South African Playgroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South African Playgroup

Hello all you South Africans that I know are out there!

I'm hoping to get a playgroup happening around the Lower North Shore area. I live in Neutral Bay and have either met or come across lots of South African mom's and dad's with babies and young children.

I'm considering looking into a venue like a church hall or community centre if I get enough interest. I have lots of Afrikaans and English children's books and puzzles but would look into obtaining more down the track.

Would anyone be interested?

We could first meet up at parks/play centres etc then once we've got a group I will do the ground work to find a good location that we can all agree on.

Just wanted to *bump* for you!

I don't have my own children yet but when I do eventually have them I would love to be involved in a South African Playgroup! I'm in Queensland and also know of a lot of South Africans! My Mum always jokes that we are taking over the world because we have nowhere else to go! Haha!

Comment

Saffas

Oh I know we are, I live in Sydney and have been here for 5 years. LOVE IT! In the past 2 years I have just met so many South Africans around the area!

I have some great South African friends but not with children yet. I know there are lots of South African around here though!

So hopefully I can get together a playgroup! Perhaps if it takes off I can offer you advice when you have your own babas and want to start your playgroup!

Comment

Hello
        I was searching for South African playgroups online and found your post :-) I am new to Sydney (almost 3 months now). I live in Killara which is not too far from Neutral Bay. Stayed in Neutral Bay for the 1st month after we arrived.

Are you still looking for parents to join a playgroup in your area?

Comment

Please join us!

Hi Katvis!

Great to hear from you & am happy you found us!

I also was searching for "South African Playgroups" in Sydney for almost a year now then decided to just get my act together with a few other Afrikaaner moms I know and create what I want.

Please send me an email at izzi_vdm@hotmail.com so that I may add you to our list.

I plan for our first "play" to take place next week or the week after, there are only about 5 of us right now but it's a start.

It's looking like a Monday or Friday as that seems to be the 2 days people can make. Do they suit you?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Groete

Izzi :-)

Comment

playgroup

Hi

I was wondering if you got a playgroup up and running in Neutral Bay? I would be interested in joining. I have 2 boys (3 half and 14 months).

Thanks

Originally posted by izella View Post
            Hello all you South Africans that I know are out there!

I'm hoping to get a playgroup happening around the Lower North Shore area. I live in Neutral Bay and have either met or come across lots of South African mom's and dad's with babies and young children.

I'm considering looking into a venue like a church hall or community centre if I get enough interest. I have lots of Afrikaans and English children's books and puzzles but would look into obtaining more down the track.

Would anyone be interested?

We could first meet up at parks/play centres etc then once we've got a group I will do the ground work to find a good location that we can all agree on.

Comment

Hi,
              I have recently moved to Sydney (botany) and would love to meet up with other Afrikaans speaking mums and bubs. I have a 3 year old girl, a 2 year old boy and a 6 month old boy. I would love to join your playgroup. Could you please give me more details on it?

Comment

Working...
              X