Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Mums of autistic kids-how many of us are there (#4) ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Mage I hope your mum is okay. And glad to hear you're all surviving the holidays!

Holidays are going okay here. We moved last weekend and kids are loving having their own rooms. DD is a little out of sorts, which isn't really a surprise. I'm assuming a combination of the move and the lack of structure that school holidays bring. We've got a few activities planned for next week which should hopefully keep both kids amused and not whinging about how bored they are!

Comment

• Tattoo I got for DS2 last weekend. I didn’t want the puzzle piece 🧩 don’t get me wrong I love the puzzle piece tattoos but I saw a watercolour heart and thought this describes my little guy perfectly, he is like a colour explosion always bright, happy and beautifulIMG_2597.jpg

Comment

• That is so beautiful and perfect loodle!!!

Comment

• I missed that earlier - looks great [MENTION=73505]loodle[/MENTION]

Comment

• DD had her first cubs day trip and sleepover last night. I tried very hard not to think about everything that could go wrong! She was so excited. We had a couple of nights practice on the air mattress with a sleeping bag to get her used to it. And then I got a call today to say she'd been sick this morning What terrible timing to get a stomach bug. She says she didn't feel sick during the night or yesterday though so hopefully she had fun. Very little sleep was had by the sound of it and she's curled up in bed recovering. She won't say much about what happened - I think a full day with people, lots of anxiety about the unknown and being sick will take a lot out of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by sajimum View Post
              DD had her first cubs day trip and sleepover last night. I tried very hard not to think about everything that could go wrong! She was so excited. We had a couple of nights practice on the air mattress with a sleeping bag to get her used to it. And then I got a call today to say she'd been sick this morning What terrible timing to get a stomach bug. She says she didn't feel sick during the night or yesterday though so hopefully she had fun. Very little sleep was had by the sound of it and she's curled up in bed recovering. She won't say much about what happened - I think a full day with people, lots of anxiety about the unknown and being sick will take a lot out of her.
              Poor possum. One thing being sick on a trip that's meant to be fun. But being sick away from home is hard too.
              Happened to me when I was little too.
              Hopefully she is feeling better soon and she can start enjoying her trip. Once she settles maybe the anxiety will fade away.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Mage View Post
                Poor possum. One thing being sick on a trip that's meant to be fun. But being sick away from home is hard too.
                Happened to me when I was little too.
                Hopefully she is feeling better soon and she can start enjoying her trip. Once she settles maybe the anxiety will fade away.
                It was just one night (practicing for a camp in September) so it just meant she came home early. She seems okay with the whole thing now it's over. DH is thinking of going along on the camp too so that might be a bit easier on her.

Comment

• Hey [MENTION=53844]sajimum[/MENTION] your inbox is full.

Man, I can't believe this term is coming to an end....

Comment

• Originally posted by White Mage View Post
                    Hey @sajimum your inbox is full.

Man, I can't believe this term is coming to an end....
                    Sorted!!

I think this term has gone so quickly. Even DD commented yesterday that she can't believe it's nearly done. Still have school production to get through but not long to go now.

Comment

• We met a psychiatrist for first consult today. We're looking at trialing zoloft in a few weeks to manage the anxiety, we're all at breaking point. I mean his
                      Anxiety is complete with physical symptoms including chest pain and nausea. He's got reduced executive function, constant psychomotor agitation, he's emotionally labile, never hungry/won't eat, and poor sleep despite melatonin. Bring on the 16th

Comment

• Originally posted by Izy View Post
                        We met a psychiatrist for first consult today. We're looking at trialing zoloft in a few weeks to manage the anxiety, we're all at breaking point. I mean his
                        Anxiety is complete with physical symptoms including chest pain and nausea. He's got reduced executive function, constant psychomotor agitation, he's emotionally labile, never hungry/won't eat, and poor sleep despite melatonin. Bring on the 16th
                        Ou my! I really hope the zoloft helps! Nothing worse then feeling as well as anxious
                        Keep us updated on how the trial goes.

Comment

• Will do. I just wish I could start it with him sooner

Comment

• How has it been so far [MENTION=26812]Izy[/MENTION] ?

Comment

• Honestly... A game changer. In just 3 days he was able to think and reason. He had conversations with mum and I on things other than terraria. He was able to joke and play with the dog, and he's eating again.

He even told me yesterday morning that he was 'surprised' he felt well, cause he had felt sick the other night. When I asked him what the sick felt like he explained sleepiness!!! His eyes were heavy and his body didn't want to do anything. Lmfao
                              Perhaps this is why his sleep has been terrible... He didn't actually experience sleepiness cause he was just too anxious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Izy View Post
                                Honestly... A game changer. In just 3 days he was able to think and reason. He had conversations with mum and I on things other than terraria. He was able to joke and play with the dog, and he's eating again.

He even told me yesterday morning that he was 'surprised' he felt well, cause he had felt sick the other night. When I asked him what the sick felt like he explained sleepiness!!! His eyes were heavy and his body didn't want to do anything. Lmfao
                                Perhaps this is why his sleep has been terrible... He didn't actually experience sleepiness cause he was just too anxious!

Oh that is great news!! So happy for you both. They say if its a good fit you will see positive changes quickly. Just think where he will be at in a few weeks!

Comment

Working...
                                X