No announcement yet.

Busselton - Advice On Schools / Areas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busselton - Advice On Schools / Areas??

Our family is moving to Busselton - renting first while we look for a home to buy. But we'd like to rent in the area we're going to end up in so we're not swapping schools down the track.

I'd really appreciate opinions on the Busselton schools and areas for living with young families. I've got a super bright six year old who has just started year one, so getting the right school to support her educational growth is pretty important to me.

Does anyone here live / work in Busselton and have some insights / town gossip on which schools (govt, not private) would cater for 'gifted' kids better?

TIA!!
    Busselton Primary (located in Geographe)
    0%
    Geographe Primary
    0%
    Vasse Primary
    0%
    Other (I'm not sure I've listed all options?)
    0%

I can't give you advice from a parent- as I am yet to have a school aged child. However I have a few friends that teach down here, and the views of schooling really vary.

A lot of really bright kids end up travelling to Georgiana Molloy. It has a great reputation amongst Busseltonites and is private.
    For Christian schooling, Cornerstone is right in the centre of town- and it has a good reputation, the kids are lovely.
    Pretty much anywhere but Cape Naturaliste is what I have heard, and Busselton Primary is right by our house- has a lot of children whose parents are ehem, questionable, and not the best reputation.

As for where to live, anywhere but Geographe!
    We moved there not knowing what to expect and not having a clue- and have promptly moved out quickly. The area has a lot of low income households and lots of "interesting" folk.
    everywhere else is pretty wonderful.

Abbey is a beautiful well respected area- and gets my vote, as it's half way to Busso and just a bit further to Dunsborough.
    Really excellent spot!

Hope this helps'

Comment

Working...
    X