Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Brissie & needing some girlfriends! *little bit lonely*

Hello everyone

Im a 36 year old California girl looking to meet some mommies and hopefully make some lifelong friends, cuz Brissie is my new home. Ive been here about 6 weeks and have had lots of fun exploring, but am feeling a bit lonely with no girlfriends in the area. I moved from cali to tassie since my hubbie's parents retired there. Now that Im a bit more used to aussie way of life (was in tassie for 2 years), we decided to move to some much needed warmer weather

DH works in the CBD all week and I get to stay at home and play with our boys Lockie (3.5 yrs) and Jared (almost 2), while I try to run my doggie dessert company. We spend our days during the week exploring new parks and revisiting the ones we like the best like wynnum esplanade, colmslie beach reserve, minippi parkland by the dog park. We also really like taking the train into southbank to play in the fountains, and recently joined lone pine koala sanctuary and plan on having picnics with kangaroos once a month or so.

Ill tell you a bit about me, and if it sounds like we'd be a good fit, please send me a message so we can plan a playdate at a park, or our house Like I mentioned above, we love our boys and life pretty much revolves around raising happy, healthy, well-adjusted boys. Ive had a few bad experiences with parents who share very different views on parenting and life, so I'll tell u a bit about how I feel. I dont hit my kids, and I dont care to be around anyone who thinks its ok to hit theirs. My boys drive me crazy at least once a day, if not more, at which time mommy takes a much needed timeout. I do tend to drop the occasional F bomb and sprinkle conversations with bad words, but I dont cuss around my kids or anyone else's kids. I actually enjoy watching and playing with my boys. I dont know how many times Ive picked up crying kids with minor injuries at parks and have been unable to find the parents for 5 minutes because theyre deep in conversation or busy texting. I like coffee, I like texting, I like relaxing, but I love my kids and I watch out for their safety and to make sure theyre playing nicely with each other and everyone else. Can u tell Ive had a few bad experiences?! lol

Ok, so send me a message and lets get together for a playdate. Cant wait to meet some mommies and have playdates, adult conversations, maybe the occasional weekend coffee or lunch/wine, and family BBQs

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Kristi

Hi Kristi,

That's an impressive introduction! Have you had much luck settling into Brissie? I hope so. I'm originally from Tasmania, so I can appreciate your desire to escape the cold!

We (partner + 11 month old bub) moved to Wynnum this year. We really like it here, but I haven't really met any other mothers. We tried to go to the singalong thingy at the library on Wednesday mornings, but it's right in the middle of nap time, so that hasn't been particularly successful.

I'm pretty sure our parenting philosophies overlap. I love my little boy, Finn. That doesn't mean I don't want to throttle him occasionally! We try to get outdoors most days and he has a blast in the playgrounds in the area (mostly trying to eat the woodchips). Oh! He's only 11 months - a bit younger than your two. I would never hit him! That's not really my thing. I'm similar to you in that I do swear occasionally, but I refrain when Finn's around (I fail at that sometimes though!)

Um . . . what else can I tell you? I work as a relief teacher sometimes, so I do have to cancel on friends sometimes which can be frustrating.

Anyway, let me know if you're keen to meet up. I know you posted your message a while ago, but hopefully you're still eager to meet some people!

Cheers,
    Bri.

Comment

Hi ladies, I'd love to meet up if you like! I am about 30-40mins away, but willing to travel. I am known to be the 'helicopter' parent, meaning I 'hover' and don't let my DS (16mths) roam around alone. I am a full time SAHM, with bub #2 on the way in March!

Please let me know if you are interested. It's always lovely to meet new people.

Comment

Hiya!

Thanks for the reply I see where you said you're about 30-40 minutes away...in which direction? Im learning the suburbs still OMG I didnt know there was a term for me 'helicopter', but I'm ok with that since my youngest loves helicopters lol. Yeah, Im not a stalker, but I do like to interact and play with my kids. They'll be grown and wanting to play with friends only soon enough, so this is my time to enjoy them right?

My email is kd.mulcahy@hotmail.com so whenever you have time, send me an email and we'll plan a playdate

xx, Kristi

Comment

Hi Bri!

Thanks for the reply Yeah, when I re-read what I wrote...I think I was a bit fired up that day lol. I'm usually a pretty mellow person, but it gets a bit frustrating trying to meet mommies while watching and playing with my boys, and learning a new area.

So how long have you been in Wynnum? We moved here at the end of May, so I'm looking forward to seeing what summer is like, but we're loving the weather too. Its just nice to get outside almost every day. I have enough toys to be a daycare centre after living in tassie and having to find fun things to do INSIDE all the time

My email is kd.mulcahy@hotmail.com, so when you get time, send me an email and we can try to plan a play date. My oldest has been a bit sick this week, so maybe we can get together next week. The only issue I think we might have is naps cuz of the age diff with our kiddos. Jared (2) has a sleep around 12 or 1, and you mentioned that Finn sleeps in the mornings. Ahhh, I remember the awesome days of 2 naps

Hope to hear from you soon!
          xx, Kristi

Comment

Hi Girls,

I just sent you an email, Kristi. "Love05", did you want to shoot Kristi an email and we could organise a time/place to meet up?

Cheers,

Bri

Comment

Have just emailed Kristi

Hope to meet you both soon!

Comment

Have just sent through email to Kristi xxx

Comment

Hi Ladies, I would be interested in meeting up with some new people. I have an almost 2 year old daughter.

Comment

Hi Ladies,

My Name is Bree im a 23 year old single mother of a lil boy Names Dallas who will be 2 on the 10.11 @specialpatrolgroup i see your lil girl has the same birthday

Im a shy person to start off with until you get to know me! i havent ever met other mummies due to a confidence issue!

I would love to meet up for play dates we live @ Alex hills but we are willing to travel to meet some new friends

Comment

Hi Ladies,

My Name is Bree im a 23 year old single mother of a lil boy Names Dallas who will be 2 on the 10.11 @specialpatrolgroup i see your lil girl has the same birthday

Im a shy person to start off with until you get to know me! i havent ever met other mummies due to a confidence issue!

I would love to meet up for play dates we live @ Alex hills but we are willing to travel to meet some new friends

Comment

Hi girls!

Hi Girls,
                        We're meeting tomorrow (wed oct 5) at 10-ish at the Minnippi Parklands park off Meadowlands in Carindale. Its right next to a dog park and covered BBQ areas and and fun place for most all ages Send me a text if you want better directions or any other info

I'll keep you all posted on 1-2 things we're planning to do each week. Maybe we can go to Southbank on the train on Friday? Talk to you all soon & Im SOOOO looking forward to meeting some mommies/mummies

To Bree & Patrol mum...hope to see you there, or soon at another playdate if you cant make tomorrow xo

Cheers,
                        Kristi
                        Last edited by jedi lockstar; 04-10-2011, 09:47. Reason: addtl info needed

Comment

my cel is 0406 397 753 lol

Comment

hi ladies! i live in alex hills and would love to meet some new mums and have some new friends for my lovely almost 2 1/2 yr old son feel free to email me at mattandsuzee@bigpond.com...
                            hope to hear from you soon

Comment

Hello Ladies!

Hi everyone,

If anyone is free, Im going to be at Minnippi parklands tomorrow around 10-12ish, with Lockie & Jared Id love to meet any and all of you at some point soon.

Lockie is having surgery (adenoids out *whimper from worried mommy* ) on Tuesday, but we're free before then and when all goes as planned, he'll be up n about in 3-4 days.

Send me an email at kd.mulcahy@hotmail.com with any days and times (other than Oct 25-Oct 28) that you can play and we'll set something up. Im keen to drive or we can play at one of the cool parks around the Eastern suburbs. Id really like to start meeting some moms

Cheers!
                              Kristi

Comment

Working...
                              X