Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit mums in Sydney

Hi everyone
    I moved to Sydney at the beginning of August and would love to meet up with any Brits out there. Does anyone have regular get togethers? I'm getting a little bit homesick so would love to share a coffee - or bottle of wine might be better! - with any other mums.
    Emma x

Hi there!! My name is Natasha and i have lived here for about 4 years now. (originally from Cheshire UK) I know all about the homesickness, but believe me, its nothing a bottle of wine cant fix!
    I dont think we have any regular get togethers for expats living out here, however we do have a monthly meet up (all people living around sydney)whether its a girls night out or a meet with the kiddies. Its under the NSW meet section, right at the bottom of the screen. Would love to see you there!

Oh whereabouts do u live? I'd love to catch up with you for a coffee or wine night!

Comment

Another Brit been here over 8 years but grrr we're going to the UK next year for my better half to work for 3-5 years then we're coming back I am in Sydney, it gets better trust me you feel homesick then you think...what am I really missing lol

Comment

Brit mums in Sydney

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm living in Double Bay so if anyone's near by let me know. I promise I won't be a whinging pom - my homesickness seems to have disappeared for now!
        Emma x

Comment

There's a British Expats website. Check out the discussion forums which contains a, 'meet up's' section.
          http://britishexpats.com/

All the best.

Comment

Need to talk

Hi Everyone in Sydney,

I moved in July 08, & had the baby in Dec 08.
            Would love to meet & greet others with children. I have an older child, just turned 4, looking for active social life - I cannot have the bottle of wine due to feeding duties, but would love to greet & meet

Comment

JL - looks like your replied to a really old thread. Maybe you could check out the nsw area in the meet section.

Where abouts in Sydney are you?

Comment

from mk to Sydney!

hi we moved here from milton keynes in march this year,im really struggling to make friends,as im a stay at home mum to 3 children aged 5,3 and 1.We live in Acacia Gardens 2763 would love to meet up with anyone around same area.x

Comment

Sutherland Shire, Sydney?

Hi there,

Anyone in the Miranda area? We moved here last year & have not made any friends yet Previously lived in Melbourne for a couple of years, originally from Derbyshire. I'm expecting my first in November & hoping to meet some other Mums.

Comment

Originally posted by claire chamberlain View Post
                    hi we moved here from milton keynes in march this year,im really struggling to make friends,as im a stay at home mum to 3 children aged 5,3 and 1.We live in Acacia Gardens 2763 would love to meet up with anyone around same area.x
                    Hi Claire, I tried to reply by 'quote' but not sure if it worked! Still getting to grips with these forums and how they work! We're from Coventry and live in Stanhope Gardens, not far at all from you, have been here 7 weeks now. I too am a stay at home Mum and my daughter Mia is 21 months old. Would love to meet up with you! xx

Comment

Originally posted by Lil M View Post
                      Hi there,

Anyone in the Miranda area? We moved here last year & have not made any friends yet Previously lived in Melbourne for a couple of years, originally from Derbyshire. I'm expecting my first in November & hoping to meet some other Mums.
                      We have lived in Caringbah for a couple of years, previously lived in Sydney CBD for 4 years, I'm from Cheshire and have a 2 year old boy. Would be great to meet up and see how you are going, not long to go now!!

Comment

just moved to Sydney

Hi all!

Just move to Sydney (Mosman) from uk a week ago and would LOVE to meet up as I'm feeling a bit like 'jimmy no mates'

Comment

hi there

im sam with a one year old son . I live in bondi junction and am always happy to find a coffee and cake buddie ! would be great to organise a once a month uk mummy meet in fun places around the city......what do you all think?

Comment

Yes please! Always up for coffee & cake (esp. as coffee is soooo good here!)Let me know!

Comment

Working...
                            X