Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *%$# child support and c/link!

grrrr where do i start...

well this morning i got a letter..from csa, saying my assessment for DS has changed. ok, how can it get any lower i think, he doesnt even pay the 26.67

erm, its gone up...to $301 a month

yes, I almost fainted. I rang csa to check that it was correct. yep its correct.
    you think i would be happy right?

wrong.

he doesnt pay the 26.67 why would he pay 301?
    so now im stressing thinking centerlink is gonna take some of my pay, assuming im getting 301 even if i dont.

so i ring them. yep, 50c out of the dollar i will lose now. even if i dont get the money of CSA(well the ex)

so how the hell am I meant to live? I already am owed 420 a month from DDs dad(that i dont get) so i lose a certain amount from that, now i will be losing another 50c in every dollar for the 301 a month i wont get!

so all up, im NOT getting 721 a month child support, and centerlink will take even more money regardless

Im not sure but i think you can tell centerlink that you dont receive either csa payments from your ex and
    i think you can chose another option where you receive your full centerlink benefits until you are paid what you are owing and they then work out how much you are allowed to keep (ie if ex suddenly paid you a lump sum for the errors, you would have to let them know so that they could deduct a percentage of it out as you would have been receiving the full amount of centerlink payments in the mean time).

So give centerlink a call and tell them what is happening.

Comment

You poor thing, surely you need to speak to someone else at centrelink??

Is your ex working? Because the child support should be taken out of his nett pay and sent to the CSA, then they put into your bank account.

Hope it gets sorted out.

Comment

Call CSA and tell them you now have a private agreement with your ex. That means that you have to sort it out between the two of you. But in reality you won't bother chasing him cause he won't pay it anyway. It won't affect your centrelink payments anymore.

Comment

Can't CSA deduct the amount directly from their pay?

Comment

i did. they said i have to wait and see for 6 weeks or so if i get any payments, then call back. but even if they replace SOME of what i lose, if i get any payments i will be overpaid and have a centerlink debt. this is so screwed i know he wont pay it.
            and that is still 6 weeks(so three centerlink pays) where i will lose that money

Comment

they could but they havent in the last 4.5 years..
              they just expect him to pay. everytime he doesnt pay they NEVER follow him up. they say they can, but they dont.

Comment

If CSA aren't garnishing his wages and there is proof of him having not paid any CS then Centrelink will fix your PPS payment.

ETA: Keep on CSA's a$$ about it because my Dad NEVER paid CS to my Mum and she used to ring CSA everyday and have a go at them, they eventually got sick of her and chased him up. His WHOLE wage is now garnished.

Comment

Originally posted by OneBabyBoy View Post
                  Call CSA and tell them you now have a private agreement with your ex. That means that you have to sort it out between the two of you. But in reality you won't bother chasing him cause he won't pay it anyway. It won't affect your centrelink payments anymore.
                  doesnt work that way, you still have an assessment in place, so they still think you get CS.

Comment

Could you call and ask to speak to a supervisor/manager and ask them to explain to you exactly how you are supposed to live!!!
                    How stressful
                    Bubhub should have an online centrelink/CSA/family assistance expert!!

Comment

Originally posted by noahsmama View Post
                      His WHOLE wage is now garnished.
                      If that was my ex he would just quit his job.

Originally posted by Lirael View Post
                      doesnt work that way, you still have an assessment in place, so they still think you get CS.
                      It seems to work for us? I hope someone there can sort something out for you, I can imagine how stressed you are.

Comment

Oh I'd be ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing until they'd fixed it. on them!

I hope it gets sorted out soon

Comment

they dont give a stuff how im supposed to live. they wont do anything. they already know how much im struggling, and they dont care. they go by protocol not compassion. i rang them to see if i owed any money, they said no, we owe you, so when that money came in i out all but a very small amount onto bills. then, surprise, i get a letter saying i owe them money..and it was dont the day AFTER i rang asking if i owed them

Comment

Originally posted by OneBabyBoy View Post

It seems to work for us? I hope someone there can sort something out for you, I can imagine how stressed you are.
                            well my DDs dad and i had a private agreement and they still knew how much i was menat to get every month and reduced my payments...

Comment

Don't they take it out of his weekly earning before he receives it ? Or would he have to agree to that.

I know exactly how frustrating it is.. I have received one CS cheque to the sum of $9.13 in the last year and a half now for 3 kids. Great father eh ? Oh and the way that he gets around it is that he works cash in hand which they don't know about so that he pays minimal CS, which he doesn't pay anyway.

Cel, I suggest that you get a walk in appointment to see a case worker in Centrelink.. and while you're at it take in a bank transaction for the last 6 months to show that that you haven't received any extra funds whatsoever from their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                              X