Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaching out to Kalgoorlie mums!

Hi there,

I am a first time mum to my four month old baby girl. I'm 33, married and living in Kalgoorlie. I've only been in Kalgoorlie for 18 months and don't really know any mums. I would love to meet some new people if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Judging by the huge response to my thread (a total of 0 responses), I'm assuming there is no-one in Kalgoorlie. I have been in for 18 months and never felt so isolated in my whole life. I can't wait to move back to civilisation in QLD and get out of this stupid backward hick town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Hi
      I'm not in Kalgoorlie at the moment but i used to live in kambalda which is not far away, and i know what you mean about feeling isolated. I used to hate it but i think that it is a lot better than where we are now, so much so that we are hoping to move back to kal in the next couple of months So, if you are still there when we get back there i would love to catch up.

Shell

Comment

hey how r u! im lisa my daughter, holly was 2 in august and i too have only bee in kal since december last year.

Comment

Hi there I live in Kal too

Abbysmummy-Kal isn't that bad! I don't think it's a backward hick town at all, you must have met some odd people to have put you off
          I know how hard it would be if you don't know alot of people but sometimes you just have to make the most of this place. Do you go to playgroup? I go to a session at Kal Central Playgroup, you should give them a call as I know there are a few groups you could join. I go on a Monday morning but our session is at full capacity atm.

Have a great weekend girls

Comment

Originally posted by rileysmum_wa View Post
            Hi
            I'm not in Kalgoorlie at the moment but i used to live in kambalda which is not far away, and i know what you mean about feeling isolated. I used to hate it but i think that it is a lot better than where we are now, so much so that we are hoping to move back to kal in the next couple of months So, if you are still there when we get back there i would love to catch up.

Shell
            Thanks Shell, it would be great to meet you if/when you return to Kal.

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. I'm sorry I sounded so negative about Kal, was having a very bad day that day and just venting I guess.

I have enquired about playgroups but they seem to be all full and breaking up from chrissy hols in a couple of weeks.

If anyone is keen to meet for a coffee and chat somewhere like Hammonds Park, please let me know.

Comment

No problem Abbysmummy. We all have days like that.

I'm a bit flat out at the moment but as soon as things quieten down a little I'd love to catch up.

I'm going to be away from Kal over the next couple of weeks but I'll PM you as soon as I get back.

Comment

Hi my name is sharleen and im 22 i have a daughter who is 3 next month. I know how u feel i have lived in kal for 6 yrs now i dont really have any friends cause i isolate my self at home and im very shy. I have thought about taking my little one to playgroup but i dont know anyone so i stay home oor just go to the park. It would be great to meet anothe mum so if ya wanna meet just let me know. ok thanks

Comment

Hi Sharleen, I'm 21, and expecting my first in January. I'd love to meet you as I've just arrived in Kal a week ago and know no-one! Maybe we could meet for coffee at Gloria Jeans?? Let me know if your interested. I'm not used to meeting people out of the blue, but I would love to make some friends here!

Comment

25 year old mother to 2 girls one 8yrsold other 7months old

Hi to all i have 2 girls im sick of staying at home watching tv looking for some new friends to have coffee or lend a ear or just take the kids to the park ETC.....

Just bored of this town ...

Comment

Sorry bout doubling up on the msgs, just figured at least everyone would know about it!

Hello hello!
                        OK, I want to organise something officially, so, here is an open invitation to all mums and mums to be and their kids in Kal to come down and have coffee/lunch at Dome every Thursday at 11.00am.
                        Tell anyone you think that might be interested.
                        How to spot eachother.... I'm the pregnant one with no kids, and there should be a mum there with a double pram.
                        Hope to see u there, if there are any probs pm or email me chloeluff@westnet.com.au

Comment

movin to kal

hi everyone,

i'm moving to kal in jan. i have a 7 month old and my partner in going to be fifo 2 weeks on and 1 week off. so i need to meet some friends otherwise i am going to go insane. so if anyone is keen to catch up when i move over that would be cool. my name is steph and i'm 26 and my daughters name is savannah she will nearly be 10 months when i get to kal. well hope to hear from someone soon

Comment

I used to live in Kalgoorlie for a year but moved back to perth in 2006. I also felt totally isolated. I only made about 2 friends but they had their own families so most times it was just my kids and I while my hubby worked.
                            I ended up working for my hubby's uncle who used to own 'The Lunch Bowl' which helped.
                            My FIL and BIL live in Kambalda so we do go there for holidays.
                            Like one of the other girls said...joining a playgroup or something would be a good way of meeting people.

Comment

Hi Lousmum I'm Chloe, I moved to Kal from inner city melbourne in August and its taken a while but I've settled in and I'm happy here. There's a group of us who go for coffee and/or go to the gym together each week with children of various ages. Kal can feel isolating but the more people you get to know the easier it is, and you'll eventually start to enjoy it. We've all sacrificed a part of our lives to come here for our partners and i think that brings all us girls together. I will be back in melbourne to have my first baby over xmas and will be back at the start of Feb, so once you settle in you'll have to come out for coffee and meet us so we can give you the run down on the town! If you have any questions about the place or anything else, let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X