Gungahlin/Harrison mums groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gungahlin/Harrison mums groups

Hi. We are moving to this area late Nov. I will have a 5,3 and newborn. Any recommendations for playgroups, parks or other stuff yo do? I will be a SAHP for a bit.

http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au...nd-a-playgroup

Maybe start here. I have a 4 week old and will be looking for play groups soon. I may end up in a play group in gungahlin due to lack of places into area.

Comment

I've been on there already thanks and have sent a few emails out.

Comment

Join the fb group "canberra mums". They often advertise mums groups etc. you can also ask questions. I live in canberra (in kingston. Kind of ss). If you ever want to catch up, pm me! I have a 10 month old dd.

Comment

Our two favourite places to go and play are the Arboretum - it's got an amazing playground but as it's on the top of a hill it's always a bit chilly so come prepared; and Play Up at Old Parliament House. My boys actually love to stop and look at everything at OPH before we actually get to the play space so it's a good half a day out for a couple of dollars entry.

Unfortunately I'm on the southside and driving to Gungahlin feels like I'm driving interstate, so I can't tell you much about that area sorry! Best of luck with your new bub and your move.

Comment

I live in this area and am part of a Facebook group called gungahlin mothers. They have regular catch ups around the area.

There are lots of parks in and around gungahlin, it's an area with lots of young families and always something on to take young children to.

I have an 18 month old ds if you'd like to meet someone in the area for a play date.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

We r moving to the area too in December!
              I have a 4 year old(boy) and a 2 year old (girl). We have never been to Canberra and now, trying to work out where to live, preschool and childcare.

Comment

We still don't have a house. DHA are not being helpful at all so looking now for a private rental.

Comment

Oh that's not good that dha are being painful. If your looking at any particular places and would like some help re the area please feel free to pm me. I've lived in canberra on and off most of my life so know it pretty well

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
                    We still don't have a house. DHA are not being helpful at all so looking now for a private rental.
                    A lot of people are having trouble trying to get a house in Canberra this posting. A few mums from the girls school don't have one either. Hope something comes up fast!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyG4 View Post
                      A lot of people are having trouble trying to get a house in Canberra this posting. A few mums from the girls school don't have one either. Hope something comes up fast!
                      There is nothing available.... They offered us a 2bed apartment for 2adults and 3kids. Plus it's so bloody expensive for rentals.

Urgh

Comment

Originally posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
                        We haven't looked as we are not there yet. What is DHA?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyG4 View Post
                          Do u mean buying a house or renting?
                          and is it not enough houses or what was the issue of not being able to "get a house"?

Now, i am worried because we have only looked on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by del79 View Post
                            We haven't looked as we are not there yet. What is DHA?
                            Originally posted by del79 View Post
                            Do u mean buying a house or renting?
                            and is it not enough houses or what was the issue of not being able to "get a house"?

Now, i am worried because we have only looked on the internet
                            DHA is defence housing which is housing for defence personnel that get shifted to various cities.

There are no defence houses in Canberra so we have to look at private rentals but that's way more expensive than a defence house.

Comment

Rentals here are so expensive! We have lots of defence families/members in our building. I'd say about 30%. We mostly have 2br apartments though. Some 3br on the top floor, but we don't have a lift. So it's 3 floors of stairs up to the top :/
                              Are you just looking in Gunghalin? I'm sure there are other members who can give you the low down on other Canbo suburbs if you need! How stressful! Don't you have a newborn?

Comment

Working...
                              X