My boy needs a social life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boy needs a social life

Well.. As much as a social life a toddler can have.

Been a SAHM now (again) for 6 months. And my 2yr old son really hasn't done anything since I have been home.
    I really want to try and get my DS to interact more with other kids, to help with his social skills and to make his own little friends ok.

Daycare is no longer an option for us at this point, so ladies, I am after ideas on ways to help my DS to find friends.

Originally posted by Brood Mare View Post
    Well.. As much as a social life a toddler can have.

Been a SAHM now (again) for 6 months. And my 2yr old son really hasn't done anything since I have been home.
    I really want to try and get my DS to interact more with other kids, to help with his social skills and to make his own little friends ok.

Daycare is no longer an option for us at this point, so ladies, I am after ideas on ways to help my DS to find friends.
    Subscribing! My daughter is 4 and I'm in the same situation as you Brood Mare, although she goes to daycare one day a week but it's not enough!!

Comment

Come to playgroup with me! It is in Boronia. It took me under 10 from Ringwood to get there on Thursday. It is $35 a term. Rostered playgroup for kids 3+ is $90 a term but kids up until school age are allowed in the normal playgroup sessions. That's where my boys are.

Comment

Originally posted by bellalika View Post
        Come to playgroup with me! It is in Boronia. It took me under 10 from Ringwood to get there on Thursday. It is $35 a term. Rostered playgroup for kids 3+ is $90 a term but kids up until school age are allowed in the normal playgroup sessions. That's where my boys are.
        So they have a group for 2yr olds? I plan on trying to move closer to Boronia sometime soon.

Comment

Right now the boys are in the one for 18 months and up. We are in the Thursday group but may need to move to Tuesday next year. Not sure yet. They run the 18 month plus groups on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. It's $35 a term or $45 for two kids. Under 18 month siblings are free.

Comment

Yeah I agree with Bellalika. Playgroups are fantastic. Heaps of preschool aged kids. A huge variety of different toys, crafts, games and activities. And bonus is that u will meet mums that come from the same area.
            Also see if there is a 'mops' group in ur area. (mops = mothers of Pre schoolers) Kids get cared for in a structured creche and mums get kid free time to do parenting workshops, crafts and get to know each other over morning tea. There's also toddler time at the library.

Comment

PM me all the details, address, phone number etc. Going to have to check it out.

Comment

I think I have seen the MOP program up at the church up the road from me, Although, I had no idea that was what it was lol.

Comment

Working...
                X