Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After advice & friends re: Meadow Springs, Lakelands, Mandurah areas prior to moving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After advice & friends re: Meadow Springs, Lakelands, Mandurah areas prior to moving.

Hi everyone I'm married with 4 children, 2 girls and 2 boys. DH works in mining and we are aiming to move west anytime between now and the next 12 months or so. I have done a fair bit of looking into areas and we are really keen on the Mandurah area. DH will end up FIFO Perth most likely. I'm falling in love with Meadow Springs, but opening up to Lakelands and a few other spots in and around Mandurah. Not that we've ever been there as yet. We did have a couple of weeks holiday in Perth last Summer. But didn't head this far south. So I was hoping to meet mums in these areas to gain advice and local hands on knowledge, as well as make friends so I'm not lonely when we make the move. I'd like to open the 'floor' up to start a conversation about anything and everything that might be helpful... schools, kindys, shops, facilities, GP services, climate, good vs. bad areas etc etc... I look forward to getting to know you P.S. how come when I press enter, the cursor does not move down to the next line???

Hi,
    I am from the Mandurah area. Lakelands and Meadow Springs are nice areas. There is a little shopping centre in Meadow Springs, a public school and a few good private schools. Halls Head is another nice area, near the beach of you like that. Secret Harbour is also really nice. I have to go to school pick up, but feel free to PM me for more info etc.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Rissy84. I will PM you at a later stage as I'm supposed to be working on tea at the moment. Can I be open and say that the one thing that worries me about Halls Head is it's position on what looks like an island.... what's the coastal weather like? Are the mozzies any worse, is it dangerous in storms etc? All just silly fears of the unknown to be honest. But otherwise I have heard Halls Head is really nice......

Comment

Hi,
        Halls head is not on a island, it is on the coast though. I don't think the mozzies are any worse out there, than anywhere in Mandurah. Mandurah can be really bad at times for mozzies. They do spray for them though. Halls Head is not any worse weather wise. We get a few storms come through, but there is no real area that is worse than others. The areas to avoid is probably central Mandurah and Coodanup. The public schools in that area are also not that great.

Comment

Working...
        X