Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info On Importing Donor Sperm & Where Accepts It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it was in Sydney but I would assume that the partnership with the OS sperm bank would be across all their clinics

Comment

Hi [MENTION=152092]Mac8508[/MENTION]. Genea has a partnership with Fairfax Cryobank and IVFA has a partnership with Xytex, Cryos and European Sperm Bank. As you probably know the laws vary from state to state so where you get treatment will affect how long you will have to wait.

Comment

Thank you guys, yes things vary so much. Just been doing some research and it can be a bit overwhelming

Comment

Hi,

i was wondering how this turned out for you as I’m about to start my application.

Any advice or expertise I’d love to chat more.

Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
          Hi Stuffnthings,
          Im also in Vic and have found that it *is* possible to import into clinics in Vic- they just don't like doing it! I had a very nice chat with a lady from the Victorian regulatory body (VARTA) who assured me it can be done, and has successfully been done in Vic. There is a bit of a process to go through but it didnt sound that bad- I will be starting the application to import soon. It needs to be imported into a clinic- I know of one that accepts it, and am waiting from another to confirm. So its not that you cant do it, its just the clinics would rather use their own supplies. Maybe they make more income from own supplies??? One clinic said that they didnt use imported supplies because they "couldnt be sure of where it came from"- but if it satisfies the strict Victorian legislation, then Im not sure if the clinics own rules could be any better?
          I would be interested to hear how you got on with your search for clinics interstate- best of luck and feel free to PM me to swap notes if interested

Comment

Hi [MENTION=17208]littleone[/MENTION]

I’ve heard you can choose your own donor at Repromed in Adelaide (I think you can choose your own from California Cryobank, not sure if they have other sperm banks you can choose from too?).

IVF Australia in Canberra was allowing you to choose your own donor from Cryos in Denmark but I believe they’ve stopped that now.

I’d love to hear if the pp managed to import into Vic!

R

Comment

Hi [MENTION=149410]Risa78[/MENTION]

Unfortunately I can’t help with the specific query of importing sperm.

We went through MIVF in 2018 and they do have US donors from California Cryobank. These include detailed profiles and photographs. However! You can only choose from the MIVF approved list - you can’t find a donor that you like from the overall California Cryobank list.

Cheers
              PyPy

Comment

Originally posted by littleone11 View Post
                Hi,

i was wondering how this turned out for you as I’m about to start my application.

Any advice or expertise I’d love to chat more.
                Sorry, I only just saw this! You're probably well under way now. In the end we decided that a local doner would work better for us and our family. There are some Vic clinics who have recruited OS doners that have met the VARTA requirements, but the numbers are limited (one of the VARTA requirements! ).

Comment

Originally posted by PyPy View Post
                  Hi [MENTION=149410]Risa78[/MENTION]

Unfortunately I can’t help with the specific query of importing sperm.

We went through MIVF in 2018 and they do have US donors from California Cryobank. These include detailed profiles and photographs. However! You can only choose from the MIVF approved list - you can’t find a donor that you like from the overall California Cryobank list.

Cheers
                  PyPy
                  Yes that’s my understanding too.

Thx

R

Comment

Working...
                  X