Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinio.s on visitation

Hgh
    Last edited by missymoo9; 02-02-2012, 12:36.

The police also told me to get custody so he can't take them, I havent as I'm so scared of going to court or him getting custody.

He honestly CANT look after the kids, he use to scream abuse at our kids when they were newborns. He was violent with disapline.
    Last edited by missymoo9; 14-01-2012, 18:35.

Comment

I would be seeking urgent legal advice! Have you moved since then? Does he know where you live? Can you get a AVO/DVO against him? My ex is also violent and has only ever had supervised visits in public places. The main thing is you need to stay strong for your kids sake. Be prepared for him to push you for un-supervised contact (my ex does it all the time). Have you got any males in your life (father, brothers, BILs etc) who can be there for visitation so you have someone to back you up and throw him out if he starts? I hope for your childrens sake (and yours) that he stays away.

Comment

I think going for full custody will be your best option. He is never going to get any custody with his past behavior, especially as he has a record of violence with the police. Good luck to you and your children. I also don't think it childish to not want to have him labelled dad. If you are concerned about his visit you could call the local police to inform them about it and ask for some advice on what to do. I think it's a great idea that you ate going to only allow the visit at your mothers house.

Comment

dropped the charges - get your self a good support system if possible and get the charges back and don't let him get away with it again

but like BRBgoneinsane said legal advice you need to get these things right the first time

Comment

The best indicator for future behavior is past behavior. Sort out custody ASAP. Go to the police and inform them of his return.

Comment

I live in the same house, he knows where I live, he's moving to the same suburb. I'm hoping to move in the coming months. I don't have the money for a lawyer.My family including my mum are ok with him, they sit there and say they know how nasty and violent he is and all he's done yet they are all chatty to him.

Comment

Legal aid is free I think

Comment

Go and see a lawyer at your local community legal centre, their services are free and they will provide you with advice and possibly representation in court.

Comment

Working...
                  X