Hey 40yr+ mums and dads over here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cairnsmum8 View Post
    Hi Gilly76 - congratulations on baby #4! How old are your other 3 kids?

Oceanenity - hope you are doing ok. Just sit back and put your feet up - you deserve it!! It wont be long and you'll be wishing you had the time to put your feet up! LOL

I'm just hitting my 3rd trimester, and finally have some more energy. Thankfully my pregnancy has been non eventful so far - only the normal leg cramps and this time around i'm really feeling the ligament pain. We're now booked in for a c-section on the 9th March, so have 12 weeks to go (and counting) ....and maybe able to have a glass of bubbles for my 40th on the 17th March! We just had a little family holiday and now i'm back working - so don't feel like working any more...i want to start assembling the cot and shopping for whatever else i need! Getting excited......THis weekend we're visiting a friend who just had their 1st (2wks ago) and it'll be the 1st baby i've held since mine 6 yrs ago! Hope you both have a great weekend!
    [MENTION=96182]Cairnsmum8[/MENTION] thanks for that😀
    My kids are
    Daughter 23
    Son 20, soon to be 21
    Son 10 tomorrow

Comment

• Hi blossom74. And welcome.
      Awesome Gilly. My 19 year old can be dramatic also 😂 divas they are these days.
      The 15 year old is very excited as is my 11 step daughter. I’m almost 31 weeks but waited til 12 weeks also to tell everyone just in case. , we had a bleed around 8 weeks so the fear of that we knew we’d wait. Is your man younger ? Mine is 31 to my 43.

Comment

• Originally posted by oceanentity View Post
        Hi blossom74. And welcome.
        Awesome Gilly. My 19 year old can be dramatic also 😂 divas they are these days.
        The 15 year old is very excited as is my 11 step daughter. I’m almost 31 weeks but waited til 12 weeks also to tell everyone just in case. , we had a bleed around 8 weeks so the fear of that we knew we’d wait. Is your man younger ? Mine is 31 to my 43.
        I was 41 in June and my partner was 47 also in June. 😀

Comment

• So tired

Hi ladies,
          My gosh, i just had the gestational diabetes test, and after coming home and having lunch i was sooooo tired. I think i slept for 1.5hrs. usually if i'm tired i have a 15-20 min nap, so this was a bit unexpected, especially after finally feeling like i have so much energy.

Hope everyone is doing well...

Comment

• Excited much, had my scan today and saw the heartbeat. I'm due on the 8/8/18😀 how is everyone going? IMAG1652.jpg

Comment

• Congratulations Gilly - that's so exciting!!!

I've got a bad case of nesting at the moment - already started buying baby shampoo and stuff. I'm wanting to use organic products and familiar with Gaia products, but does anyone have any knowledge on other products? I also brought some nappies (i know a bit ahead of myself LOL) the "thankyou" brand - they seem to have good ethics according to the box!

I even considered liquid castille soap and diluting to make my own baby wash and cleaning products - but can't really find anywhere that sells without having to buy a truckload. Let me know if anyone has looked into organic baby products please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cairnsmum8 View Post
                Congratulations Gilly - that's so exciting!!!

I've got a bad case of nesting at the moment - already started buying baby shampoo and stuff. I'm wanting to use organic products and familiar with Gaia products, but does anyone have any knowledge on other products? I also brought some nappies (i know a bit ahead of myself LOL) the "thankyou" brand - they seem to have good ethics according to the box!

I even considered liquid castille soap and diluting to make my own baby wash and cleaning products - but can't really find anywhere that sells without having to buy a truckload. Let me know if anyone has looked into organic baby products please.
                I'm busting to buy stuff as well but not started just yet, I just need to get through Christmas and back to school then I'll start stocking up. I'm going organic as well and I love Dr Bonner Castle Soap. So pure and do good for sensitive skin. I was under the impression you can buy Dr. Bonner in bulk online, I'm yet to fully investigate but I just usually get mine from way organics.

I'm looking into bamboo clothing and wraps just trying to find a physical shop or an online store that I can get a good variety.

As for nappies ate you going cloth or disposable? My cousin went cloth with cloth wipes but I'm personally wanting just disposable nappies.

I'm in Toowoomba so have limited options so leaning towards online shopping. Though I Am heading to the gold coast after Christmas so if anyone knows a good organic baby clothing place I'd be keen to know 😊

Comment

• Gilly.

Congratulations Gilly ! Those first scans are awesome !!!! Very exciting. My last day at work is tomorrow. I can’t wait to be honest. I’m a nurse in agedcare , I don’t know if it’s the pregnancy but ppl here are *****y and mean I can’t wait to get out. Well and trully over it.

Comment

• I’ve got the diabetes.

Originally posted by Cairnsmum8 View Post
                    Hi ladies,
                    My gosh, i just had the gestational diabetes test, and after coming home and having lunch i was sooooo tired. I think i slept for 1.5hrs. usually if i'm tired i have a 15-20 min nap, so this was a bit unexpected, especially after finally feeling like i have so much energy.

Hope everyone is doing well...
                    I’m so tired right now. The insulin and checking blood sugars I’m over it. Having a downer day. Last day at work tomorrow. I can’t wait. The environment here with staff is toxic I want out !!

Comment

Congratulations Gilly ! Those first scans are awesome !!!! Very exciting. My last day at work is tomorrow. I can’t wait to be honest. I’m a nurse in agedcare , I don’t know if it’s the pregnancy but ppl here are *****y and mean I can’t wait to get out. Well and trully over it.
                      Well not long to go now and you can be a lady of leisure. Are you all organised for the baby and do you know what you are having?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilly76 View Post
                        Well not long to go now and you can be a lady of leisure. Are you all organised for the baby and do you know what you are having?
                        hi ... i called in a sickie on my last day ! so I'm having the biggest relaxing stress free day today and loving it ! were having a girl and yes I'm almost organised .... getting the car seat tomorrow after our scan . i found my chemist has cetaphil baby products ... shower and massage oil ... i use cetaphil myself which i find awesome. how about you how are you ?

Comment

hi ... i called in a sickie on my last day ! so I'm having the biggest relaxing stress free day today and loving it ! were having a girl and yes I'm almost organised .... getting the car seat tomorrow after our scan . i found my chemist has cetaphil baby products ... shower and massage oil ... i use cetaphil myself which i find awesome. how about you how are you ?
                          How exciting for you and good on you! Relaxing days are great aren't they Ohhh a baby girl... How sweet. Have you decided on a name yet or do you have a few picked out? All the best with buying a car seat, let me know what one you decide on. As for me, I'm just exhaustedall the time and the heat doesn't help so I've cranked up the air con haha. I'm over feeling nauseous that's for sure.

Comment

• Hi. We’re calling her Olivia ( my baby brain almost typed Gilly ) . We looked at a few baby seats today. The 0 To 4 Years look good. Baby bunting if you book in fit it for like $40 . We’re researching tonight took some snap shots of the ones we like. And will see if there’s any forums relating. Then go back
                            Boxing Day sales 40% off stuff. Do
                            U know what sex of Bub you’re having ? Decided on names too ? Where do u live ?

Comment

Working...
                            X