minor ailment, but they are all children with Special Needs . So yes, you fit in here
                  When dd2 was younger I wouldn't have wanted to be in here (no offence!!) but I've come to accept and realise that we do belong here, I do have a special daughter, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. While all kids are special, I just have an extra special one! And the help and support I've received from the other BHer's has guided and uplifted me throughout my BH life.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!

Comment

My DS2 who is 4 has autism (mild, high functioning).

Comment

I thought maybe I didnt fit in here either as it's not a physical or major mental disability, but you've set me straight!

DD #1 has a stutter, speech language delay, developmentally delayed and suspected central auditary processing disorder.

Comment

Hi Guys

I don't have a child with special needs so I really don't fit in here. I did however work with children and their families with special needs of all sorts for years. I have seen the good and the bad or these families and shared many of these with them.

I just wanted to take the time to say you are also very special as parents and hang in there when times get tough! It takes lots of patience and perseverance but it is all worth it!

Just remember your children may have special needs but you are truly special parents!

Love Sarah

Comment

It's funny u say that, lots of people tell me I'm must be special to raise my daughter, but actually I just feel like a normal person getting on however I can. Thank-you for your thoughts

Comment

Hello, my Charlie has PNH (a neurological condition) and has significant development delay in all areas. He's been on medication his whole life (2 years), he came off them on 20 Jan and is now completely med free. He is alot more switched on since coming off them so we are striving for big things this year

Comment

My DD has cerebral Palsy.

Comment

Working...
                              X