what we're talking about now! can you help?
what's it like? find out what our reviewers thought
want to try products for free? join our reviewer panel
Welcome to the Hubbub! Where opinion meets advice ... where our team of talented writers and experts share the latest tips, tales and talk from the world of parenting and beyond.
have a laugh, have a cry and have your say!
What to do, where to go, who to ask for help, it's all there in our baby info hub.
the baby info hub has
the todder info hub has
Information hubs for you and your family. Your one stop info spot.
Over 40 really helpful calculators, checklists and charts to help keep you organised and in control.
Find everything you need, and a few little treats, quickly and easily. Over 12,000 listings in more than 1,000 local and online categories covering all Australia. Go on, test us!
search by keyword
Have a couple of these in my stash. I bought them for the funky prints and designs and was attracted by the concept of the nappy - an OSFM nappy which can be customised from infant to toddler stage, and fully removable and customisable inserts.
The overall concept is good in theory and works ok in general, but this is not my favourite nappy for several reasons:
1. Absorbency is not the best. Even using 2 the inserts + the mini booster, everything was soaked after a couple of hours over one nap (I've have other nappies that do much better than this). The inserts themselves are not that thick (probably to adhere to the trim fit feature of itti bitti) they would probably be alright for infant/baby but not enough for longer stretches with toddlers
2. The inserts are a little fiddly to put together. There are colour codes to guide where everything snaps in, but I'm the only one in the household who knows how to put them together. I don't mind doing it, but it does require 1-2 additional steps to assemble
3. With the multiple inserts, poo can get caught in between the multiple layers of inserts. I use a liner which helps, though sometimes liners shift out of place and leaves a mess.
But some good points about the nappy which make them still popular:
1. OFSM - customisable snap settings to use the nappy from infant to toddler stage
2. Trim fit around crotch area
3. Great colour and design options
4. Fast drying time - everything comes fully apart to dry separately
don't miss out
share the love
mobile and apps