Glenden!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenden!!!

Anyone live in Glenden, moving there later in the year and was hoping to establish some friends there!

ATM i have a 6yr old daughter, 2yr old daughter and a 6 week old son.
    Hubby works at Newlands.

Would love to chat with anyone from the area!!

Hi !!!

I know this was written awhile ago but did you end up moving to glenden?
    I am also moving there in jan 2013 and will know no one but my partner and our 7 month old daughter .
    If you did move there was it easy to meet new people, I am a little shy so not sure how I will go .
    How is living in glenden going for you and your family ?

Comment

Hi, yes I did move to Glenden a few months ago. So far so good. It's a small town and most people are super friendly. It hasn't been too hard to make friends. There is a play group and a mothers group although I haven't actually attended those yet as the times usually clashed with my buns sleep times but I have made friends with hubby's work mates wife's and girlfriends and their friends and so on. Very friendly town. I will pm you my email address and we can stay in touch, I can answers whatever questions you have

Comment

Thanks,

Great to hear it is a friendly place. Yes I was looking at their newsletter on the web and it did mention the mothers group and playgroup, I think I might go and have a look. Not sure how many people on my partner's crew live there with familys but I will find out in a month
        I have been to Glenden maybe 15years ago when i use to do ponyclub but I cant remember much...way to long ago. Thanks nikkibruce, be nice to keep in touch.

Comment

Hi Foxxy,
          have you made it to Glenden yet??

Comment

Hello, I moved to Glenden with my hubby and two kids a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to Glenden, I hope you like it.

It is a nice little place and we have now been here for 2 months.
              I have made 1 good friend here and have meet some lovely girls so far,
              only thing is i am really shy which does not help but i am still yet to head to the gecko playgroup, I belive it is on a wed morning each week.
              Bingo on tues is fun as well and a good way to meet people (children are welcome).

Let me know if you would like to catch up over a tea or coffee for a chat.

Comment

Wlcome!!!! How have you found Glenden so far. I've been here since September and its a nice little palce. Takes a little while to get used tot eh limited things to do and go but most people are friendly and helpful i have found.

I'm happy to catch up sometime for a coffee, Dayna a i are planning a catch up too.

Also in adddition to bingo and playgroup, during school holidays the library has free art and crafts from 10 to 11, ony a few days left but if your kids are 4 and up its a great entertainer.

Comment

Thanks! Glenden is a nice little place, and the people seem friendly.

I am also very shy, so I haven't met a lot of people yet, or been to any playgroups. Thanks for the suggestions, might try the arts & crafts with the kids, bingo also sounds like fun.

Would love to meet up with you both for a coffee sometime

Comment

Working...
                  X